Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/OCT/19

PatchNotes.png
  • Bugfix: Rift resources will now decay slower.
    • Resources for Jackal beacons and Rift Scouts will have their damage removed.
    • If resources are missing the beacon will respawn them.
  • Bugfix: To avoid confusion the Rift and Jackal points purchase option will no longer be available on Jackal.

Note: The Jackal skill transfer is still disabled until further tweaks and testing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Note: The Jackal skill transfer is still disabled until further tweaks and testing.

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

How about the punishment for anybody who abused it?

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

45 minutes ago, Agatino said:

Schadenfreude, anyone?

3 hours ago, Agatino said:

We have the names of every person who transferred while skill transfer was active, as well as the amount of times they did. 

That list is in the hands of the GM team, but there are several factors involved. This wasn't a widespread abuse, with a small handful of players crossing less than five times and only two crossing more, with seven being the most. This is also muddied by the misinformation that multiple crossings were needed for the skills to all transfer. 

Many of those who have crossed multiple times have already reached out to us to work out how to fix it, and we added several tools this update to facilitate doing so. 

At this point we do not feel anyone took massive advantage of the system, more just the result of players thinking they had to cross multiple times. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agatino said:

nope, but they know who and how much skill they got, but doing nothing and people still crying for transfer rate...

Transfer rate delays are because we're increasing the amount that transfers as well as ironing out bugs. 

Once again though, I do need to reiterate it does not rely on your jackal skill, sleep bonus and coc on jackal do not affect the amount that transfers, it is based on doing actions on jackal vs doing actions on freedom. If skills are the main focus for you freedom will always be faster due to affinities, sleep bonus, coc and optimal skilling. 

It'll be going out in the monthly update with the QoL changes coming in it too. 

We're also looking at jackal points based on skills so crafters dont get the shaft(ers) but no timeframe on this

Edited by Retrograde
Swapped bits around to make more sense
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Once again though, I do need to reiterate it does not rely on your jackal skill, sleep bonus and coc on jackal do not affect the amount that transfers, it is based on doing actions on jackal vs doing actions on freedom. If skills are the main focus for you freedom will always be faster due to affinities, sleep bonus, coc and optimal skilling. 

I agree with that especially since i am playing my libila priest as a crafter on jackal in order to gain body and mine stats since the skills will not be able to use. So freedom should be the best potential for xp gain out there hands down even tho if i recall corectly up untill the priest update patch people could play priest on Chaos and sail and play same toon as crafter on Freedom and get to use the coc tools and the lot, get to keep all their gear, tools and animals, buildings boats etc. while getting to keep 100% of the skills they earned, then sail back on  Chaos and boom you are a priest with 60 mind logic and body str. Go pvp now.

Nowadays that is not possible and ppl have to accept the fact that you cannot have 100% skill retention anymore but at the same time don't give ridiculous rate of transfer either.. i grind weaponsmithing every day on jackal put all my sb on it and got to 55 when skill transfer was put in. I went to get the transfer and got 14 weaponsmithing on freedom.

So a 2 months daily grind on sb on jackal is equivalent to a 2h grind on Freedom? And is not like i am grinding ws out of boredom, you can't kill rift ogres and champ jackals with 30ql weap unless you have a zerg of ppl which is not the case.

So i will ask a honest question to anybody reading this and please try to answer it if you like:

If you were to play for 6 months on freedom grinding afk-ing. sailing... whatever in 6 months can do plenty.. then i come and tell you that you will lose everything you made (items buildings mounts etc) and get to keep 10% of the xp and buy 3 different handles for your weapons, how would you feel?

Sure noone is holding a gun to your head you knew the items will be lost but you thought the skill retention rate would feel somewhat fair.

Because it was announced that server will be wiped and there will be some skill transfering but not exactly how much.

If i knew then that i can get 14ws on freedom for grinding it to 55 on Jackal not only would i have not came back to the game but i would have insta restarted my computer in order to wipe the virtual poop that just got laid on it.

Meanwhile there are people that chose not to play on the server you struggled on... grinded afk-ed saliled etc for 6months with full enchanted gear and get to keep 100% of what they earned skill and items wise then can actually sell some of those for some coin and spend 1-2s to buy the skins that you grinded 6 months to get and will have them too.

Hey but the good news is that you can start over from 0 and do it again:)

Some of you might think that ok look if you think is so unfair just play freedom. Ok i will but also, why have jackal there anymore? Is  it not suposed to have people want to play it? Because if is not then why is it there?

Again, not asking for 1:1 but to start from nothing and to  grind for months to get the equivalent of hours or days tops on freedom is way way waaay too ridiculous of a transfer rate of skill.

Also Jackal could be the best server to go play on even tho the xp will not be optimal if you add Jackal only stuff to it like:

Let us keep the xp that does transfer on Freedom for next Jackal? No? too much... k next proposal:

Let us keep all the body stats we earn for the next Jackal (use the prem to non prem code, i belive if your toon goes unpremm all skills go to 20 but the body stats remain?) No..... too much? k next proposal:

Make it a clown fiesta.. everybody is a champ can imp and cast spells too.. this way you don't have to have a priest alt or main a priest and pray that your weaponsmith does not quit.

This way you get less xp than on freedom but you are highly autonomus and don't have to play 2  characters like on freedom.

I mean would it not make sense for your deity to think highly of you when you get off your ass and go to a hostile place where the enemies that invade your home planet come from, and where you have to fight your way out of a gutter and be willing to bestow the champ status on you while you are there?

Because the way  the system is set up now it looks to me like all the rewards stay with the draft dodgers:) the ppl that just dont care and will throw 2 silvers for the skin they like can keep all the xp they get all the items and animals they get while your ragged ass goes to war and comes back  with no items and 10% of the xp.

No? too much? ok.. see you on freedom:)

P.S. you should be awarded a jackal skin just for having the patience to read my entire post.. and if you skipped thru and did not read, then my advice is for you to restart your computer:0 if you had read the entire post you would have known why:)

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Nowadays that is not possible and ppl have to accept the fact that you cannot have 100% skill retention anymore but at the same time don't give ridiculous rate of transfer either.. i grind weaponsmithing every day on jackal put all my sb on it and got to 55 when skill transfer was put in. I went to get the transfer and got 14 weaponsmithing on freedom.

There are data missing. If your start skill in WS was 1 on Freedom, and is 14 (or 15) after skill transfer, I would agree that it is too few, given the hardship to train up WS. If it was, say between 10 and 20, and you get a +14 up, I could not confirm that it is not much.

It took me 1y9m ca to get from 1WS to 55, granted I did not skill it up every day, not always with SB etc., but was also using COC stuff after a time. So "2h on Freedom" seem to be an exaggeration to me, even for 1 to 14 .

Anyway, it is good when some data are given. It seems to me that the harder skills should be given some bonus on transfer, as some skills are easy to get up within days, others, WS among them, are a pain.

As to full reset every 6 months, it has been announced that way, and I still consider it fair. There should be amendments at next Jackal round (if any, hope it won't be scrapped over the steam adventure), but not that.

Edited by Ekcin

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It took me 1y9m ca to get from 1WS to 55, granted I did not skill it up every day, not always with SB etc., but was also using COC stuff after a time. So "2h on Freedom" seem to be an exaggeration to me, even for 1 to 14 .

You can get to 70 ws on freedom in 1 week: make 2 polearm racks fill each of them with 85 wooden long spears then coc the log too and grind to +5 of the skill then burn them to -10 skill and re-imp. No need to have forge lit lump heated and such. No need to refill your coc water or combine your coc lump, just have  2-3 logs coc they will last you whole day.

If you do it right you dont even have to burn by the time you +5 of your skill imp the 2nd rack the 1st one will be 5-10ql under your skill and just rotate. That is 70ws skill with sb in 1 week. If you dont have sb all the time expect a month or so.

With medium luck you will end-up with 1 supreme and 2-3 rare long spears too that can sell to recover some of the funds you dumped into sleep powders.

Sure cant get 14ws in 2h? how about 4? 6hours? is that not doable? even if it took 6 days to get 14ws it would still be a rotten deal to convert 55ws into 14 don't you think? because if 14ws takes 6 days how many days does 55 take?

Edited by Cipacadrinho

I am aware about all that "skill 90 in a week" (or whatever) bragging. Not only that I would not have known about all that as a beginner (and preferred and enjoyed to learn gradually about over time), I would never have wanted to buy tons of SP or lots of CoC tools (best rare/supreme) to squeeze the latest bit of skill grind out of my time. If that pleases somebody, go ahead and have fun. But all that misses the point.

As Jackal beginners do not have that access to advanced skill grind tricks, a fair comparison is to grind without on Freedom. And yes, I agree that 14 skill gain (if it is 1-14 not e.g. 20-34 or so) is bit few for hard to gain skill such as WS, pottery, and a few more. It might be appropriate or at least not plain injust for carp or masonry though. 

Certainly that aspect deserves adjustment by the devs. But there were warnings from the beginning that no 1:1 skill transfer should be expected. Maybe the reward system is to be extended too, in future Jackal development, so is the lived experience of frontline combat, the beacon conquest, and several other things making Jackal attractive.

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

If skills are the main focus for you freedom will always be faster due to affinities, sleep bonus, coc and optimal skilling.

Thanks for letting us know!

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We're also looking at jackal points based on skills so crafters dont get the shaft(ers) but no timeframe on this

This would definitely be a good balance to the potential skillgain loss; I hope this goes through.

Sign in to follow this