Sign in to follow this  
hemrzz

Steam Servers: Creating an Active Market idea.

THIS is an Idea for the Soon to be new steam servers.

@Samool

Throwing an idea out there to help with creating a active/growing market on the new servers.

At the moment if you want a weapon/item/armour and make a shiny new rare/supreme/fantastic  you go and get it imped or do it yourself cause you skill your char to do this.

if you created some sort of mechanic that allowed you to imp a weapon/item/armour  and when finished imping you can "Seal" the item. Once "Sealed"  you can now use this item but you cannot Imp it anymore only Repair/Mend it. so over time you will require another item.

Keeping the Rarity bonus's in mind they take less damage if rare/sup or fantastic.

i know its nice having a full rare tool set for life but if this mechanic is introduced it will allow for an active market people needing new items instead of at the end everyone has everything rare and imped to 90+

• Like 8

If I read this correct, it would give us the 'choice' to seal it?  If so, it won't create a market for rares etc because why would anyone ever seal it?  I'd rather imp my rare chain set or supreme longsword then seal and have to replace it later.

Am I misunderstanding this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

If I read this correct, it would give us the 'choice' to seal it?  If so, it won't create a market for rares etc because why would anyone ever seal it?  I'd rather imp my rare chain set or supreme longsword then seal and have to replace it later.

Am I misunderstanding this?

You cannot use the item if you do not seal it.. sooo eventually the item will need to be replaced and as its QL will decrease over time.

12 minutes ago, hemrzz said:

You cannot use the item if you do not seal it.. sooo eventually the item will need to be replaced and as its QL will decrease over time.

Gotchya, the way it read was "you can seal", I read 'can' as an option.  Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

I dont think its a bad idea, but i just think the Darkfall approach is much better. No repairs, ever.

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

shatter tools on death too

yes this is another great idea. a random number of items that are in your inventory/equipped gets destroyed on death

2 hours ago, hemrzz said:

A bad idea in an attempt to enable crafters to make more money from other players at their expense. Those who play the game with this focus (making $$$$) and then propose ideas to enhance their capability to do so are the problem here.

The "market" should not be designed to benefit their focus upon playing certain aspects of the game for profit as other players who have the choice removed from them to be independent of their control will shortly tire of it and either do without or just make their own items more frequently.

Always remember that when you attempt to design the game to the advantage of your money making ability that there are others who will have to pay the price and they being the majority of players will not be happy about it. The new WO Steam servers should not be set upon this path of *playing-for-profit* corruption but rather designed to lessen it from the way the WO currently contributes to it.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

I'm more for the shatter on death idea.  Non-rares could have a base chance, and rares+ have an increasing % chance to shatter based on rarity.  This could also allow for a money sink item like a res stone, but it has 50% chance to negate any shattering on death.

I don't see this making sense in any way at all. It completely ruins the appeal of getting anything done in the first place, and you won't want to roam around for fear of dying. Furthermore you'd be punishing new players more than existing ones because they're more likely to die. The game is difficult enough for people to get into, also frustrating enough for people because it's tough to play, and I personally wouldn't want to lose my most cherished items because I ran into a bunch of enemies and died. So to me, a big no on the OP's as well as the death suggestion. It doesn't add anything to the game, it just makes highly skilled and most likely rich people more rich.

• Like 3

I could see this on PVP servers, if that's people's thing. I have no idea how PVP in Wurm works, and no desire to know. I don't, and will never PVP. I like the building and the terraforming, and combat in Wurm sucks. That being said...

Tools or equipment shattering on death on a PVE server is a surefire way to lead to ragequits.

The more experienced players seem to just want an added level of difficulty. But newsflash, the Steam servers aren't primarily geared towards us. It's geared towards new players.

Additional punishments above and beyond what are already in Wurm for newbie players will just push them away.

Nothing like finally crafting your own set of 30ql tools and then... losing them because you got ganked by a wolf away from a tower in the wilderness. Yea, that's only going to lead to one thing. Further loss of players.

8 hours ago, hemrzz said:

THIS is an Idea for the Soon to be new steam servers.

@Samool

Throwing an idea out there to help with creating a active/growing market on the new servers.

At the moment if you want a weapon/item/armour and make a shiny new rare/supreme/fantastic  you go and get it imped or do it yourself cause you skill your char to do this.

if you created some sort of mechanic that allowed you to imp a weapon/item/armour  and when finished imping you can "Seal" the item. Once "Sealed"  you can now use this item but you cannot Imp it anymore only Repair/Mend it. so over time you will require another item.

Keeping the Rarity bonus's in mind they take less damage if rare/sup or fantastic.

i know its nice having a full rare tool set for life but if this mechanic is introduced it will allow for an active market people needing new items instead of at the end everyone has everything rare and imped to 90+

shoulder pads are unique sh.. like the mechanic you suggest, I do not imagine to ever use one if it's low ql, takes damage or can not be improved

* masks..... are relatively the same, bug from chaos spawns allows masks to take damage, no effect, just decorative, mostly no damage comes to them.. unless the bug strikes..

rarity do not boost durability enough to be a factor to scrap rarity system for this idea.

Making rarity items to take damage to 100, turn or not.. to rare/sup/fan 'crystal' to turn another item of same type later into same rarity.. is ######, if normally the items are improved/repaired and used that way.. it just creates a ###### or another new meta to *** more rares and break them to sell 'crystals' to turn other people's items and have their name on the items.

rarity system is, or WAS going to be ok.. if there was no meta or rarity fa*****

general flaw of the system is... once ql drops enough, that rare or w/e items is useless compared to normal higher ql item...

🤔🤣 "fun detected" as gamers nowdays say...

This would only change things for a very specific subset of crafters (Tool/Weapon Makers).

This would improve their market, in that it would cause more sales; but goods would be massively devalued unless of insane quality because they could never be imped higher.

So, in reality, it would just make the market much more "top heavy" than it already is.

It does not fix the problem it sets out to resolve as no-one would EVER buy 50QL items when 90QL ones are on offer.

• Like 2

I agree with rambly sunglasses here. Hamfisting more incentives for cooperative play - which should be the true abstract goal here - via the market will just alienate those that aren't inclined to participate in trading, and this one only looks good on paper for those capable of crafting said tools.  Those who would have to employ a crafter in this system would have to do so now, too. if the recent Jackal landrush is anything to go by, Steam servers will have an active market by virtue of everyone starting at 1 and having to specialize on something. The problem may emerge later when the steam servers character pool is similarly "venerable", so to say.

But with what, runes, enchantments, and imbues to be added to tools aswell...this makes replacing your high end tools a real damn hassle and isn't remotey "consumer friendly". And this may sound silly, but to some tools you can grow kind of nostalgically attached...

I've created exactly ONE rare usable tool in all my years of playing Wurm. A mallet. I love that darn mallet. It's about 50ql atm. It's also on my character, so I've managed to keep it despite multiple deed lootings. If all of a sudden I log in tomorrow and my mallet is 'sealed' and unable to be imped forevermore, I'd be 50 shades of highly POd. Just leave rares alone, they're one of the few things in the game that are pretty balanced, and only give a very slight advantage over a regular tool. Not everyone has all rare'd up, highly magic'd tools.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ayes said:

A bad idea in an attempt to enable crafters to make more money from other players at their expense. Those who play the game with this focus (making $$$$) and then propose ideas to enhance their capability to do so are the problem here.

The "market" should not be designed to benefit their focus upon playing certain aspects of the game for profit as other players who have the choice removed from them to be independent of their control will shortly tire of it and either do without or just make their own items more frequently.

Always remember that when you attempt to design the game to the advantage of your money making ability that there are others who will have to pay the price and they being the majority of players will not be happy about it. The new WO Steam servers should not be set upon this path of *playing-for-profit* corruption but rather designed to lessen it from the way the WO currently contributes to it.

=Ayes=

quotes for truth!

as far as this OP suggestion, -1 bad idea.