Sign in to follow this  
Hurhurhur

Music Folder?

can we get a music folder we can add mp3 and such to it to get more music in game we want and maybe remove songs from game we do not want. not a question, just an idea... 😗 and set how often we want music to play

Edited by Hurhurhur
  • Like 1

I'd not hope so, can't think of another game with music player.

Use winamp +mp3/4/etc or good old youtube playlist/s.

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'd not hope so, can't think of another game with music player.

Use winamp +mp3/4/etc or good old youtube playlist/s.

audiosurf? 

Besides that most games with modding capability (paradox games for example) or some older games that had a music folder where you could throw in files after converting them to the specific format and the game would read them(age of empires 2 reads wav files for music)

There are quite a few older games and even newer games which do have the ability to play music that wasnt shipped with the game as part of the game and a small selection of them have a proper music player inside the game
Exposing the music folder from the sound.jar to a "if files are present in wurm//sound/009-Music-Specific then play these songs" or 010-Music-Incidental like some games do  would be nice even if you dont have control over what you play at that stage

It would be a nice to have but doubt it would happen any time soon if at all but who knows it might be a reason to hold off a pvp update in the future ;)

• Like 1

just let streaming webpage or something like vlc/foobar2000 on background!

I recall GTA 3 and San Andreas had a folder for a "custom radio station" where you could put your own mp3 files and have them play in game. Each time you got into a car you could set up your own private radio station and play your own stuff.

Wurm being client based, I don't see why it necessarily needs it since you can always open up a music player or YT link.

17 minutes ago, Idlamn said:

But the game OS is amazing....

I remember that I turn it off after few hours of first gameplay and never looked back.

Couse it got few strange tracks, that do not fit fantasy game at all.

I rather put some youtube tracks from Adrian von Ziegler or Brunuhville in the background. Or Morrowind/Skyrim/Gothic/Witcher series music...

To be fair the old 2013 OST for wurm was soooo much better for some weird reason.

I recall logging in and hearing this awesome blues-rock solo with some good riffs. Was it fantasy? Hell no.

Did it contribute a lot to making me want to login in the beginning? Yes!

The new soundtrack for me sounds way....off for some indefinable reason. I can't place my finger on it but just doesn't fit Wurm for some reason.

15 minutes ago, elentari said:

I recall logging in and hearing this awesome blues-rock solo with some good riffs. Was it fantasy? Hell no.

Did it contribute a lot to making me want to login in the beginning? Yes!

This specific track make me feel that it does not fit game at all.

If someone wants to, can listen to whatever he likes, but in my opinion game soundtrack should fit a theme/setting of the game.

Edited by Wilczan

Truth to be told, game like Wurm should be able to afford hiring someone to make some music for the game.

Eventually, there are music creators currently, like those I mentioned, and many others, that probably would be happy to sell their music.

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Truth to be told, game like Wurm should be able to afford hiring someone to make some music for the game.

I thought the music was made especially for WO. I have it on play store and there are 3 albums titled "Wurm online - Meditation and work chapter 1" and other similar. I also found those anthems on youtube:

1 minute ago, Idlamn said:

I thought the music was made especially for WO. I have it on play store and there are 3 albums titled "Wurm online - Meditation and work chapter 1" and other similar. I also found those anthems on youtube:

I meant that hiring now, to make new music, couse old one is not so good.

I'm talking about this one. I loved this intro login song. Really pumped me up to do regular chores in wurm.

For some reason the current OST just makes me want to turn it off and listen to other things. Dunno, maybe I just changed. Would be an interesting discussion about wurm and its soundtrack.

Some more of Gurubear's original  iconoclastic  Wurm music, from his youtube channel (aka Joss Sanglier as '21st Century Blues')

Sanglier was a Wurm Online player, and owned the famous megadeed 'Gurubear's Crater' on Indy, but also did music for  Fortress 2 (2000), Trinity Goes East (1998) and (according to his IMDB page) also did something music related for The New Adventures of Pinocchio (1999) and many other films. Maybe more, you can google for info on him on IMDB, Spotify and other sites. He started a couple of professional webpages  but never seemed to get past buying the domain names for "sanglier.co.uk" and 21stcenturyblues.co.uk.  Sanglier last visited the Wurm forums May 2016, unless he logs in anonymously.

Then later (2013ish? I think it was for the Wurm 1.0 release?) Rolf actually did hire someone, Tom E. Morrison, to create an "official professional soundtrack" of at least 53 full length tracks especially for Wurm, which  Faeldray  collected here (I tend to turn off ingame music and instead play this direct from youTube):

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

11 hours ago, elentari said:

I'm talking about this one. I loved this intro login song. Really pumped me up to do regular chores in wurm.

For some reason the current OST just makes me want to turn it off and listen to other things. Dunno, maybe I just changed. Would be an interesting discussion about wurm and its soundtrack.

What a nice person you are!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:53 PM, elentari said:

Wurm being client based, I don't see why it necessarily needs it since you can always open up a music player or YT link.

+1