Sign in to follow this  
lowborn

Home Annoyance

Road works that last for weeks on end and congest all traffic in ciritcal areas. All the while debates about "being green" and doing more for the environment (with completely ludicrous measures) are dominating local politics. Maybe we'd have less emissions if a crapton of cars weren't stuck for a collective several hours per day because those bellends are all talk but can't manage to fund these maintenance projects properly.

Also, just this morning when I got stuck in said traffic (but only because the traffic flow is badly managed across the board), people were (and always are) just shortcutting over a big parking lot running parallel to the road you had to wait half an hour on to get through this crap, expecting to be let back on said road after "sneaking" past two to three dozen of cars at the other end of the parking lot. I'm almost more upset with the people letting them back in, rather than letting them bloody starve right there.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Flubb said:

Road works that last for weeks on end and congest all traffic in ciritcal areas. All the while debates about "being green" and doing more for the environment (with completely ludicrous measures) are dominating local politics. Maybe we'd have less emissions if a crapton of cars weren't stuck for a collective several hours per day because those bellends are all talk but can't manage to fund these maintenance projects properly.

lol.  Yes!!  Although I'd say if yours only lasts for weeks on end, you're extremely lucky.  Here, they go on for years on end. Funded, of course, by taxes that our lovely Cali politicians tell the hive-mind to vote for, and they obediently comply every election day.  And of course, the hive-mind is convinced (by the politicians) that if they vote for them and the measures they're told to vote for, that they can actually stop our big ol' planet from changing. lol. Such colossal arrogance is just mind boggling.  "Going Green" is just a political code-phrase for "give control of all power production to the government and take it out of the private sector."

There's one "project" near me that's been going on for over 8 years now.  It's practically a permanent fixture.  A supposed "improvement" to the freeway section next to a huge shopping center that private businesses managed to complete within 1 year (about 10 years ago), and yet our state funded small section of freeway is still not completed.  Just exactly what they're doing each day is a mystery though.  I see workers there every day, for all these years, paid by the state. And yet, there is no progress.  Very mysterious.   So typical here in Cali. These kinds of "projects" are going on all over the place with none of them, seemingly, ever getting finished.  I think they're just there for show, so the voters can "see their tax dollars at work."  lol

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1