Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Firemaking skill

It would be awesome if the firemaking skill gave you a better estimate of how long something is fueled for.  Or better yet some sort of fuel box we can add to forges, stills, ovens, etc and can dump my wood scrap into.  Just a QOL thing I've pretty much wanted my entire time playing Wurm, limited though it may be. 

• Like 6

+1

even though .. it's currently useless to grind the skill above ~20+, you "never" fail and there's not much to do with it

As long this requires 30-50 and gives reasonable reward for such grind... sure.. +1

• Like 1

For what it's worth, if you add wooden things to a (lit) forge, they will fuel it when they're consumed (destroyed from fire damage).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

For what it's worth, if you add wooden things to a (lit) forge, they will fuel it when they're consumed (destroyed from fire damage).

+1 to allowing all wood items to be use as fuel. I'm looking at you pile of looms and carts.

4 hours ago, Pandalet said:

..but it lacks any indication about the remaining time, I for that reason keep throwing stuff in the forge every 30-40minutes.. 1-3 tar.. just to be on the safe side for another hour-2~

It's cool that wiki or code dumps have figured the ql/time/fuel amount and so on.. but inside the game itself there's no visual indication also receiving a message that the fire will "burn for a long time" could switch to next lower setting on the next second after checking it.. making 40min down to 20 or whatever the tiers and timers are...

Current way to check how much fuel's left is a bit unreliable and requires examining once in a while to track it or .. just wait for items to turn to orange.. than quickly refuel and they usually instantly turn red in a good forge.

I honestly adore this idea, would be neat to throw in the QoL changes for Steam.

+1

It may feel "unwurmy" to the doctriners but a certain firemaking skill showing "fuel bars" over forges would be nice. The event tab is a monstrous thing that'd be good to move away from to make the UI better generally. The bar could show different granularities at different levels, like 25% intervals at level 15-20, which is very rough, getting smoother as your skill increases.

• Like 1

'hp bar' or the way that it shows bsb volume... could work with either to figure when to fuel, examining is a guesswork;

showing 'hp bar' for the fuel might be annoying also.... might be best to have a special key to make it visible for forge/oven/still/kiln/campfire in range, etc.. ? / alternative use the 'open' tab, and the space where it shows the total and remaining volume, same space could probably be used on a forge for the fuel details?