When does next round for Jackal start?  Thinking of dropping a deed there but do not want to waste the time and silver if we are resetting soon.

Bromar on Jackal

It started 30th August and scheduled to last 6 months so we're about 1/3rd the way through.

No next round has been announced yet.

Ah so the end of February - that is great as I thought it started way earlier than that :)

Thanks Explora

Next round won't be coming immediately after this one ends, so you might want to play there now if you want to.

sounds as if Jackal would be scrapped. Bad.

If that is not the case, kindly provide a bit of transparency. I would understand that the preparations for the steam move are consuming a lot of resources, and that the experiences of this first (last?) Jackal round have to be evaluated before just starting a next round unchanged. In that case, a timeline would be helpful, also not just deactivating recent Jackal after the six month are elapsed and/or the last beacon and the stronghold being conquered. There could still be events there, in that case.

Don't get blinded by the steam project and abandon the existing community.

Edited by Ekcin

It won't be scrapped. After this round we'll take a little time to adjust it based on feedback and such then launch it again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

After this round we'll take a little time to adjust it based on feedback and such then launch it again. 

Speaking of launch, can we have a giant water slide at the start town of next jackal please?:0 .

Also if you will not make jackal be viable xp wise i think it would be best to shrink it's duration make it last like 6 weeks (i think thats about how long it took untill ppl started to quit in mass) or even 6 days.

And we can just get drunk zerg some trolls get their clubs and charge the stronghold.. it would not even take us 6 hours:)

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It won't be scrapped. After this round we'll take a little time to adjust it based on feedback and such then launch it again. 

That sounds good. As said, it would be nice to keep the existing instance alive until the new one starts. And maybe do the "Jackalgeddon" in a funny event.

Jackal Devs, might add some random treasure chests on Jackal, doesn't need to be high hand but maybe random tools or armors, supplies?

I would not say treasure chest should be needed. Though I think next what should happen is one have better rift locations. Two have ones that go of skill also. Then also make rifts accessible by tunneling or climbing.  Though need to fix stam issue with weta wile climbing other wise it makes for a long boring fight. Other wise the system works for jackel.  Though there still is room for improvement. 

Please next round make skills on Jackal not start a zero.  Let us start with current Freedom skills and transfer back and forth between Freedom and Jackal then don't need any transfer math and prevents complaints.  Make skill gains the same as Freedom.  Make items not transfer between Freedom and Jackal like they don't know so will have to start naked at the beginning.

The entire skill reset makes this frustrating and not appealing.  For me at least.  Be a great advanced challenging server in different atmosphear with different goals instead of the same old hunting on Freedom.

Let some rewards be you can buy logs with Jackal points from the trees and plants of Jackal to use on Freedom which would make some nice rare materials to build furniture with.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Please next round make skills on Jackal not start a zero.  Let us start with current Freedom skills and transfer back and forth between Freedom and Jackal then don't need any transfer math and prevents complaints.  Make skill gains the same as Freedom.

Or maybe a compromise like this:

• Players transfer into Jackal with a flat 1/3 of their Freedom skills.
  • Skills gained during previous iterations of Jackal are added to this base at 1/3 of their equivalent grind-time value.

Adjust numbers up or down for balance.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:48 PM, nicedreams said:

Please next round make skills on Jackal not start a zero

The entire skill reset makes this frustrating and not appealing.  For me at least.

I understand the frustration. You've invested hours of real life - and real money - only to be asked to throw it away. 

I also understand newer players feeling like they're so far behind the ten year veterans that it's hopeless. I see Jackal's "start at zero" as a solution to the latter. 

What I think I hear from those who like Jackal but dislike "start at zero" is that the content on Freedom is no longer challenging for their character. I see Jackal as intended to challenge the player. It asks: have you, the player, gained enough skill to survive without the advantages you were given when first starting Wurm, advantages that compensated for your lack of skill and knowledge of the mechanics of Wurm. 

Based on the number of posts expressing frustration with "start at zero", there's a clear demand for more challenging, engaging content on Freedom. I'd love to see the developers (and Wurm Unlimited modders) work towards that. 

But, in my opinion, Jackal is not that. 

In short, I hope Jackal keeps the "start at zero" format. I hope something else adds the challenge that veteran players want for their characters. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, nicedreams said:

Please next round make skills on Jackal not start a zero.  Let us start with current Freedom skills and transfer back and forth between Freedom and Jackal then don't need any transfer math and prevents complaints.  Make skill gains the same as Freedom.  Make items not transfer between Freedom and Jackal like they don't know so will have to start naked at the beginning.

The entire skill reset makes this frustrating and not appealing.  For me at least.  Be a great advanced challenging server in different atmosphear with different goals instead of the same old hunting on Freedom.

Let some rewards be you can buy logs with Jackal points from the trees and plants of Jackal to use on Freedom which would make some nice rare materials to build furniture with.

Me like the rare mats idea