Sign in to follow this  
lowborn

Home Annoyance

I live in Wichita Kansas. No one decides to live in Kansas USA. Its the state of the wizard of Oz.

What annoys me here is the alarms. We have these alarms for tornados that sound like bombing sirens. That's not so bad but they test them, every week. Not just in my neighborhood but in the neighborhoods around me. So 2 or three times a week they test them. 6 years I've not have a real alarm yet. These things are loud. They just interrupted my game. I was about to hide in the bathtub or under the table. They start low wooooo then they grow slowly louder weeeee. !#$%!@#$%

What annoys you where you live? Maybe my life is not so bad.

Edited by lowborn
tornado
  • Like 2

next time it will be real alarm but no one expect a thing, stupid reasons to test every week

• Like 3

Here its every month the first monday at 12pm when they test the alarms, but its never full alarm, only partial and it last the exact 7 seconds. Couldn't care less :P

• Like 1

yea but what annoys you in your town? Is it the leaders the stores? Do you have gangs is there a war or snow. What do you not like about your town?

low amount of activities overrall and city life/night life is quite dead.... lack of stores. Public transportations could be better... Those at least.

• Like 1

The drivers here in New York are just about the worst thing imaginable :D they are just so impatient and inconsiderate. That's probably the worst thing about where I live.

• Like 2

They thing that I hate about where I live, Arkansas, is how everyone calls you "love, sweetie, hun, darling ECT" I hate it. I just want to be like "i  am not your sweetie, sweetie" 

It is suppose to be a nice thing here, but even being born here I feel like it is a insult or something. It just annoys the hell out of me. 

• Like 1

I live in upstate NY where we average 130 - 150 inches of snow per year. I've gotten 3 feet of snow overnight and still was expected to be to work on time. 

• Like 2

self entitled upper middle class snobs that think the world revolves around them when it clearly should revolve around poor bums like me

• Like 4

Here in the outskirts of Berlin, there is a football stadium with a lot of faithful fans. You can tell they're good supporters, because they spray paint their club name everywhere to remind everyone they're the best.

Every other weekend or so, they play a game here. I don't follow their games, but I know when they play because there my entire neighborhood gets surrounded by hundreds of police officers, riot cars are parked everywhere, traffic grinds to a halt, drunk people start singing songs and all local public transport becomes useless because you can't fit in. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, lowborn said:

What annoys me here is the alarms... they test them every week.

For people to know it's a drill, they should always test the sirens like this:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lowborn said:

What annoys you where you live? Maybe my life is not so bad.

seagulls

• Like 1

Entitled snowflakes, smug & trendy brothers-keepers, and the hive mind.  Yes, I live in the People's Republic of California.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

seagulls

I am sure you have a real problem with them scratching your car or pooping on your statues but I cant help it......

Yes those dam seagulls. I'm just trying to sit on the beach. There is a purple red sunset. The campfire is crackling. Someone is playing the guitar his hippy girlfriend sitting very close to me.

I have a hotdog on a stick. My wife is giving me the eye. Everything is as it should be.

Then out of nowhere those seagulls, flying over the breaking waves. They start squawking. That horrible love making noise they make. That just ruins everything. I wanna give up and go drink or maybe try prison. Those dam Seagulls.

I would leave but this hippy chick is playing footsy with me and my wife is smiling. Maybe I will wait it out.

• Like 1

or maybe try prison lol

..one season per year, somewhere between spring and summer they're noisy as hell.
right outside my window
for months, while they're breeding and feeding their young.
it's quiet between 3 and 4 am but then they start up again for 23 hours.
i think they sleep in shifts so half of them are always screeching.

i nearly punched one once, it was after the overflow on a bin and was in mid-flight 2 feet above my head.
some of them aren't bad, they do have differing personalities, the young ones are cool (speckled), they pay attention and appreciate the cognitive energy of observers.
I nearly bought a sonic thing to prevent them nesting outside my window but i felt sorry for the pigeons that also occupy the roofs and gutters so never went through with it.
I don't have a car or any statues, there's a comical meme going around about a seagull threatening to crap on a guys head if the guy doesn't feed them.
Doesn't work on me, i stare into their souls.
it's kinda funny, i intimidate them without any body language.
the sods.

I did rescue a young'un once, that was stuck in a gutter on the top of a building i once lived in.
hours later after its mother came back, it thanked me by pecking on the window.
at first i thought it was a gull begging for food but when i opened the curtain it bowed and pecked the bowed again.
so i laid my palm on the window to let it know that i received.
it was nice.
but once they get to a certain age. gah.
This tale was brought to you by a resident of Scarborough.

Edited by Steveleeb

i wrote more then thought about it, it went on for too long

Edited by Steveleeb

That sounds ..............., it's like having Wogic IRL....

IDK why they'd keep testing something every week once or twice.... if in 6 years.. there was no reason for that amount of preparedness... makes no sense (reminds of wogic?).

You're outplaying us all with that in your life.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, Themystrix said:

Here its every month the first monday at 12pm when they test the alarms, but its never full alarm, only partial and it last the exact 7 seconds. Couldn't care less :P

It takes longer in The Netherlands.. every first Monday at 12pm they test the alarms for 1,5 minutes. They do two rounds right after each other.

So everybody knows everything is fine. I think its a good system. I always wonder what tourists think it is tho haha..

What I hate about where I live.. I cant think of anything that would be as annoying as the alarms in Kansas... 

It rains a lot but im kinda used to it haha..

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

It takes longer in The Netherlands.. every first Monday at 12pm they test the alarms for 1,5 minutes. They do two rounds right after each other.

So everybody knows everything is fine. I think its a good system. I always wonder what tourists think it is tho haha..

What I hate about where I live.. I cant think of anything that would be as annoying as the alarms in Kansas... 

It rains a lot but im kinda used to it haha..

The alarms in the NL would still freak me out. It was always like "oh crap what time is i- oh it's noon, we're not dying"

Better yet is that government emergency system that sends a loud message to your phone (NL Alert). The government can send regional emergency messages like during forest fires and such, but phones typically make a very loud sound when they get them. Sometimes they test the system and everyone freaks out about it. It was great being in class at uni and hearing all the phones go off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrQQQ said:

The alarms in the NL would still freak me out. It was always like "oh crap what time is i- oh it's noon, we're not dying"

Better yet is that government emergency system that sends a loud message to your phone (NL Alert). The government can send regional emergency messages like during forest fires and such, but phones typically make a very loud sound when they get them. Sometimes they test the system and everyone freaks out about it. It was great being in class at uni and hearing all the phones go off.

haha well when they test the alarms my first thought is oh it must be the first monday 12pm. Then i check. I never think something is wrong. But i do check.

same with the phone alarms. The loud sounds scare me but then i think *sigh* what now? Cause nothing ever really happens in NL :D

the first time i got a message like that was before they had them in NL. We were in NYC and it was raining really bad. So we got a flood warning. Scared the ###### out of us lol..

• Like 1

I can’t post what annoys me In my town without getting banned. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madrocks said:

I can’t post what annoys me In my town without getting banned. 😉

You can't get banned if you use nice words.. try switching all the bad words with code words... even if it's not understandable.. we'll have a bit of fun while reading it, I assure you.

• Like 2