Sign in to follow this  
Dranana1

Wand for Rock Tiles

I would like to see a wand like the "Shaping Wand" that instead of taking dirt away, will actually raise rock that is ONLY under water where concrete can not be used. I think for some people this wand would be very helpful since concrete can't go that far under water and can only be use to raise rock that is underwater. I will not say there is not a way to use this for griefing but lets face it, if someone want to grief others they will use anything to do it. We could even make it say between 5-10 silver with 99 charges or it could be given as a Christmas gift.

I think this would be a great idea or maybe even make it so concrete can be used on slopes -40 in water since they can go to +40 on land. That might be another option.

Bump +5

we already have sculpting wands for these, they were giving out to players during christmas 10-11 years ago.

But the sculpting wand doesn't add rock to something it just takes dirt away. The wand I am thinking of would add rock to rock corners so you could get rock out of water without the concrete restrictions.

If you can't give us the concrete in water, can you please give us this wand, then you make money and we can do things that make us happy. Even if it is only on Freedom that would be ok, we just want something to help raise rock out of water. Heck you can even just make it a Christmas gift if that is the only way to do it.

They likely don't want people to be able to raise rock out of water for a reason.

• Like 1

Maybe but even if the wand only raised rock to a -25 that would be good since then we could use concrete at the slope to do what else we want to do with it.

Waiting for more replies as to whether this is a good idea or not. I think this would give other an option to make the deed they way they want it instead of having to find a suitable spot that doesn't have building and such on them. If I could have raised the stone on my own deed on Exodus I would have stayed and not went looking for a new place on a different server.

This is accomplished through a wand of the seas. Otherwise I feel there are plenty of rocky or mountainous areas to settle on each map that this item is not needed.  If you're absolutely desperate and don't mind some effort and a lot of RNG, there's the level 7 path of power erupt which has a small chance to spread to nearby tiles (dirt tiles) creating/changing the rock layer.

I still think it would be a good idea since there are other people besides me who seem to be having the same problem since concrete can't go past -25. A lot of people can't do some of the projects on their deeds because of the concrete restriction, either make concrete go to -40 or give out wands that work to bring the rock up to -25 so concrete can be used. Heck if the wand only worked to bring rock up to the -25 mark so people could then use concrete that would be a good compromise as well. Also the level 7 path of power ability would destroy any resources that were in the rock if used so for some that would defeat the purpose of trying to raise the rock.