Sign in to follow this  
Fomar

[No Bug] Smelting pot will not smelt

I have tried my smelting pot on various items and cannot get a smelt (use) option,  One exception is the pendulum, I can get a use option on any pendulum I have tried

The smelting pot needs to be the active part and the metal items have no enchants and be glowing.

The object to be smolten has to be glowing hot, it may even rest in a lit forge. The smelting pot must be in your inventory, and must be activated. Right clicking the glowing hot object should then show the option Smelt.

Mind that the furnace, usually a forge, must not be at the end of the fuel consumption, or the glowing hot object not on the verge to cool down. It may be that the forge still shows "The fire burns steadily .." and the object glowing hot, but the temperature is not sufficient for smelting anymore and the option Smelt not shown. In that case refuel the furnace.

• Like 1

To put what Ekcin implied more precisely and is usually the source of confusion: There is a "hidden state"

that is hotter than "glowing" hot that needs to be reached in order to smelt something. So you have to wait a bit longer after an item turns "glowing hot" still.

3 hours ago, Cecci said:

metal items have no enchants

It is correct that enchants (and runes) will prevent smelting, but OPs problem is that the option does not appear which is entirely tied to the item being sufficiently hot. A hot enough item will always show the option but "resist smelting" when actively trying it if runes or enchants are present.

• Like 1

Adding to all of the above, keys and locks won't smelt in a smelter, no matter how hot they are.

Thorin :) 

No Items, at any temp, or length of glow will smelt for me except pendulums

Thanks for the advise guys. I was puzzled why I didn't get the smelt option. Turns out my tools to smelt were glowing hot, but my forge was at a bed of ashes. After refueling the forge and letting reheat the items for a minute, I could smelt them.