Sign in to follow this  
Hurhurhur

Full Screen Allowed ON Login Screen?

I Have a request for developers, its really small but it will help me much. Can you make it so the login screen can be launched in full screen mode? I can explain why I must have this if you want.  Thanks devs for great game!

Isn't it better to explain first.. to have a better chance of not skipping this 'request'?

ok, i use a program that will basically kill other processes that try to use my cpu/ram and gives games full reign over my ram and cpu but in order for it to work at its best it tries to launch the launcher in full-screen mode but launcher will not launch in full-screen. this program really does help me get better fps on my slow labtop...

hope it's not something like cpu clock etc............

I'd start with handling performance on your end.. if this app can help you get some more fps.. you can probably do it on your own without the app.

Alternatively.... FE/fallen earth/ for example had a launcher that SU CK S... really........... (every time you start it.. it checks the game files.. which takes maybe 30sec on ssd or up to 2 minutes on older pcs, alternatively.... same launcher just does that nonsense every single time it starts up.... wasting time when somebody just wants to login and play.. work around? As all it does it take login user/password and to create a session authenticating you.. all that was actually sent at the start of the game... using MS process explorer.. you could see the starting parameters.. and just create a shortcut to start the game instantly; WHENEVER there was an update and you can not just login like that(version check fails).. just start the launcher normally.. and patch the game.. with the fun 2/+ minutes wasted checking your data contents. Above case.. maybe wasn't exactly a perfect way to handle it.. but saved so many hours.. when you play something for a while and every disconnect, etc restarts the game(they have terrible west coast servers that su ck even for US players).

TL;DR: is it possible to send auth parameters and fullscreen/borderless etc... with a shortcut, skipping launcher completely, using the 'current' or however it's called [user + password] and [profile-preset]? @staff

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Finnn said:

Alternatively.... FE/fallen earth/ for example had a launcher that SU CK S... really...........

TL;DR: is it possible to send auth parameters and fullscreen/borderless etc... with a shortcut, skipping launcher completely, using the 'current' or however it's called [user + password] and [profile-preset]? @s

heh, you were in irc when i first found this game were you not? or else you are creeping me out friend

Edited by Hurhurhur

I guess I'm 'creeping you out', I probably wasn't in irc when you were, been in irc only a few times.. and one of the few times modded person abused rights.. the other.. well chat everywhere seemed terribly dead, I can't consider it sort of communication... there are far better options(voip alternatives or any chat with log)... especially for gaming.. who bothers to type when it's not necessary nowdays.

Not to speak bad about it.. but my experience of that feature/server/network was bad to begin with.

You've probably seen finndar(almost sure that's how he writes)? I'm not him. He's a CA and might have helped you, I do the same as normal person when I feel like it(you can't help everybody)

As for FE.. I really liked the game.. crafting, gathering, events, LAG WAS A FEATURE.. to work around with vpn and manual-'leatrix' changes to solve the latency issues.. but overall good times to remember.

• Like 1