Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Astaria

Was wondering if anyone was thinking of playing Asteria early access. No PvP, but what intrigues me is the idea of PvD: player vs. developer. It sounds like an MMO designed around unleashing Enki. :)

From the site:

Astaria is a hardcore fantasy MMORPG with emphasis on social communities, crafting, party combat, territory capture and player vs. developer (PvD). The game's hardcore aspects focus on difficulty, more weight behind combat, item loss (on death or breaking), logistics (food, bandages, ammo, reagents, durability) and the inability to grow too powerful. The story is developed based on how players unfold major events or defeat cataclysmic bosses.

• Like 1

Sort of sounds like how the Matrix Online used to do things. Live events every week with devs roleplaying the bad guys (or good guys depending on your faction, Merovingian/Machines/Zion, and the event that week, lol), and an ongoing, developing storyline continuing the Matrix story after the last movie based on the outcome of the events.  Took a concerted effort to beat them and quite often everyone just ended up road-kill.  lol.  Damn I miss that game. 

Sounds interesting but I'm not sure I'd care so much for the item loss & breaking.  Especially when going up against devs.  :)  I might take a peek at it though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amadee said:

...and an ongoing, developing storyline continuing the Matrix story after the last movie based on the outcome of the events.

Damn I miss that game. 

Get hyped for the new movie, though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

Get hyped for the new movie, though!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it but a little skeptical.  For one it's supposedly going to be a prequel focusing on Morpheus' early days, and yet they're saying Keanu Reeves and Carrie-ann will be playing Neo and Trinity. ??? Can't get my head around how they're going to pull that off, or maybe all the scuttlebutt is just off base and nobody really knows what they're talking about yet.  lol.

So I looked at Astaria.  Seems a bit intense for my tastes but I'll definitely be watching that one to see how it progresses.   :)  I do like the idea of live events and evolving stories and the vid looks very good.  I think maybe if they tone down the harshness a bit it might be more appealing, but that's just me.  A lot of people are really into that. 

NOT impressed.. I get that it's early access and all.. but looks weird... and it's so unpolished... also there's nothing to see on their site.. just text.. not spending time reading about yet another mmo that can't even keep track of their site presenting the game.

No price on steam about this.. but I expect 30-60/+ packages... usual stuff.. than mid tier to no content to do, other than random few bosses to gather up for.. and craft something unique from drops.. typical but .. flat mmo game, in this case.. alpha graphics with that.. no impressed.

1 hour ago, Amadee said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it but a little skeptical.  For one it's supposedly going to be a prequel focusing on Morpheus' early days, and yet they're saying Keanu Reeves and Carrie-ann will be playing Neo and Trinity. ??? Can't get my head around how they're going to pull that off, or maybe all the scuttlebutt is just off base and nobody really knows what they're talking about yet.  lol.

Well. if the rumors are true that its prequel, they may end up doing something like they did with that recent Will Smith movie where they mapped a CGI "young face" to an old actor's body.

• Like 1