Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Email a week before upkeep runs out

+1

But I would like the email to be sent a little sooner like just before decay starts.....What is that 30 days before disband of something?

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 12:02 AM, Retrograde said:

goes through the login server.

Deed upkeep is very closely related to last login date.  I think if a player has not logged in for 20 days an email would be helpful, that way if they had 30 days upkeep when they logged out then they would still have time to save their deed.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

REpK0gd.jpg

We have tinkered a bit for deeds to send out emails via the login server. Luckily instead of needing to configure each server to send emails we've adjusted it so the server can tell the login server to send it. 

This is currently in our testing phase but if it works we could see it come soon. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

REpK0gd.jpg

We have tinkered a bit for deeds to send out emails via the login server.

Thank you! Much needed. ❤️

• Like 3

On 10/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, Retrograde said:

You can set your village twitter up that will give you notices of low upkeep, and you can tie multiple villages to one feed. 

@Retrograde are you sure? I've set up my village Twitter, subscribed to it, and pretty sure I've let my upkeep fall below one month at some point afterwards. I remember expecting to get the tweet, and being disappointed. I wouldn't swear to it in court, and I'm chuffed (to borrow a phrase) that email is in testing. I'm just asking, when's the last time someone tested that code? 

Edit: I should add that I do not have all chat going to Twitter, and I do get alliance joins/disbands, so some data is going to Twitter. 

Edited by Kohle
Added details
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

REpK0gd.jpg

We have tinkered a bit for deeds to send out emails via the login server. Luckily instead of needing to configure each server to send emails we've adjusted it so the server can tell the login server to send it. 

This is currently in our testing phase but if it works we could see it come soon. 

I'm unsure how to react, will wait for the news and details around this.
Progress have been made non the less.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kohle said:

@Retrograde are you sure? I've set up my village Twitter, subscribed to it, and pretty sure I've let my upkeep fall below one month at some point afterwards. I remember expecting to get the tweet, and being disappointed. I wouldn't swear to it in court, and I'm chuffed (to borrow a phrase) that email is in testing. I'm just asking, when's the last time someone tested that code? 

Edit: I should add that I do not have all chat going to Twitter, and I do get alliance joins/disbands, so some data is going to Twitter. 

In pvp kingdoms they have discord bots setup that read twitter and i have seen the messages saying "less then a month of upkeep" and so on so it does work just not always from what i saw as we have had deeds get as close as a few days if not less a few times

• Like 1