Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Tutorial and headbob

For the steam client atleast.. can you please update the tutorial to contain information about the headbob and how to toggle it on and off?

I would suggest starting with it turned off by default and provide the info on how to enable it in the newbie tutorial.

We don't want to be Seasickness Online:)

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 5

Drunk Online: Beyond simulation, VR-less experience!
New technology, capable of making you feel like your online character, without the need of any additional hardware, next level technology for 2020.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 3:30 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

I would suggest starting with it turned off by default and provide the info on how to enable it in the newbie tutorial.

+1 and +1

I'd even concede as much as starting with it off, making it a tutorial step to enable it and then just giving text that it can be toggled off without requiring it to advance the tutorial. 

It sounded really cool when I read about it, and I bet it was fun and easy to code, just tying the camera point to the skeleton/wire frame animation. The player experience (for me), however, was just frustrating. 

And while Steam-only is better than not-at-all, this really ought to be the norm for any and all clients. 

+1000000000 when the update was added and i saw it i yelled "WHAT THE *insert censored word here*" logged off and went into settings to figure out what was added to make that happen and turned it off and never looked back at it and the reactions that i gathered from a lot of people that day was pretty much the same and it would def be a deal breaker for quite a few people going forwards if that was a feature that was on by default when they entered and they saw the whole world constantly moving around in an unrealistic way like that

Best to just have it off by default in general not just for the steam version with a note in the tutorial for it being an option that can be turned on if you want to experience motion sickness and being unable to play the game for more then 5-10 minutes

• Like 1

sometimes I wonder.. what is the point of commenting here if things get deleted outside of any rules.. 

it's frustrating to be a member of such community