Sign in to follow this  
Dracaa

Lunalong 2019

Welcome To the 2nd Lunalong

iN93HgC.jpg

Greetings friends, I would like to cordially invite you all to the second Luna-a-long.  Hosted by Dracaa (myself) on my deed named Kappa, on the Xanadu server, at coordinate Q-15.  This is my second time hosting an impalong. I've been working on this since last year. With work in real life only slowing me down. I'm proud to say though, my impalong is almost ready.  It will be this November 8th to the 17th. I hope to have the maze finished and ready to explore, there will be a few small events, and all the imping madness you've come to expect from events like this.  

timer_E1573192817.svg

So why name kappa? 

Spoiler

The name Kappa has a history though I don't know all of it in this game.  It means a few things to me however, Kappa is a creature in another game i played before Wurm called "Harvest Moon".  In that game you give Kappa a cucumber it comes out and thanks you. Some say Kappa is a demon and I have had a few people tell me its a Greek liter but to me, it's my Wurm home I bought from another player who later became a great friend. I have become good friends with all my neighbors. 

Why a Lunar Festival?

Spoiler

In real life, I love the moon ever since I was a little girl. In Wurm there are few moons each one special in its own right. In Harvest Moon, there are seasonal festivals every month and one of my favorites was the lunar festival. So instead of linking it with Halloween,  or Christmas, and since it happens in November, in the USA we have Thanksgiving, but all those holidays get a lot of stuff for them anyway. My dear friend Leander and i were brainstorming one night and he said something about the moon or create something individual and this is what we got. I love it too. And hope you all love it too.

But what is a Luna-a-long?   

Spoiler

The simple answer is its an Impalong. "but I'm new to Wurm, what is an imp-a-long?" you say, well my friend Shrimpiie defines it perfectly.

he explains it as "A community event that's hosted on someone's deed, where crafters and priests from across Wurm join together to improve/enchant others gear for free. In addition to the imping/enchanting, there are various other things such as games and events, prize giveaways, contests, and sometimes even GM's drop in to spawn a few mobs on unsuspecting Impalong-goers."

Rules 

Spoiler

Item Placement:

• Rename your items with your name before placing them into improvement/casting coffins, shelves or forges!
  • Please be sure to place your item in the right named coffin, shelves or forge.
  • Pick up your finished item as soon as possible to make space for new items.
  • If space is running short, Impalong staff will move finished items to "Overflow" shelves. If placed there you will need to contact Impalong staff in order to get your items.

Improvements/Enchanting:

• Items will be improved to 70ql at the discretion of the of the imper. If you want higher you can pm the imper and ask as long there isn't a backlog of items to be imped.
  • Only items that are 70ql+ will be enchanted on, or if named to be a skiller items.
  • Place your items into the coffin labeled with the enchantment you want. You have to move them to the next coffin if you want another enchantment on them.
  • Getting your items enchanted is at your own risk! Items can break in the process of being enchanted.

Other:

• Do NOT being a dozen items of the same type to get improved/enchanted.
  • You can bring a quiver of arrows or 4 horseshoes to be improved/enchanted.
  • Do NOT sell items that you've gotten improved/enchanted here. If we hear you have done that you won't be welcome the next year impalong.
  • Please turn off your personal light-sources like lanterns or torches! It helps with the lag for everyone else.
  • If you have any issues contact Dracaa in-game or on the forums.

The Entrance

Spoiler

the entrance to the canal is at Q-14 on the coast on Xanadu, Kappa is on the southern shore of the inland lake.

igXLr9a.jpg

This be is the way form the south by land West

DkzjdpJ.jpg

East

3InFiQ6.jpg

This be form the sea

6Q7oN3g.jpgpTgHw7z.jpgqog3o7R.jpgVOO585Q.jpg

This be form the north

pEiesej.jpgFoqveAq.jpg

This be form the north west

MNCn6pz.jpg

This is from the north east

iN93HgC.jpg

The Deed  

Kappa is a lovely lakeside deed very well equipped to handle many participants there are merchants, hotel rooms, a cathedral for sermons, direct sea access via a canal.  the impalong building is a three-story building with plenty of equipment and containers full of mats ready to help your imping.

Spoiler

the deed token house

Spoiler

gN7uYeX.jpgCpHj01n.jpgi9x8Yrt.jpg

the surface inn

Spoiler

suVM9dK.jpg

Sailor's Rest Undercity

qvk4Gej.jpg

4CnWP3B.jpg

the rental stalls

Spoiler

sZF6496.jpg

Pegasus Stables Undercity

nF53DRJ.jpg

the pits

Spoiler

GnxBQDD.jpgMl4aNuc.jpg

the chapel

Spoiler

RMeXtnn.jpg

Athena's Prize

Spoiler

B1NrCyx.jpg

95jnd5E.jpg

The Imping Facilities 

A quaint three-story building filled to bursting with forges, kilns, alters, coffins, shelves and other storage units for priest and participants alike.

Spoiler

J9rlz2g.jpg

first floor

Spoiler

Anxqfxl.jpgq5znRnT.jpgr7GCQTj.jpg

second floor

Spoiler

DyA8eSg.jpg8TVe13u.jpgm7Fc7tQ.jpgH5Mq3iS.jpgGXY47Sr.jpgH1wf6HG.jpg

third floor

Spoiler

5CiZWd2.jpgO5cKxEV.jpgakq9zaQ.jpg

Materials on hand

Spoiler

1096 Bronze lumps                      4092 Gold lumps                                       4k Silver lumps                                  1020 Electrum Lumps

1014 Brass lumps                        4040 Steel lumps                                       12.5k Iron lumps 

1.2k Copper Lumps                      898 Lead lumps                                          763 Zinc lumps

1.5k Tin Lumps                             500 Logs                                                       300 Marble shards 

1.1k Rock shards                          2324k Cotton                                               1.1k Clay 

5k Woodscraps                             429 Leather                                                  3k Peat 2599

1k Yarn Wool 1992                       1436 Square pieces of cotton                   240 Square pieces of wool

Many small amounts of dyes      3k Strings of cloth, cotton 1k 80ql           65k chopped Veggies

Materials still needed

Spoiler

donations are welcome

Events

Spoiler

8th Grand opening The forges be lite

9th Cow Racing - postponed

10th Fishing contest - postponed

11th Maze easy mode

12th Sheep Racing, Cow Racing, Fishing Contest

13th Fashion show With Bloody Drongo at 7pm GMT10+ Postponed

14th Maze hard mode

15th Fashion show With Bloody Drongo at 7pm GMT10+

16th Swimming contest

17th Fire works for the finale

Staff

Spoiler

PM one of them when they are online in local to assist with returning your items, supply you with material, refuel forges, or assign you room at the inn.

Dracaa – Mayor and Host

Shrimpiie - Assistant

Leander – Assistant

Tulemees - Assistant

Brattygirlsback - Cook

Impers

Spoiler

The Helpers

Thorinoakshield,  CAS 76 Carp 88 BS 80 and to a lower level FC 56 Shipbuiling 58 WS 50

Frodobaggins,  LW (84) and cloth tailoring (60)

Mylulv (Vynora; 100 faith)

Worldtender (Fo; 86 faith)

(Olufus) can do BS, carp and fine carp and 2 priests(Ornulf, vyn and Olivianna, nahjo) 

Neville PAS (current skill 94.07) BS is 97.53

Ekcin carpentry (92), BS (84), FC (70), stone cutting (71), JS (70), pottery (72). I may help with WS (56) and ship building (64)

GoldDust to do Vyn casts

VirusMD BS, PAS, WS, LW, SC, Carp, FC (all 90-99), Vyn and Fo Spells (91-97 channeling)

Seriphina Carp (88), FC (72), And Masonry (88) cloth tailoring (53) and pottery (65)

Token

Spoiler

gN7uYeX.jpgCpHj01n.jpgi9x8Yrt.jpg

Special Thanks for all those who helped so far.

Brattygirlsback

Gerpriest

Ekcin

Shrimpiie

Pics of the fun 

Spoiler

And the fights begin

Spoiler

1Chrs2P.jpg

u6560Sy.jpg

ZbqmF26.jpg

9fRCwD0.jpg

lLnxdC4.jpg

RWGbxsi.jpg

6L5hDlo.jpg

GFG8JS9.jpg

V6CgeWk.jpg

AurnC2X.jpg

nHAww0Y.jpg

K5AAGXZ.jpg

quumY8s.jpg

AP1q4nQ.jpg

fE7HeTw.jpg

OQzoBbD.jpg

O36k5cR.jpg

svg46qu.jpg

Aion doing his walk on the cat walk

giphy.gif

You now you doing something good when 2 GMs come

Spoiler

euE7Xj4.jpg

6WKGksR.jpg

Even Shrimpiie got a new look with the rest of us

Spoiler

You say tomato i say Tamat

w3aQiis.jpg

i heard of no bull but bison?

kTLXtld.jpg

um this isnt the dock man you have to go

qdsQHqs.jpg

Even the gods came to see whats going on

zNTqigj.jpg

GnhgJUp.jpg

BUbEEYK.jpg

zYRhAu2.jpg

Even me

aKXb39B.jpg

We have a parking space for you

360GSab.jpg

Jiminy?

auNLsCv.jpg

Better then rare we go real

ABiBeHn.jpg

No bull just cows

46PRdnF.jpg

What a fine pillar of the community

yPXKrnz.jpg

No bashy no bashy

3pYhlfE.jpg

No we not working like dogs

k7dOWxx.jpg

Tell me drill this in your head

bLU32On.png

No monkeying around

GhbpaeG.jpg

Hmmm crab legs sound good got any to spare Shrimpiie

O6YzDfo.jpg

Notable creatures and GMs

Spoiler

4OXbSQa.jpg

9Z0S1IA.jpg

Hvijldc.jpg

A0sc5vL.jpg

HD9muX0.jpg

Hard mode of the gated maze

ws4Ow5q.jpg

Fashion Show time

RTEnSsQ.jpg

Another round barmaid i mean bartender

jc9PVdd.jpg

The Revenge Chicken run of the 300

Spoiler

They started so cute 

QhCf48Y.jpg

But when they was killed young they had a 2nd chance

eQdNSlN.jpg

CtUKOzo.jpg

OIduABO.jpg

Fireworks thanks to Kindrashae

giphy.gif

Thank you all for coming and hope to see you next year for the 2020 Lunalong

Edited by Dracaa
updating
  • Like 12
  • Cat 2

if someone knows how to do the timer plz let me know i cant figure it out to save my soul.

Just now, Dracaa said:

if someone knows how to do the timer plz let me know i cant figure it out to save my soul.

i do. :)

how do you do it. i spent over 40 mins trying to figure it out

1 minute ago, Dracaa said:

how do you do it. i spent over 40 mins trying to figure it out

i sent a discord pm 😘

I may show up here, depending at my working hours .
Most likely will there longer at the first weekend.

If I do so, I'll bring in the main (same name as here) who's able to do CAS (76), Carpentry (88) and Black smithing (80) and to a lower level Fine Carp (56), Shipbuilding(58) and WS (50).
I'll also bring in my alt, Frodobaggins, who's able to do LW (84) and cloth tailoring (60)

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
added skillstats

My plan this year:

• 1. First off. It's very simple. I'm not here to complain or cause drama. I'm here to imp and get skill. In the end, getting my skills up IS the reward.
  • 2. That said, I showed up to the lunalong last year and I was working on BS items. I ended up getting my BS to 97 skill thanks to last year's lunalong and impalong.
  • 3. This year, I'm shifting my focus to PAS as my skill is currently 94. I would like to get that skill up to where my BS is before I switch to Jewelry Smithing or Shield Smithing next. This means I do not plan on doing BS imps this year.
  • 4. As my health continues to degrade and I'm fast approaching a 3rd liver transplant surgery, I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to attend this year's lunalong if by bad luck I end up in the hospital ER again. Otherwise, I will be there!
  • 5. Any tips are greatly appreciated for my imping services but definitely not required. If things work out and I'm able to attend on the last day, I will do like I did last year and focus on getting people's rares up to 91QL.
  • 6. I'll be bringing my two priests, Mylulv (Vynora; 100 faith) and Worldtender (Fo; 86 faith). Mylulv will just stand around as an extra body for larger sermon ticks and Worldtender will be in attendance until he reaches 100 faith.
  • 7. If I have time to use my priests to perform some casts, I shall do so but if I'm too busy smithing like I was last year, it's too much multitasking for my taste and I'll probably just help when we're running behind on casting.

P.S. I do prefer using a dedicated forge for myself that people can just fill up. That's just how I do things and it's how I did things last year. I focus on everything in one forge and usually I'm busy enough with items going in and coming out that I don't even need to look at the other forges. On rare occasion, I may have to in order to keep working but last year that seldom happened. I worked out of the same forge almost the entire event.

• Like 2

Sure - i will come. 

Bringing my main (Olufus) and 2 priests(Ornulf, vyn and Olivianna, nahjo) 

Channeling too low to do enchants. 

Main can do BS, carp and fine carp

Edited by Oluffus

so i hope to see lots this year im super excited and cant wait lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dracaa said:

Do you have a list of impers yet? Put me down for PAS (current skill 94.07). My BS is 97.53 so I won't be focusing on that. I may do some low-level JS/Shieldsmithing grinding as I'm 24-25 in those skills if I get tired of doing PAS.

List me pls for carpentry (92), BS (84), FC (70), stone cutting (71), JS (70), pottery (72). I may help with WS (56) and ship building (64).

I'll my best to spend some time in attendance with GoldDust to do Vyn casts.

sounds fun, i will try to come, if an Alliance member fix a party i will try to be there 😃

• Like 1

If I reach my goal early with PAS I will shift to low-level (0-50QL) Shieldsmithing/Jewelry Smithing imps. I may also do some Vyn and Fo casts on my priests as time permits.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:35 AM, Dracaa said:

I'll prem my crafter and come help if you gief 1 honey jar :)

I've never been to an impalong as I hate traveling too far from my deed.  That said I always love hearing about them. If you or someone going wants to swing by my deed I'll give ya a bunch of barrels of booze to share around. Just let me know!

• Like 1

Lol Thanks Cecci.

I did a look through my main wine barrel racks and looks like I have 15 barrels of moonshine, 4 barrels of vodka, 9 barrels of whiskey I can spare with out dropping too low.  Should all be atleast 90 ql and just a rough guess 20 or 30 barrels of various ales 60 to 70 ql.  Might have more but my last batches something went wrong and came out way too low of quality.  Ain't letting anyone drink that swill. 

51 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

Lol Thanks Cecci.

I did a look through my main wine barrel racks and looks like I have 15 barrels of moonshine, 4 barrels of vodka, 9 barrels of whiskey I can spare with out dropping too low.  Should all be atleast 90 ql and just a rough guess 20 or 30 barrels of various ales 60 to 70 ql.  Might have more but my last batches something went wrong and came out way too low of quality.  Ain't letting anyone drink that swill. 

Is an impalong not Oktoberfest what are we gonna do with all that booze?:)

L.E. Also nowadays you can attend without having to travel as priests can summon soul you on location then all you need is a neighbour or own priest to summon soul you back when the impalong is over.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

16 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Is an impalong not Oktoberfest what are we gonna do with all that booze?:)

L.E. Also nowadays you can attend without having to travel as priests can summon soul you on location then all you need is a neighbour or own priest to summon soul you back when the impalong is over.

lol that is actually the question I always ask myself when I run down my rows of wine racks.  Maybe we can find out how much booze is needed to kill someone in wurm!

More serious though, from what I understand one of the very few uses for booze is that it raises the difficulty of imping and thus can improve the skill gains at high skill levels.  Since many people come to impalongs to raise their skill while helping others it might be useful for them.  Plus I have no idea what the turn out for these kind of events are >.< Can't have have anyone being left out. 

11 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

More serious though, from what I understand one of the very few uses for booze is that it raises the difficulty of imping and thus can improve the skill gains at high skill levels.  

That works only for raising the difficulty of cooking and/or creation spam not for imping.

20 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

That works only for raising the difficulty of cooking and/or creation spam not for imping.

Ahh then all my booze is even more worthless. If they don't want it they don't have to pick it up though so no harm in offering it. 

Eleraan if you want I can summon you or give you a lift.

Thanks for the offer Cecci! I really do prefer to stay home like a hermit. Lol just thought people might enjoy some booze at the event. >.> totally not trying to find ways to get rid of it.  Nope that would be crazy.