Sign in to follow this  
As_I_Decay

The final nail in the coffin

I hope you get this fixed. I feel bad to see all your work run into a problem but  you can fix this problem.

Edited by lowborn

I don't know why you cant just get a battering ram and destroy said structure. Maybe you cant do it on this PvE server.

Exactly that is the case. You cannot destroy houses someone else has built on Freedom. And due to the building, he cannot redeed.

In my opinion, GM should blow up that structure. More exactly, first trying to reach the builder for a mediation. Maybe s/he was just careless, and not malevolent beyond the greed for the statue, and is willing to demolish it her/himself.

Edited by Ekcin

36 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Exactly that is the case. You cannot destroy houses someone else has built on Freedom. And due to the building, he cannot redeed.

In my opinion, GM should blow up that structure. More exactly, first trying to reach the builder for a mediation. Maybe s/he was just careless, and not malevolent beyond the greed for the statue, and is willing to demolish it her/himself.

Doubt that, as it was a smartass building a house to take the hota.. and didn't demolish the shed it to hide who did it.. house remained so nobody else can deed over anything there.. #myGuess

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The scum of the forums liked that filthy drivel once more. It seems that always the lowest cheer that motto.

And towards the thread starter: We probably never met, but please rethink your decision, you seem to have enough friends making it worth to continue. Personally I always detested deed looting yet saw a point in saving items which would have rot away otherwise. But this vulture mentality I always found repulsive. (btw. also Sklo's vulture mentality fishing for customers).

I agree with this wholeheartedly except the part about Sklo's mentality.  Not to derail this post, but his post specifically says "any WU server," and he's 100% correct.  And to be blunt, WO could benefit immensely by following his, and other WU server owners' examples on how to run servers and make for happy players.

As for your first sentence, I couldn't agree with you more.  Just had me shaking my head and thankful I don't have the misfortune to know those people in RL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The scum of the forums liked that filthy drivel once more. It seems that always the lowest cheer that motto.

Seems the scum of the fourms decided to quote me aswell

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 4:27 AM, As_I_Decay said:

Please, I implore you (the remaining community) to take one thing from my post: This game is dying and doing scumbag things like tossing up (and then leaving) a shed in the middle of a village that has just disbanded, just so you can acquire a 5s item, is going to leave you with nobody left to play with.

To all of those who I consider my friends, I will try to see you one, last time in-game. Some of you aren't very active so I don't know if I will get to visit everyone. For all of those that I've had good relations with, thank you for the 10+ years of fun gameplay and a great community. If any of you would like to keep in touch, feel free to add me on Steam. Send a private message if I won't recognize you by your Steam handle. 

I hear you.  The act does far more collateral damage than the worth.  It's not a discussion about the rules but more about with a game half out the door and the other leg broken is this what we want to be, it'll surely hasten the time we fold so much that you won't even have someone to sell it to.  Be like epic hota's..hey mate i found 3 you want one, no too much trouble to haul home..yah same nvm, and just leave them there.  this is where we are heading.

This weight's heavy for two reasons , mostly cause it's you it happened to.  Someone i've found to be a very upstanding dude over the years helping in short notice etc.  Secondly reminds me of a time of some odd 8day lapse or whatever on my own deed down the coast from you.  It was some years back that cost me 2+gold in loot raided where somethings so sentimental, could not replace by buying another look alike. best left at that.

I have a hota I can give you similar to the one i believe you had there.  I'd also welcome you to stay at any of my deeds for i trust you that much.  It can't fix in any way this situation, but it's my feeble attempt to cling to some pillars of wurm that are very worth keeping about.  Send me pm if any of what i can offer is something for you to consider.  I'm' otherwise very sorry and will miss you about. 

Till whatever, may the trails have offered exillerating smells and finds as you passed by perhaps in some deep thoughts or epiphany, and may vistas have arrested you in soulful replenish.  I'm envisioning the craggy granite outcrops and fissures with lichen wedged in, low dense scrub berry bushes, the perfume of the natures floor of leaves layered and suddenly feel a renew in life and humankind all the while typing this note.  Fond memories.  Hope to hear from you.

Edited by Retrograde
Removed formatting as it was impossible to read
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

And those were quite different times back then.

Back then even a non-democracy could still vote out the mayor, and permissions were a bit simpler but harder to manage players than now.

You invited someone to your deed and gave them the permission to invite others, and then lost the deed when he invited alts and voted you from the mayor role.

So at that time it was a mistake on the mayor's part in the case of permissions.

The 10s was likely for the cost of a new settlement form for a new deed.

But again, different times.

atlast someone remember that times :D  

yes few months later we got option in our settings to make your deed dictatorship :D   and its still that way

You should move to a PVP server, that way you can just TAKE your statue back...........

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Threap said:

You should move to a PVP server, that way you can just TAKE your statue back...........

That's one sure way to deal with same .... several times a day. "great advice"

• Like 1

I'm on Xanadu skilling longswords so I rode up and dropped by, I can't find any shack that would block deeding unless you don't own one of the major ones.

Either way, it's disappointing to see you go, but I do understand the frustration there. We are working on implementing an email alert system for deeds running low on upkeep but it doesnt help now I know. 

I wish you and your father well, and I hope you're both in well health.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I'm on Xanadu skilling longswords so I rode up and dropped by, I can't find any shack that would block deeding unless you don't own one of the major ones.

Either way, it's disappointing to see you go, but I do understand the frustration there. We are working on implementing an email alert system for deeds running low on upkeep but it doesnt help now I know. 

I wish you and your father well, and I hope you're both in well health.

I hadn't logged in since writing this OP on (my) Saturday morning. When I logged on this evening, the shed was removed. It could have been the creator. 

That email feature will come in very handy. Glad to hear something of the sort is being worked on.

Becket's doing well for the grumpy old man that he is. Thanks for the well wishes, you've always been a stand up guy, Arch.

• Like 8

I don't know you, but sorry to see you go, although I totally understand why you are - the situation sucks.  All the best, wherever your travels take you, and hope to see you in-game sometime if you decide to give it another go.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, Madnath said:

I wouldn't be against helping chip in if people wanted to pool together to get this man a new hota if that's what it'd take to keep you in the game.

As much as I understand the rules allow it, the deed dropped and such, it's still lame you lost something. I don't know you at all, but it'd be better for us all to keep people in the game so I'm happy to work with anyone who'd like to if you'd maybe consider staying.

I'm ill sorry if I cannot into English

Same...don't leave. The game is getting small enough as it is

Edited by Verotika

As_I_Decay, although I agree with your OP in many respects I have noticed that you have been off exploring new vistas in that other world that we escape to here from, which no doubt is where you have come across that last nail. There will always be people of self interest like this that will take advantage of any opportunities to enrich themselves at others expense. There really is no way to avoid them other than to be vigilant in your defense and elusive to these wolves pursuit.

Then again, I further read that this mystery house has just as magically disappeared without not so much as a drop of stardust left behind. Possibly someone with a conscience tied to a shred of decency has read your post and realized that the impact upon you of what they have done is not worth the price paid in removing a place quiet retreat from someone who has had your many years of enjoyment within our Wurm other world homelands.

At any rate, beyond all this you have a good long run of it here so I can appreciate a desire can grow to leave it all behind in the past yet taking those memories with you into the future. If this be so, feel no regret for what you leave behind as those who remain will remember you fondly for many diverse reasons, even if they only be for your challenging comments upon these forums. Follow your own visions in your younger years for all too soon they will be behind you where you can never return again.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

Edited 13 hours ago by Retrograde

Do not tamper with the master's (Bloodscythe) work!!!

=Ayes=

• Cat 1

Ayes i am so pissed to hear about this.. but pleaseo as one of the few people who has given me at least a bit of understanding and therefore support over the years let me know if there's anything i can do to make your transition to a new deed any easier i would be more than happy to return the support you've shown me, you are a great guy and one of a dying few left in the game and it would be a great loss to the game if you go through with leaving outright!! Please anything at all i mean it!!

/>$@L@M0N!!!

I'm seeing a wasted opportunity by the squatter.  Could have just left a sign reading : " Want land back, pay 2 Silver".  

NO.  It was not me.     Its just..  So hard to earn money in this game..  Desperate times, desperate measures...

On 10/27/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bloodscythe said:

Edited October 28 by Retrograde

mods y u do dis.. y u no let others use colors..
dressgrumpy.png

• Like 1
  • Cat 2

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

mods y u do dis.. y u no let others use colors..

because after a certain point it stops being fun and quirky and starts to look like a 8 year olds first word/powerpoint presentation with clipart and formatting

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Madnath said:

because after a certain point it stops being fun and quirky and starts to look like a 8 year olds first word/powerpoint presentation with clipart and formatting

uncle grinch, you dislike christmass too?

Edited by tamat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Madnath said:

I liked what it said, noticed that it was edited and colored later.. but that didn't matter for me... than again I can not edit posts.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/27/2019 at 3:39 PM, Bloodscythe said:

Edited by tamat

6 hours ago, tamat said:

uncle grinch, you dislike christmass too?

I'm glad the words "overkill" and "excess" don't exist in your vocabulary

1 minute ago, Madnath said:

I'm glad the words "overkill" and "excess" don't exist in your vocabulary

update your quote!

Come live with us on Epic; at least then you can beat these scumbags and make them pay for their crimes.