Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Jackal points during skill transfer exploit (no reset)

So during the time when skill transfer was active people must have been able to gain additional Jackal points everytime they went back and forth between freedom and jackal.

Some people with hardly any rift beacon kills are setting with hundreds of points from going back and forth.  (and yes i realize kills, hearts , etc give points ) but they were shocked to learn they had so many points so wondering if the skill transfer was multiplying peoples jackal points.

Why was there no Reset?

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 2

So far from what i heard is that the staff is looking into it and pouring over logs to figure out who got what and what was abused and what wasnt and give proper punishment for those who abused it, So as it stands we the wurmians wait patiently with no official word on it at all as to what is going on or anything like that even though a post going "Due to a recent new feature there was a bug that was exploited by a small group of players and thus we took the feature back offline and are now preparing a proper punishment for those who abused it, We have no set time for when we will make our final statement on this but it is coming soon™ so hold on till then"

Something like that would have been the perfect response to give after what happened but instead we just got told to not talk about it at all or even mention it happened i just hope that we get some official statement some day soon instead of just hearing it from random gm's here and there ingame or discord

Edited by wipeout
Fix weird white background

21 hours ago, wipeout said:

So far from what i heard is that the staff is looking into it and pouring over logs to figure out who got what and what was abused and what wasnt and give proper punishment for those who abused it, So as it stands we the wurmians wait patiently with no official word on it at all as to what is going on or anything like that even though a post going "Due to a recent new feature there was a bug that was exploited by a small group of players and thus we took the feature back offline and are now preparing a proper punishment for those who abused it, We have no set time for when we will make our final statement on this but it is coming soon™ so hold on till then"

Something like that would have been the perfect response to give after what happened but instead we just got told to not talk about it at all or even mention it happened i just hope that we get some official statement some day soon instead of just hearing it from random gm's here and there ingame or discord

I wasn't here for that but we do have all the logs, I commented on it below:

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We have the names of every person who transferred while skill transfer was active, as well as the amount of times they did. 

That list is in the hands of the GM team, but there are several factors involved. This wasn't a widespread abuse, with a small handful of players crossing less than five times and only two crossing more, with seven being the most. This is also muddied by the misinformation that multiple crossings were needed for the skills to all transfer. 

Many of those who have crossed multiple times have already reached out to us to work out how to fix it, and we added several tools this update to facilitate doing so. 

At this point we do not feel anyone took massive advantage of the system, more just the result of players thinking they had to cross multiple times. 

• Like 1