Sign in to follow this  
Jukken

Bugged NPC

I have an NPC that is bugged out.

I can find him using the wurm ID number, but if I teleport to the coords he's supposed to be at there is no one there.

Is he bugged below the surface? (If I try teleport below, it just says it's solid rock).

Any idea?

Any way to summon him using ID number? similar to loadItem?

Edited by Jukken

You can easily find any human in the database,  just open wurmcreatures.db in a sqlite client and enter:

select templatename,name,posx/4 as tilex,posy/4 as tiley,layer from `creatures` c inner join `position` p on c.wurmid=p.wurmid where templatename like '%human%';

If layer is 0, then it's on the surface, and if it's -1 it's in a cave.

Note that positions aren't always up-to-date in the db, to be entirely certain, restart the server to write all unsaved data.

also notice the posx/4 that is important, the coords data in db is 4 times what you would put in to teleport, so its possible you are teleporting to a spot where the NPC isn't.

I'm having the same issue with ALL my human npcs... I can get the NPC back using #reload <id>, but they disappear on the next restart. My merchants and uniques aren't affected.

The GMTOOL can't find them when they're away. The ISLOADED flag is 0.  Layer in the db is 0, x y and z coordinates are correct; they #reload at that location. I haven't seen any reference to a problem loading the npcs in the startup log.

What could cause this? I checked the wurm IDs, and the proper world ID is encoded.

In the end I replaced the "Human" with "NPC Human"...they seem less buggy.