Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 90

Can't  rotate the hitching post.  only push and pull. is that meant that way cus looks odd when it's 5-10 degrees off the edge of a tile

• Like 1

You need to secure it to the ground first, after that you can both place and rotate. I don't know why that is, must be a bug.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 5:50 PM, Amadee said:

Maybe if they make one Steam server as a destination for one-time, one-way transferred WO accounts, (but keep the rest of the Steam WO servers permanently separated), and make it known to anyone starting on that server that it will be populated with older, transferred accounts, it might solve part of that problem. At least that way, people could keep their characters they've worked on for years.  Should def be one-way though. I can see where transferring back to the RMT side would definitely be a problem not easily solved.

That still wouldn't change the fact that you could  buy an account through RMT and then transfer it to that steam server (and you could fill the inventory with RMTd items and silver, but that's besides the point). That it's separated from the other steam servers is irrelevant if what you can transfer to it can be acquired through RMT. RMT would need to go first.

3 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Securing it worked.  Thanks.

That's a bug, will be fixed on the next server restart. For now, yes secure them to get the movement options.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lisimba said:

You need to secure it to the ground first, after that you can both place and rotate. I don't know why that is, must be a bug.

that worked ty

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, Samool said:

Yes, it's same time of day and that's the brightest it can now be. Is that really still bad? Feels decent to me.

To me it looks like it will still be painful, hard to judge from a single picture but being surrounded by it I cant imagine it will be much different to now, the real test obviously will be when winter comes

Towards RMT i did ask steam support on some clarification on a question of mine

With it being shorter reworded "SSA forbits selling of anything connected to steam eg items on steam market place cd keys and accounts but what about items in games that are not part of steam what so ever but part of the company who runs the game" and all they had to say to that was "A Steam account will only be restricted for actions that violate the Steam Subscriber Agreement or Steam Online Conduct Rules." so i asked them if the following falls under the SSA "if bob was to trade any item lets say a pickaxe to joe and then joe paypals him 10 usd would this be in violation of the SSA or not considering that this trade took place ingame and not via any steam service" upon which they said "Steam Support cannot provide assistance with trades and transactions that take place outside of Steam. You will need to seek assistance from the third-party platform for any questions you may have; we will not be able to provide any other assistance on the matter.
We recommend that you reach out to the games support team to ask about any upcoming changes to their policy, or changes that will be implemented once the game has come to Steam.
At this point we have provided all the available information in this and our previous message. Since there's not much more that I can say or do to be of help with this particular issue, I am going to close this help request."

So going off that i guess the ball is in the court of gcg and wurm dev team to decide if item trading for real money will be disallowed on steam(we know accounts are and anything on the steam marketplace/steam store(eg silver if they add that to it))
Unless there is something specifically stating somewhere that steam does not allow that kind of trading(shroud of the avatar would be in violation of SSA at that point) and i have somehow not seen it or miss read 

So as they said i am here by asking wurm staff team considering steam(atleast steam support) isnt saying "no you can not trade items that are not linked to steam in anyway(example ingame items) for real money because of our rules" what will your stance be considering steam says yes?

The steam developer agreement is different and requires us to not allow rmt transactions. 

It's a seperate agreement, steam does not allow it. 

Also that response is hilarious, you got shut down

Hitching horses to tents would be really helpful for new players. Just saying...

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Very professional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The steam developer agreement is different and requires us to not allow rmt transactions. 

It's a seperate agreement, steam does not allow it. 

I have read the SDA before and the only thing that shows up in there is 2.6 which also shows points out that if the program itself supports the sale of digital items or currency then those items can not be sold for real life money which to my understanding means if you decide to sell silver as a steam store purchase or marketplace purchase then we can not sell silver for real life money if you decide to sell gnomes on the steam marketplace or store we can not sell gnomes it does not state anywhere in the SDA any kind of resemblance to the scenario i mentioned where bob trades an item ingame and joe gives him 5 bucks in return

So as following
The SSA rules out account sales and any marketplace items being sold for real money by players
The SDA rules out any items that are being sold on the steam store or marketplace and that you the company shall not allow or facilitate the redemption or exchange of those items or currency for real life money
Going off that unless steam directly comes out and states that the current wurm shop is not allowed to sell silver to the steam version then other games are supposed to be in hot trouble too but those games are still on steam and only use steam to download and spread awareness of their game and any and all purchases are done through their own store and thus are able to do rmt of items ingame but not accounts and have a restriction in place where trading for real money can only happen on their forums anywhere else and its a ban if found out

As for your last part real mature i am a paying long time customer trying hard to figure out what steam's stance is on the matter of rmt and where steam stops and personal opinion of the wurm staff team starts as i have spend over 4000 dollars on this game since its beginning and i would like to have a firm clear simple grasp as to how something that is a major part of wurm's economy is going to work in the future and what is and isnt allowed so that i and others do not get in trouble at the whims of a jealous or angry gm in the future and loose access to a game i have played for almost more then half my life

But hey keep making fun of people keeping stinging the hornets nest keep miss treating your wurm unlimited userbase keep taking jabs at your long time wurm online players and when the steam reviews start rolling in and lo and behold they are a waves of negative reviews causing people to steer clear of wurm online on steam because of it then the pointing will begin

You might think that you can get away with saying "oh steam doesnt allow rmt and thats that" but we the players have the know how on figuring out how far steam really takes that and we will figure out what it means as no one wants to trade in an economy where you dont know the rules it is suicide to do so

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, wipeout said:

You might think that you can get away with saying "oh steam doesnt allow rmt and thats that" but we the players have the know how on figuring out how far steam really takes that and we will figure out what it means as no one wants to trade in an economy where you dont know the rules it is suicide to do so

We'll make sure that the rules are very clear when the time comes, there's no need to fear repercussions on a not yet prepared ruleset.

Going off that unless steam directly comes out and states that the current wurm shop is not allowed to sell silver to the steam version

That's quite clear already in the SDA (2.5) - the Steam version cannot use any functionality of the current Wurm shop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Samool said:

We'll make sure that the rules are very clear when the time comes, there's no need to fear repercussions on a not yet prepared ruleset.

That's quite clear already in the SDA (2.5) - the Steam version cannot use any functionality of the current Wurm shop.

Aye indeed it does(the amount of games that violate that is so insanely high though) but hey atleast on that part our normal wurm online wont be affected by it so thats great im curious how poe can do both(and other games)

And i hope so as based on the history way past and present the wurm dev team has left a lot of things vague and done so on purpose to the point where it affects players negatively so i hope that when that time comes all that will be clearly written out(even if its a long long list)

Apologies for that line, it was meant light heartedly but I understand it came across wrong. 

As samool said, we will have the rules out clear, but the SDA doesn't just cover items that we allow selling on the community marketplace but all items ingame. 

I understand that to many RMT is a major selling point on the game, which is why we're spending a lot of time discussing this.

The economy will be silver based and we will adjust silver income and sinks accordingly to ensure that it doesn't wind up out of control. The ability to  put money into the game by buying silver and then buying items for your use will be possible, just selling silver will not. 

• Like 5
  • Cat 2

What is clear to me is that for a steam version of Wurm, RMT in any way cannot be openly tolerated by the team or the company. And as a newcomer they cannot brazenly ignore the SDA like some game providers on steam do. I assume that Valve is more adamant towards newcomers, especially when the market expectations are not skyrocketing (I mean, Blizzard would have more negotiating power than CC/GC :)).

What is not clear to me: Might Wurm maintain the separate shop and subscription system in a case when servers are opened to one another. I know games (I named Ryzom)  which are able to be subscribed over steam, but also over the company site. In fact they do not have a game shop comparable to Wurm, and no RMT (or if any, what I doubt, only over black market). Yet they have steam and non steam players on one server. Personally, though quite disinterested in RMT, I prolly would quit when forced into the Valve padded cell.

If WO remains what it is, steam Wurm complies to the SDA, and the server borders are opened one day, interesting situations may arise.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Apologies for that line, it was meant light heartedly but I understand it came across wrong. 

As samool said, we will have the rules out clear, but the SDA doesn't just cover items that we allow selling on the community marketplace but all items ingame. 

I understand that to many RMT is a major selling point on the game, which is why we're spending a lot of time discussing this.

The economy will be silver based and we will adjust silver income and sinks accordingly to ensure that it doesn't wind up out of control. The ability to  put money into the game by buying silver and then buying items for your use will be possible, just selling silver will not. 

What does that mean for buying premium time with silver?
--edit

also.. Does that mean wurm's about to be rmt and alt-bulk-creator/multi-priest-FREE in a year?

If bulk alt slavers and multi-priest owners have no real-life/monetary/ incentive to do what they do, I'd imagine stuff are about to change "a bit" in the game world?

Edited by Finnn

9 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

What is not clear to me: Might Wurm maintain the separate shop and subscription system in a case when servers are opened to one another. I know games (I named Ryzom)  which are able to be subscribed over steam, but also over the company site. In fact they do not have a game shop comparable to Wurm, and no RMT (or if any, what I doubt, only over black market). Yet they have steam and non steam players on one server. Personally, though quite disinterested in RMT, I prolly would quit when forced into the Valve padded cell.

We can have servers using both our and Steam shops - but we cannot sell silver/subscription through our shop to players connected from Steam, hence a separate store there.

Just now, Finnn said:

Not affected, that's still on the table.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

--edit

also.. Does that mean wurm's about to be rmt and alt-bulk-creator/multi-priest-FREE in a year?

If bulk alt slavers and multi-priest owners have no real-life/monetary/ incentive to do what they do, I'd imagine stuff are about to change "a bit" in the game world?

Too your edit sure some will stop but the majority i think(atleast going off my personal experience talking to them) do it to make that silver not the usd or euro so im sure the mutli-priest people who are part of a group of 7=8 people each with an alt or 2 will still be around if not condensed more together because not everyone wants to go through the hassle of setting up an environment of running multiple steam clients logged into multiple accounts just to run alts all on the same pc unless of course we get a mystery surprise of steam account being used as a main account with the ability to log into multiple accounts from there like most mmo's have a character selector but hey one can dream right? right?

• Like 1

Eh running simultaneous alts on WU has been done for a while, takes me about 20 seconds + steam reload time to fire one up, and I hear there's a .bat file to do it one-shot version though I ain't looked into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Eh running simultaneous alts on WU has been done for a while, takes me about 20 seconds + steam reload time to fire one up, and I hear there's a .bat file to do it one-shot version though I ain't looked into it.

yeah, is really funny people crying for this and not for long timers

I can understand wanting to not allow RMT, I can understand concern over account sales.

But ###### me there's some stretches to hate running multiple accounts. Wurm is a game where you get out what you put in.

• Like 1

I agree about alt usage. People should stop censoring others' playstyle in a sandbox game if it does no harm to them.

• Like 1

Eliminate upkeep, then there's no need for silver.  Everyone pays for premium, end of story.