Sign in to follow this  
tyrfang

The Hota-Wargames (Live)

hello guys so...i am not good with words or making a fancy tread (yes the only sentence that stayed the same as befor ) and such but after some trying and testing bringing up the server now ready to be played maybe even

just to try out the idea i had about a other playstart and progression. So to explain it in a short time half of the map is made via a focus zone (2 Pve faction island+1 middle PVP zone with hota and rift altar)Flat-with a dense forest.
Those Island are at high slope and are connected via bridge ( no climbing) but there is also an area with water acess for boats and fishing and also a lot of small scattert islands where
there can spawn uniques (but also in the middle).When you start kinda you can choose between Mol Rehand and the Hordes of summoned then you to use a portal to get to your starter town.
There are allready several NPC like Buyers/seller (which buy for example crop/meat/shaft/nails ect) for a low price but endless (higher ql pays more), i planned on adding more as
it goes on (is not hard to do).Money is kinda a big deal there cause with money you can do a lot more than just spending it on sleep powder and so ( there is no normal Salesman!) only buyers...
For example in starting town are 2 crafter which can improve your tools/carpentry tools up to a maximum of 40 ( they start at 20ql and can learn once they do jobs) / (player crafters can
imp stuff up to 70,but they cost money also),so best is to try to lure some monsters to the guards, get some bounty ,butcher them, selling the meat, and burning the corpse for extra
money, then use it well...if you like mining craft a pickaxe and let it be improved for some copper coins 😃 but there are more ways to spend money...SKILLBOOKS! ( i love this mod)
so as you noticed the skillgain is 0.2 but action 8 means you can still work fast but the gain will be much much lower once you past the 40 skill from there or befor you can spend your
earned currency on skillbooks which help you increase the skill fast but there not cheap and you will require more the higher you get this kinda makes an alternative to just smashing thousand
of arrowheads for example because you could just make an orchand...sell the fruits buy the weaponsmithing tomes...or breed pigs....kill them (bounty is much higher on breed creatures and there is
also faster breeding with a spell to reduce it) and for those who kinda love pvp but are afraid of losing there gear..well no worry if you die in pve or pvp your gear will only get a heavy
amount of dmg depending on ql (30ql tools takes 35-40dmg)  they will only break if you die twice or 3 times in a row without repairing, and player kills yield a great bounty.Well
at the moment there is also a costom made dungeon but it requires you to gear up a bit ( there still a fancy zone with a cool pre mission quest to gain entrance to the dungeon and a mission
spawn/kill quest..if you got the goodies for it ( everyone needs food). Well that would explain it in short but there is sure more stuff i let out on purpose...or because i simple forgot ( bear with me )
anyway i would be glad if i would get some replies what you think of that progression and playstart and maybe even play a bit and see for yourself 😃

(Wish i could make also those fancy advertising)

server: The hota wargames (live)

(beta start was 23.10 (to see how things are)

pve/pvp
2 factions mol rehan/Hots
40.000 Creatures (70% aggro)
Characteristics starts at 31,other skills 5,fighting 20
Skillgain 0.2 (from 0-50 skillgain is 2x-3x after 40 its scaling to 0.2)
Hota Zone/Rift Altar/scatterd water island

Modlist:

armoury
AshProduce
betterdig
betterfarm
Bookshelfs
bountymod
BountyOnBurn
bulkmod
buyermerchant
crafter
cropmod
DisableFogSpiders
Dungeon
DUSKombat
eventmod
FireBurnTime
fishmonger
fishytweaks
halloween
hitchlimits
hitchingpost
increase-merchantitems
meditatemod
ModifyGestationPeriod
modtreefarm
MoreCreaturesMod
movemod
nobuildlimit
riftevent
SimpleConcrete
Spellcraft
StableMaster
startergear
taxidermy
TreasureHunting
waxedFood
WyvernMods

Changed a lot in the configs and redited most features to fit in the plan

Edited by tyrfang

cool a few mods in list are mine. 

let me know how the riftevent mod goes 😃

yea 😃 i like your mods , riftevent i did test some time and increase the power requirment and adjustet the mobs a bit but it works perfect =D

Edited by tyrfang

Update : mods added

Unleashed

Hitchingpost

Sleepintent

SacrificeMod

Morecraftables( no aritifacts/summer hats)

AddkingdomeItems

Milkreset ( 2h /milk command)

Minipets ( noncombat)

Change all White light spells ( no black ones) (black gain some spells like dirt,humidrizzle)

Thanks for testing the project i made will restart it will some mayor changes since i got several good feedback

Edited by tyrfang