Sign in to follow this  
tamat

resurrection on animals

let us use something like resurrection stone in non unique animals!
bring back that good horsed that died at rift, by bad click, when unloaded after crossing or just died because was old.

could be more use for electrum rune, item for silver sold on traders, or even cash shop item

• Like 2

I really like this idea. There have been many times I have seen people who are sad they lost a particular animal that they have had for a really long time. Ive accidentally killed 1-2 of the animals I would of loved to have kept alive, I know others have too. If it brought them back at the age they died, or if ven brought back at old, I think it would be great =D Alot of wurmians are sentimental and I feel they would love this!

• Like 1

RNG low chance to revive it with age rune...and stacking the effect on fail.. for better odds next try.. until eventually your luck or stacks make it work... from there.. animal should have either RNG age for it's maturity "venerable"/"old"/etc.. this remains with the body after death..as a pointer how old the creature was.. tricky part.. is keeping the traits stored .. for every killed/died horse.. for this to work... to recover the traits also....

--seems op to use this, so lets not?

Making revive give traits based on AH is a bit WEIRD and possibly.. OP.. example: grab a terrible ebony black/cow/etc rare color.. kill it.. and revive it.. to get new rng better traits.. with a good AH char...(still certainly better mechanic than how it works now with priests or the no option to fix terrible 'luck' with traits.. but lets fix that mechanic some other day... this shouldn't be a cure for that mess)

--edit.. 

certainly.. do not mess the current care-for mechanic.. to make use of such new feature... it will just turn normal horses into what unicorns and hellhorses are.. useless piles of annoyance that bugs you to deal with them being how they are..

Edited by Finnn

Id like to see it work like rebirth works. When you rebirth it puts the traits back that it had, not random. Rebirth uses favor and is temporary, but this would give more use to the trader item which uses silver. So youd have to be willing to use up more resources to make it semi permanent, till it dies again :P

o= I didnt even think about the dragon part xD my thinking was that it would only work on non aggressive mobs. Very good point.

16 minutes ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

just make sure it's not useable on pvp or dragons :P

nah, let make them useable on dragons and drake, and ban people for abuse ot it

This is such a great idea, but i agree only to be used on non aggression animals.

I'd keep it off priests, as it's already a spell for limited time.. so .. market or craftable rift resource/etc.. relatively rare items.. or just really high-ish..... fail rate to make one.... 

if it uses relatively cheap resources - high fail rate to make the item...

if it uses expensive/rare materials - no need to additionally boost the difficulty... (makes more sense to go buy a new horse instead of wasting 2-3kg moonmetal to make 'runes'/etc)

If we get this to be annoying and pointless to use... also really expensive.. just to get back a name and skin of a horse back.. that's kind of sad... to be a thing... at the end.. it's just a horse..

Given 5x speeds now worth about half a silver/euro.. in the game.. sometimes less.. combined value of the items needed should be around that.. or 2-3x above that... it makes it ~easier and cheaper to go to the other server and get the same rare color/skin/ horse with 5 speeds.. and just a new name.. maybe even cooler one..... decisions decisions...

Only downside... this could use some nerf.. so people can't just have 1 horse and revive it times infinity...  which does not sound bad at all... but I'd guess horse traders wouldn't like the feature.

On the other side... this certainly... is a game changer for "exploration freaks" who sometimes lose(rip) their horses one way or another..... could help them back to safety.. one way or another by clearing the area where they lost it.. and reviving it... instead of looking for a summon/location/calling help/etc etc etc.... lets people do stuff on their own rather than spend x2-3-5+ more time doing it with other people #OPTIONS... the more, the merrier