Sign in to follow this  
kreanox

Coming back to Wurm Online in 2019

Hello,

I've been thinking about resubbing to WO since a few days now. Having last played during Xanadu Launch (time flies..), I was wondering if you had any tips/suggestions for a returning player from 2014. For instance, which server is the most active & suited

to start anew ? I still have my Corbita and a good set of armor - I can manage myself against wild mobs.

Looking forward to see you ingame !

2014 you are a veteran and welcomed by any server.

I cant give you a suggestion because I want you! We are not an active server so you would find it lonely here but think of the possibilities. Epic server- Elevation population 2

There are many more but only so many at one time. If you want the ALTAMA then try MR.

Please message me, if you are into slum life.

Edited by lowborn

When it comes to population, Indy and Xan are the two most populated servers. Out of those two, Xan still got the most unexplored land.

Then there's Jackal, a temporairy server which resets every 6 months and where you really start with nothing. To get there you'll need to find a lodestone and use that to teleport to Jackal.

More information on server status found here.

As for major changes,

We got a player event called Rifts and with the mats collected there you can create lodestones; which are needed to travel to Jackal.

So, Jackal is one of the changes as well

We also got a new cooking system

We got a new Highway system

We got wagoners now, making bulk deliveries on land easier if the receiving party is connected to the highway

And we got a new fishing system, which was meant to make fishing a less AFK grind and somewhat more active.

On top of that we got lots of minor changes in the rendering, we got woodcolours back, got new woodcolours which you can only get through archaeology, plus you need a journal for that.

Then  there are almanacs to write down your study of trees and bushes, so you know if / when to harvest those.

And finally, the personal goals are removed from the game, instead of that we got a journal, showing us multiple goals we can / must / should (depending at your take at it) achieve and while doing so, are rewarded when having all of them done.

So all in all, plenty of chances, but I'm sure you're getting used to them pretty fast, as the base game hasn't changed a bit.

Thorin :) 

• Like 2

If you have no "better" option sail to Release.

Xana/Indy have usually most of the population, rest is just as good as any other server pretty much.

Welcome back o7

• Like 1

Xanadu has the highest population but still has the occasional lag issue.

Indy is still a better choice, a lot of good people there.

A lot of high level players have come to Celebration as of late, which is nice as it's been a pretty fun atmosphere.

Otherwise Thorin has laid out some of the most important changes.

• Like 1

fishing changed into a crap minigame too, nobody fish anymore dont even bother with it

• Like 1

Fishing's fine, if you like spending a few hours to get a few fishes, it's easy when you're prepared for it.. but it takes a bit too much time and skill to prepare.. if you don't have much time, put it aside for later, it will be a big expansion to learn.

no one here is mentioning cele 😢 its such a nice place to live not to busy not to quiet nice people great views we only have 1 normal person on the server though most of us have something wrong with us so we all are a fun bunch oh and half the server is in 1 alliance 

Fishing would be great if there was a comparable reward for all the work involved.  Trophy fish should yield some great reward, like maybe silver?