Sign in to follow this  
Diddyness

Why do we have to be zombies?

I am sure there is someone thinking "hey what a crazy cool idea this is, I shall make everyone a zombie for Halloween". If only I could get a refund for the 2 weeks I am going to lose not playing whilst this enforced stupidity is going on. It has totally destroyed my immersion in the game, I am really annoyed and considering quitting if this is the state of mind of the game developers. We should have the choice, there are yellow potions if you want to dress up, we should not be forced to join in. Why not make a yellow potion return you to normal during the event? At least then I can enjoy not looking totally ridiculous. 

• Like 10

I understand your point and share it to an extent, but don't you consider asking for a refund/ boycotting the game an extreme reaction ?

• Like 3

I do... totally agree about this forced mentality..

..pass on such 'entertainment'

50:50 I've been grumpy whenever a gm have turned me into something random.. / maybe at 40% they realize and have removed it.. so.. ask politely.. if it's not automatic... you'll be blessed with your regular looks back...

Let players to pick 1 from 3-5-7 or w/e.. number of possibilities .. or pass on it completely... one time or any time during the event.

I bet good amount of money that this will bring a few more smiles around ^

• Like 2

Madnath, I am not saying you cannot be a zombie if you want.

My point is that I don't want to be one.

I hate the whole genre. Lazy script writers go for the zombie option when they run out of ideas, all I am asking is to have the option to opt out. 

Should I have not have the choice? I did not sign up to be a zombie, would not play a game if I had to be one. It is a prescriptive update, you will join in whether you like it or not. 

• Like 1

You're angry about a temporary cosmetic change and are refusing to play the game because you look a bit different.

Yes, I am angry Madnath. Much as I see your point, I do think this is more than just a "bit different".

I do not want to look that that. I do not like being forced to look like that. I do not usually care much for cosmetic things, I use the game to relax, to disappear into an imaginary world for a moment and I find this change has ruined my immersion in the game. I have no problem with wurm giving you the option to be a zombie, bear or ghost but why force us to be something we don't want to be. I do hope you can perhaps see my point of view, it is the lack of choice. A sandbox game is about choice, at least that is what I thought.

• Like 4

It's a temporary Halloween skin, we do it often with different creatures. 

We spent a while updating the zombie texture and decided it would be fun to throw it in. 

I apologise if this has upset you, I assure you it's not permanent and will be gone after Halloween. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's a temporary Halloween skin, we do it often with different creatures. 

We spent a while updating the zombie texture and decided it would be fun to throw it in. 

I apologise if this has upset you, I assure you it's not permanent and will be gone after Halloween. 

Hello Retrograde,

Thank you for that. Please note, I can see you have worked on the idea, in future give people the choice whether to participate.

But again thank you

• Like 1

Though personally the zombie look is no skin off my back (sorry), I agree wholeheartedly with the OP's point. Compulsory fun is anything but.

• Like 3

+1

I agree, Halloween is offensive to many people.

Thanks guys but...no thanks.

• Like 2

I remember that day when we were forced to be gnomes on April Fools... I hated it. It was so ugly and I couldn't even look at my character anymore and try on different armour sets and what not.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Cat 1

I came here just to make this post. When exactly will this zombiefest be over?  After Halloween is WAY too long for me, but I hope it isn't one second longer.  I have no intention of playing until it is over and I'm seriously not happy about it.

I *HATE* zombies!!!!!!!!   I can't say this strongly enough.  I was looking forward to putting the carved pumpkin things at my deed and running around in my witch's hat (which i wear most of the year anyway).  But...then ZOMBIES had to happen. 

• Like 1

Oh wait, just read that Diddyness said this is going to last for TWO weeks?  Is that true?  

I registered for the forums just to comment on this as well.  It is a bully mentality that makes us all have to comply with the idiotic notion of halloween costumes.  The game is pretty user surly to start with and now this.  I too will be taking a break until the "costumes" are gone.  hopefully, it will be enough time to find a more user friendly game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malwhynn said:

I registered for the forums just to comment on this as well.  It is a bully mentality that makes us all have to comply with the idiotic notion of halloween costumes.  The game is pretty user surly to start with and now this.  I too will be taking a break until the "costumes" are gone.  hopefully, it will be enough time to find a more user friendly game

Every april fools and halloween we have various changes such as this, sorry if it's something that has upset you, we'll keep it in mind for the future

• Like 1

Do those yellow potions take away the zombie look? 

I see on the wiki that "Taking damage, embarking on a vehicle or animal, or sitting on furniture will dispel the effect.".  But I haven't used one in so long, I can't remember if it changes how you see yourself.

Just now, Draiodoir said:

Do those yellow potions take away the zombie look? 

I see on the wiki that "Taking damage, embarking on a vehicle or animal, or sitting on furniture will dispel the effect.".  But I haven't used one in so long, I can't remember if it changes how you see yourself.

Ifyou use one it will change you into something else, yes 

5 hours ago, Diddyness said:

enforced stupidity

they are called updates, they are festive, 

where the hell are the pumpkin spiders?! needs more tentacles!!!

This is a ridiculous reaction to a harmless event.

Had you come in here with a less melodramatic tone regarding the skin instead of coming in guns blazing, then you would've likely carried a bit more gravity with your reaction, but as it stands, not playing the game because of a cosmetic change you hardly interact with due to Wurm being first person, is an extreme, knee-jerk reaction, and all of it presented in a way purely to cause drama.

A simple suggestion in the suggestions board, for the option to opt-in to the skin would've sufficed.

• Like 7

Logged in just to see what the fuss is about and it's not even that bad.  You are over reacting.  It's festive fun.  I actually was expecting more than zombies and the same witch hats and troll masks.  Already farmed a lot of those last year.  Pumpkin spider statue would be cool to have.

Edit:  Going to have to log back in to see if Oak trees have scary faces again.  I liked that the most in the past.  Takes you off guard at first.

Edited by nicedreams

Go off my deed and there's a champ pumpkin spider down the road.  You messing with me Retro?

Edit:  Well got my pumpkin spider statue on deed.  [21:14:54] A mature champion huge spider is dead. R.I.P.

Edit:  My wife walk by the computer and saw it and said it's lame I can't make a mask out of him.  lol

Edited by nicedreams

1 hour ago, Shrimpiie said:

This is a ridiculous reaction to a harmless event.

Had you come in here with a less melodramatic tone regarding the skin instead of coming in guns blazing, then you would've likely carried a bit more gravity with your reaction, but as it stands, not playing the game because of a cosmetic change you hardly interact with due to Wurm being first person, is an extreme, knee-jerk reaction, and all of it presented in a way purely to cause drama.

A simple suggestion in the suggestions board, for the option to opt-in to the skin would've sufficed.

Not to mention the fact this was mentioned in CA-Help before and after the OP posted here. The OP got replied to that in both occasions, was told in both occasions it's just a temporary effect and in both occasions reacted in a way that made me - and most likely others as well - it was accepted that way. So seeing this post, surely gives me the impression the OP wants Wurm to be played according to her rules and standards.

As for the change, I'm not fond of games involving zombies as I find them way too much alike.

I also don't like the commercializing of certain festivities and the shoving the American way of celebrating them down my throat.

HOWEVER:

I do appreciate all the work the dev's are doing here to improve the game;

I do appreciate the work the Dev's are doing to give attention to some festivities or activities by adding them to the game as a temporary event.

Perhaps the OP should consider that there are people spending countless hours to give us a pleasant Wurming experience with events like these, but that her whining about ONE!! change basically is a slap in the face.

But then as I've said before and most likely will mention again in the future:

No matter what the dev's do, whiners gonna whine.

And as for myself,

Thx for the effort you've put into this, Dev-team.

It's appreciated.

Thorin :) 

Edited by Thorinoakshield
  • Like 7