Sign in to follow this  
lowborn

The Evil Blacklight

So today is the day. I finished my work yesterday and built some armor and a weapon. Its early morning the sun is not yet above the mountains. There is a fog on the ground and I feel confident. Today I become a warrior.

I am not the best weapons or armor crafter so my gear is low quality. I crafted some iron plate and a medium maul. Still I feel like a knight ready to charge. I would have left already but I am still admiring myself. I look so good in this armor. I swing my maul and say " Take that and that". Yes I am ready. I have some fighting skill. I have killed a few horses and cows.

I leave the cave and forge slowly. The armor and cotton is a bit heavy but not to bad. Outside I realize that it is later than I thought it would be. The sun is already up and its getting hot. My armor itches and doesn't seem to fit just perfectly. Its one thing to look in the mirror, its another thing to walk for ages in the iron. Finally I am on the beach. I have seen horses and cows and rats down on the beach. I will start with these then maybe by tonight I can kill me a couple of dragons.

I see a bull. He is a bit bigger than I remember. His horns sharper looking. I can see his muscles through the thick leather of his legs but I have this maul. I can take him easy. My maul is heavy my armor strong. I raise my maul high into the air and shout;'aaaruuuooggg" as I run towards him. I am slower than I planned. He looks up still chewing on some grass. Then his nostrils flare. He makes a sound I can only describe as displeasure towards me. Then he lowers his head and hits me in the chest. It hurts but I have my maul high and bring it down on his head. He groans. His health meter has some red. So does mine. He stomps my foot with a front hoof and head buts me again. My health meter is now lower than his. I swing my maul catching him in the front shoulder. Now we are even our health meter is 1/4 down each. Then he stomps me again and bites. This is not going as I wanted it to go. This hurts. I should be smashing him. He is only a bull. Then my health meter drops fast to half. Then to one quarter. Something is stinging me from behind. A scorpion. I run but not as fast as I would like. My foot is in pain and I cant seem to go fast.

New hope is just a few paces away. I am almost at the gates. If I can get inside then I can heal. Again I am stung from behind. I am close to death but I pass the gates to safety. I survived. I was not the knight I thought I would be but I am alive. I can hear the spirit guards Killing the spider outside the gates. I take my cotton and begin to heal my wounds. Some are light some are medium and a few are bad and severe. There is blood all over my armor my hands. I don't seem to be getting better. I see red. My vision blurs but I continue to heal then I die...

Seems I make a better construction worker then warrior. I could have taken that bull but for that spider. I've not lost my armor but I have lost any skills I would have gained. This is going to be harder than I thought. I think I will wait till tomorrow to kill those dragons. 

• Like 1

I awoke early the next day. It was still hours away from daylight. I could not sleep. I was determined to figure out this hunting thing. I spent a few moments on a morning routine. I prayed and picked a lock and a few other trivial tasks, things that could only be done every so often. Then I set about improving my armor and weapons. Some of my plate was below 10 quality and one was even below 5. I wanted to work fast so that I could get the most done in the shortest time possible. So I set my equipment within easy reach. I placed my items In a row so that I could work from one to the next quickly without changing tools often. It worked. I was able to bring all my gear to about 28QL.

I was excited again. I did not have as much confidence but today I would be more carful. I felt I had a chance to survive if I played it safe and kept my eye out for bigger creatures. I would run. Maybe I wouldn't be the greatest warrior but I would live hopefully. Once again I sat out for the beach. It was still early. I could see a soft blue light on the land. There was sun but it had yet to rise over the mountains. It was a clear day cold and crisp. I could hear the waves and owl and some ram off in the distance obviously in a fight for its life. A troll maybe. I would keep an eye out for that thing. I was not as proud today. Yesterday taught me that I am not the only one who can fight in these parts but I would learn and one day...My day dreaming came to an end. I could see the beach. I stopped; a bit in fear. I did not want to fail. Part of me wanted to give up and go craft bricks or saw planks but I knew I had to go on. I could not farm forever. War may one day find our village and I had to be ready. So with trepidation I walked onto the beach.

It was quiet except for the sound of waves. Nothing was around, at least that I could see. After standing for a moment I saw it. A red crab. He was kicking up dust and scurrying about. Could I take a crab? They did have armor. It looked small. I knew I could out run it. Yes that would be my target. This time I did not charge. I walked casually towards the crab. What's the point in running to a battle. Crabby saw me. He turned and charged in my direction. I guess he is not peaceful. We engaged. The battle lasted a few moments. I was hurt. He did some damage but was no match for me. I lost at most 1/4 of my health. He was dead. I had new skill points. The Gods of Wurm had given me a path to glory. I could hunt these things all day. This was the beach. There must be many crabs. I grabbed my cotton and healed my wounds.

I spent the next few hours hunting crabs on the beach. I had sleep bonus and it helped me gain skill in my weapon and shield. Occasionally I battled an odd rat and wolf. The Gods looked favorably on me today. Maybe they had guilt from yesterdays failure. As I walked home I dreamt of dragons but knew it was along way off.  

nonpalatable 

Edited by lowborn

Death of an oak tree.

Funny the things you value in Wurm. I had just returned from a hunting trip to gain combat skills. I was hot and sweaty. My armor hung sloppy having stretched its leather straps. Finally I was home. I could take this stuff off and drop it on the floor. There was the sound of work. I could hear a hammer pounding on something. I was exhausted and not wanting to get up but I had to contribute to the building of the deed. Grudgingly I collected a few tools and headed slowly upstairs. One of our members was putting up the second floor walls. They would need brick and mortar. I would be that man.

"Hey how you doing" I shouted over the hammer. He turned his head looking at me: "Good just setting the frame for these walls". I dident need to ask what I should do. I knew. I started placing brick and mortar on the wall sections. This would take some time. After he had finished planning the walls he told me that he had to leave for awhile. I thanked him for his work and said I would be on for awhile. He left. My work went on for some time. I have finished 3 or 4 sections and then I noticed out across the yard was a missing section of wall. It took a moment to register because the kings men had just been past and repaired all the walls. That's what we got for out taxes and the use of the land and two guards. It was a fair deal but this empty wall section now that was strange. I put down my bricks and jumped  down from the second floor. After running over to the section I noticed a few odd creatures dead in the open area. Six wild beast one of them a troll all dead in a pile just where the wall should be. I still had not put things together. Then looking through the wall I could see a catapult about three tiles distance. Ahh hum the blacklighters struck again. Then I understood the dead creatures. They had brought them to help kill or weaken the guards. I wondered if they had stole anything because with this evidence they would have succeeded to get inside but we had nothing inside. Well we did have the tax money but it would be hard to get and take days. I should check they could have got some of the upkeep. This was the fist time they had attacked this village. I guess I should be happy they did not attack a helpless farmer on some remote ranch but still I was a bit sad to have lost this battle I was never home for.

Later that day- I noticed in the pasture outside the deed, that there was a tree stump in our manicured pasture. It was our old oak tree. Oh how sad. They killed our oldest and most favorite tree to make the catapult. This was a loss. We had few trees of that age and it held a good spot in our morning view. I had the catapult but I would rather have the tree. Time to repair the wall and figure out what can be done to prevent this next time. I doubt anything could be done. One must take the fight to them. Strange the things you value in Wurm. I mis my tree.

Edited by lowborn

I got little sleep the night after the burglary. I lay trying to get sleep bonus but no sleep would come. I could hear wolfs in the distance. It was cold. My thoughts were on my situation. I had spoken with the kings men and they could provide me with one more guard but he would be expensive. I knew I had a problem. I had the attention of the worst of the blacklight bandits. This group was not just thieves but a real band of outlaws. One could say a small army. They terrorized villages greater than ours. The King could offer little help. I lay looking up at the dark ceiling. Wolfs continued to howl in the distance. Time stood still, morning would never come. I was awake but it was to dark and cold to work. I could think of only three options to these bandits. I did not know if any of them would work.

First I could live like a farmer and be of no value to the bandits. They had taken 35 copper from us and with this I guessed they would be back for more until we had nothing to pay our taxes with. As a simple farmer without walls or deed then they would have no target but that did not seem like a path I wished to take. I could move far away and hide but again it seemed cowardly and remote. My second option would be to build more walls. Walls within walls or maybe some kind of dirt mounds surrounding the walls so that the catapults would have a hard time. This path seemed unending. I doubted I could ever keep them out. I had to use the entrance and that would be the place they could hit. They could always pick any lock I would use. My third option was to consider what they took another tax. To pay them on a regular basis but was this even possible. I would not have to pay them just sit back and let them take what they would take. It could be cheaper then paying the king for the third guard but would that be enough. I guessed they had to make rounds. Maybe they had other targets other things to do and would only be around every so often just as the kings tax men only came around every month or would they camp outside the deed taking all that we had until we disbanded?

I was sleepy my eyes heavy. Wolfs continued to howl in the distance. I slept and dreamt of the villain's. I do not know how long I slept. When I awoke nothing had changed. It was still dark and cold. I still had my problems and there would be no help. No Calvary. I had been to boastful proclaiming to the world I would 'hunt the blacklighters to the end of the world'. I had awaken a giant and I was in reality a simple man with dreams of glory beyond my skills. I knew now what I would have to do. All three options. In stages the last being hiding in the woods with a simple hut and farm. First I would pay the king for the extra guard, something I could barely afford. If this worked then I would continue to pay. Second If the new guard could not help then I would fire the guard and let the bandits rob us. I would rebuild the wall after each attack. Soon I would have a collection of catapults left behind. If they attacked to often then my worst option. I would disband the deed. Live a simpler life running a free hotel helping travelers, a monk without glory. I would have to repair the buildings myself without paying my taxes to the king he would no longer send workers for this work. I dreamt of finding an army and destroying my enemy but I knew no such army and had few friends. I slept.

• Like 1

ODE to the crab of Wurm

You are brave little red shell.

I in full plate armor with weapon and you charge me with pincers.

I see you scurry kicking up dust.

I am sadden but kill you I must.

You are a brave little red shell.

Your armor is natural. Your pincers a gift.

I wish us peace but there is a rift.

I need what you have and I have what you need.

Both of us caught in a cycle of greed.

We are not so different you and I. 

Trapped by fear as the days go by.

Sometimes I wish I was you.

Living on the beach doing as you do.

I wish you peace never hell.

but now you are at my feet.

I am the enemy and you are the meat.

I love your color and I love your size.

I am saddened by your demise.

• Like 1

The mirror is not shinny enough for my reflection.

My armor is shinny I am strong I could admire all the day long.

From what angle do I love myself the most. If I had a drink I would make a toast.

My armor is steal, my love is real. I look to good to make a kill.

I think I will walk through the town. Gather the eye of all around.

I have no weapon; all would run from the reflection of the sun.

I love myself the most. If I had a drink I would make a toast.

What girl could not love me just as I am. Clad in this armor proudly I stand.

I will have two girls maybe three. Who could not love what they see.

This mirror is not shinny enough for me.

5 hours ago, lowborn said:

The mirror is not shinny enough for my reflection.

My armor is shinny I am strong I could admire all the day long.

From what angle do I love myself the most. If I had a drink I would make a toast.

My armor is steal, my love is real. I look to good to make a kill.

I think I will walk through the town. Gather the eye of all around.

I have no weapon; all would run from the reflection of the sun.

I love myself the most. If I had a drink I would make a toast.

What girl could not love me just as I am. Clad in this armor proudly I stand.

I will have two girls maybe three. Who could not love what they see.

This mirror is not shinny enough for me.

Edited by Psalamon
  • Like 1

Takes a big man to enjoy that kind of humor. Well maybe a confident man.

I like your name. Psalamon Psalamon just kinda rolls of the tongue.

7 hours ago, MinorArchitect said:

This is beautiful. Keep doing this, people will notice.

Thank you for the kind things. I enjoy crafting with words. I did not know I did until two weeks ago but its fun.

Part of me hopes that some don't read them and part of me feels I shouldn't write some things that I do.

As long as I keep it to this thread I hope not to offend anyone. I already got one warning from staff but to be honest I was way out of line.

I will try to behave myself. I hope you enjoy. 

I saw a dog today. I watched him run and play.

There was no one around. No structures built on the ground.

By the beach he did lay chewing on what I cannot say.

I wondered if he would have me or let me be.

Was he angry and would he act aggressively. 

"Hey" I called. He jumped up standing proud.

"Your a good boy. Let us play, come to me and well make a day."

He tilted his head looking my way, wondering what is was that I did say.

He did not move. He stood his ground. Wagged his tail he made no sound.

I walked towards him tentatively, not wanting him to flee.

He shifted ready to run. I froze not know what I had done.

"come here boy, Ive got a toy. Would you like to play?"

I began walking again, showing my hands, talking softly of my plans.

All of a sudden he ran to me. He was sniffing and licking my knee.

"Oh your a good boy let me see. You are ever so friendly."

I knelt down face to face. turned my head away from his tongues embrace.

He was happy excitedly to be in a humans company.

"Would you like to come with me. We can go to my home you can see"

I pulled out a rope and led him away. He was ready to obey.

I took him home and loved him there. In Wurm you can love a dog even a bear.

Today I met the lady of the lake. I was naïve and made a mistake.

Her beauty is matched only by her might. I was captured by her sight.

She was kind and talked to me. I was at ease, we were at sea.

I did not know what to think. I was in love close to the brink.

I would have done what ever she said. I did not know I would soon be dead.

She asked if I wanted to challenge her. I was spinning in a blur.

I was in love what could go wrong. Her words were a beautiful song.

Long was her hair flowing and white. I did not know she was a terrible fright.

What was a challenge what could it be. No longer alone now it was we.

"Come with me to my home. We no longer have to be alone"

but she said with hidden dred. "Will you challenge me?

"Of course my dear. I am here. What do you want? Why do you taunt?"

"Do you accept the challenge I give to you? Then we will know your love is true"

"Yes,Yes into your challenge I give. You are the prettiest thing that ever lived."

Then she killed me. @#$% 

Edited by lowborn

Nasty old troll. Violent and green. 100% hated ruthless and mean.

He will chase you as far as you run. Stop and your life's undone.

Covered in warts pus and scars. They should all be behind bars.

Where do they live? What do they do? Is that the smell of poo.

I've never had one as a friend. I've only cried at the end.

Where is their wife. What is the need to take my life.

I want to say something kind and sweet but to him I look like meat.

Where do they sleep is it on the ground. Why are there no females around.

Dressed in rags maybe those males are the hags.

Edited by lowborn

Content by paid subscription only.

Edited by lowborn

removed. Was not polite or playful.

There is a fine line between funny and rude.

Edited by lowborn
  • Like 1

Today I met the cavalry from his home to the sea.

Upon our shores he did land shield and sword in hand.

He said "let me in. I am here to defend."

I did not know what to think but our village was on the brink.

Upon his steed dressed in red. I felt at ease without dread.

He was from Mel Rohan but he said let me on.

He could have killed me then and there but he let me live.

Into the village with all permissions I did give.

I asked him if he was a scout. In my fear I had a bit of doubt.

He went to business and asked what direction they attack from.

I knew then the cavalry had come.

Adventures In WURM

Adventures in WURM ONLINE are not just by land and sea.

You can travel the deserts of sand the forests and the mountains majesty.

But the greatest adventure you will find are the players who live through out its history.

A week, a month, a year is not enough for decades they have they played.

Through trial and bugs and updates they have stayed.

They may be quiet in their homes living as they do.

If a friend you make a believe the friend Is true.

The greatest adventure in WURM is in the people of the game.

Happy to help and lend a hand but hard to find upon the land.

Don't expect to find them your first day. Mostly in the villages they do play.

One day they will come to you. You must honor them in respect.

For if your true then you they will not reject.

So start out small humbly and build your home.

Craft and skill and the lands you roam.

Just know you are not alone. 

The scorpion screeches in the night. 

Try as I may try as I might, I cannot sleep when the scorpion screeches in the night.

I do not know where he is or what he does, oh those creatures from above.

I don't hate and I don't love but they keep me awake those screeches from above.

As big as a cart and mean as a bear. I stare into the dark whenever I hear.

I would scream  "be quite I say". I need my sleep for the day.

I know there is one or two; Playing in love so what could I do.

Its dark outside do I dare go find those screeches I hear.

They would laugh and sting me true, so I lay in fear nothing to do.

Its cold and dark. They are above laughing and playing in love.

Try as I may try as I might, I cannot sleep with the screeches in the night.

Edited by lowborn

Monsters at my door.

Monsters at my door. They are not stories or folklore. They are monsters at my door.

There's no hope to run or fight. Be they shadow or be they light. Every night they are monsters at my door.

I hide under my bed, every sound filled with dread. If they get in I know I will be dead. I hide under my bed.

Did the door open? I must not make a sound. Maybe they will leave if no one is around.

All the lights are off so they cannot see. Why can not they just let me be. 

My hart is loud they will hear it. I mustn't move I cannot bear it.

My leg is sore I cannot rub. Is that a sound from above. There are monsters at my door.

Are they in my room. In the darkness and the gloom. There are monsters in my room.

I see a shadow from underneath. Soon I will see the glow of sharpened teeth.

Shh be quiet now. They are close. The monsters in my room.

Edited by lowborn

ODE to the bad guy of WURM

WURM must have its bad guys and gals.

Not to be friends and not to be pals.

WURM loves its bad guys and gals.

They are evil and destroy. 

They take from you your only toy.

They smash your walls in their joy.

but WURM must have its bad guys and gals.

From whom would you defend?

Why would you fight to the end.

So love your bad guys and gals.

They kill your steed and smash your deed

Its something that WURM does need.

Do not take for granted their greed.

Love to hate and hate to love.

Offer to them the peace of dove.

In the end we are the same. 

Opposite sides of the game.

WURM loves its bad guys and gals. 

I just looked at the forums and my face was on half of the recent threads. That is not good. I gotta take a break from them. darn 

20 hours ago, lowborn said:

I just looked at the forums and my face was on half of the recent threads. That is not good. I gotta take a break from them. darn 

Do this on other forums as well!

Spread the word that Wurm Online is yet again shining!

Do what Retrograde was unable to do!

Advertise!

Bring forth more people to experience this vast world with!

I had just logged in. The sun was rising but it was not yet full daylight. I stretched getting the sleep bonus out of my eyes. Thought that I would go hunting and raise my fighting skills. So I went out the front door. The first thing I saw was a giant looking over the wall. It scared me. Wouldn't that scare anyone. I could not believe my eyes. I thought wtf. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. It was still looking over the wall. Maybe I was still asleep. After all it was early morning twilight. I didn't move. Moving would do no good this thing was large enough to step over the walls and on the house. Then I read that it was the God FO. I did not know if I should fear it or not. Well I did fear it I just didn't know if it was going to attack.

So after standing for a few moments with my mouth open I said "Hello". He didn't reply.  He was giant. 6 or 7 stories tall maybe taller. By mistake I targeted him. I was only trying to look at him from a distance. That's when the fear increased. I thought for sure I was in for it. Quickly I untargeted him. I did not want to fight this thing. He was made of tree covered in moss with pointy fingers and large teeth. Very large teeth.

He did not attack. He was just standing looking over the walls. It occurred to me that he would make a great friend. So tried to talk with him again. "Would you like to eat my horse?" He did not answer. I didn't need to ask; if he wanted to eat it then he would. I wondered what he ate. "We have a nice marsh pit down by the water". Still he was quiet. "I wont chop down any more trees". I added that last one because yesterday I had chopped down about 20 trees and I feared he was here because of that. Still he was silent.

I decided to go for it all. I asked him if he wanted to join the village. Told him we could use someone like him. Just think a GOD as a member of the deed. No one would dare come close to us but with that he turned and walked slowly towards the woods. That wasn't enough for me. I had to investigate more. I would leave the walls of the deed and get a bit closer. Now I didn't want to die but this was an opportunity to good to pass up. I took a few screenshots and left the imagined safety of the deed. I was close to him but he didn't seem to care. I ran around him for awhile then watched him turn towards the ocean. I thanked him for his visit and that I hoped to see him again soon.

I went hunting and foraging. I was gone along time but when I returned he was still at the deed. He had moved a few tiles but was still there. I though this strange and decided to learn more about it. So I called a friend of mine with carrier pigeon. When the bird returned I was told that FO wanted a piece of leather. That's all he wanted but I had to give it to him. This was an easy task. I set about cutting some leather into strips just as he wanted. I went out and stood close to him at his feet and gave him the leather. Then he vanished. Gone of to other lands in search of more items to aid him in his quest. I will miss the big tree trunk.  

Edited by lowborn

Grinding fighting skill.

Run from one to another kill kill kill

Its not complicated. Its not complex just go from one to the next

Be they crab or be they scorpion. Just don't give in.

Beware the troll loud as can be he will send you to eternity.

Armor is important don't forget. Going naked will lead to regret.

My word is not final. My skill is low. I run for safety with creatures in tow.

Do not get lost for the woods are great. dying that way you will hate.

Ride a horse to get away. Live to fight another day.

Buy some gear before you start something enchanted will save your hart.

Don't take my word give it a try. Don't PM me when you die.

I will find your corpse and loot it true. Don't blame me for what  you do.

Maybe your a crafter or builder be. Maybe you wish to sail the sea.

Stay at home where its safe. Maybe fighting is not for you my mate.