Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Issue with priest journal goal Benediction

After months of working on all of the tasks to complete the priest journal goal "Benediction", all I had remaining was to create a gold altar, which I thought would have been the easiest.  However, it has caused 
me alot of grief.  My priest avatar, Balatyn, has always been a priest and had no skill in jewelry smithing.  When I attempted to craft the gold altar using 80+ ql gold and a rare 91 ql large anvil, the option was red
with a 0% chance.  So, I decided to imp bowls for a little skill and took faith hits and eventually depriested.  The journal goals for priests, "Dedication", "Approbation", and "Benediction" did not disappear from 
the Journal when I depriested.  They stayed visible.  When I crafted the gold altar, now as a follower, the task did not turn green.  It stayed white, indicating that it was not yet completed.  So, I figured that the task could only be 
completed as a priest and decided to try again after I prayed back up to 30 Faith and priested.   While praying and waiting for Faith to increase from 20 back to 30 over the course of some days but before priesting, I teleported over to Jackal
to play over there.  As soon as I ported over, the task completed and I earned the title "Divine".  I was already a priest on Jackal, but did not craft any gold altars there.  Since then, I have repriested on Freedom and 
have logged on and off a couple of times, ported over to Jackal and back, and I still do not have the Divine title on Freedom.  I've done some research regarding similar issues and have seen in Oblivionreaver's reply to one
of them that while the sleep bonus and items stay on the cluster of completion, the abilities, which in this case is +5 spell power, is enabled on all clusters.  While I can see that is the case for increased Faith prayers for the 
"Approbation" goal because I've experienced it as a follower on all clusters, I'm concerned since I don't have the "Divine" title on Freedom, that I don't have the +5 spell power ability either.

Can staff confirm when Jackal completed goal titles will be transferred to Freedom and if the abilities transfer, as well?

Elentari asked back on June 3rd, which is over 4 and 1/2 months ago for staff to confirm if bonuses transfer and there has been no confirmation.  Oblivionreaver said it does and he knows alot about the game, but
can an official staff member confirm it as well?

In this thread, Retro said that titles will transfer "at some point", and that was over a month ago and they still do not transfer.  Is this still the plan and the Steam work has put everything else, including this, on the 
backburner?  I can see that titles transfer between Epic and Freedom, but not Jackal and Freedom.  I hope Retro did not just mean between Epic and Freedom and title transfer has been completed.

Here are some oddities I've noticed that would be either bugs or just bad game design:

1. The three priest goals should have disappeared as soon as I depriested, but they did not.  I could close and reopen the Journal countless times and the three priest goals remained in the list.  
For all other tasks and goals, the Journal window is dynamic and updates in real-time whenever progress is made.  This leads me, as a player, to rely on the 
accuracy of the current progress of the journal window.   The player should not be made to log out and back in to see the real status of the Journal when it dynamically updates for seemingly everything else.  

2. There should, by default, be some small chance to craft a gold altar with 1 skill.  Or, the task should be to create a stone altar, which with 1 masonry skill has a 35% chance with material qualities less than 60.  
The bowl has a 38% chance with 1 skill and 70 ql metal and rare 91ql large anvil.  So, in summary, it is possible to craft a stone altar with no skill.

3. The reward description is not clear.  It could be communicated more clearly with parenthesis around what is applicable and where.  for example Reward: (Talented title and Increased Max Sleep Bonus on all clusters) (6 hour
 sleep bonus on cluster of completion).

4. Goals completed on Jackal do not transfer the title to Freedom.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1

Deleted as requested

Edited by Blaike

Priest goals require being a priest to turn green, but you will still get the achievement as a regular player. 

I believe relogging would have them not show. As it is updated on login. 

Upon going to jackal where you were a priest the goal was triggered. This is intended and how it works. 

While titles will transfer I am not yet sure of benefits and will find out. 

@Galatyni realize this is a bit late for you, but you can craft eyelets for fishing poles to work JS as a priest, its a bit slower but with 30 or so JS you can pretty easily craft a altar.

• Like 1

^ True.. also coc anvil can speed that up a bit.., 30's not that hard to reach, saying that as a locksmithing scrub.. leveling it with creation only like that.

Thanks for the tips.  Though, I didn't care about taking the faith hits as I was going to change deities after goal completion anyways.  What should have happened is that once I lost priesthood, the journal should have dynamically changed and the priest-related goals should have disappeared.  Having a visible goal in the journal makes a player think it can be completed with reward received, but as my specific case proves, this is not always true.  I still don't have the Divine title on Freedom.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

Thanks for the tips.  Though, I didn't care about taking the faith hits as I was going to change deities after goal completion anyways.  What should have happened is that once I lost priesthood, the journal should have dynamically changed and the priest-related goals should have disappeared.  Having a visible goal in the journal makes a player think it can be completed with reward received, but as my specific case proves, this is not always true.  I still don't have the Divine title on Freedom.

IF possible, same QoL SHOULD happen when a player is logged in(unpremmed) and pems up at token or webshop(currently at least webshop requires 1-2 logout/ins to reflect premium status(possibly it's the logout for /lotime.. but it's a bit of inconvenience..))

• Like 1

I just checked these days that the 6h max SB bonus does apply both on Freedom and Epic. Of course I'll assume that all bonuses do (not items, not the temporary SB refill).

I agree that the inconsistency of priest journal updating in real time for many things, but not updating in real time when it ended, is an UX issue, I hope it'll be taken into consideration. But at least, if bonuses apply now across any clusters, as it looks like, such surprises shouldn't be too nasty.