Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Beverage skill changes?

I came back recently and went back to my old brewing.

I made a batch of 10 barrels of ale, bitters, pale ale, etc. And 5 or 6 of undistilled booze. 

The undistilled all turned out fine.

The ales though 7 of the 10 are 25-35 quality.  

I have 80+ beverage skill, used ingredients 88-90 quality, 50 quality barrels etc.  Same as I always use.  I haven't gotten such low quality stuff in literally years.  Did something change? 

The only low quality item in the entire production was the wood scraps.  Don't even think you can easily produce high quality so really hope that isn't what is causing this.  Anyone else had issues?

I remember there was bug with low ql maple syrup because of ownership. When you poured sap directly from barell in cart for example to the cauldron in oven without going through your inventory, can take your skill into ql calculation...

Did you maybe do something like that? Not sure if that was fixed...

Hmm I pull it from my food bin into the cauldron. But i don't recall the wort being low quality. And I pull it from the cauldron into my barrel. I'll watch next batch and see. Rather annoying though as that is 7 barrels of materials wasted. Bleh. 

It sounds like, somehow, you weren't counting as the creator of the final product, so it couldn't use your actual skill. I'm honestly not sure what causes that; hopefully someone else has an idea.