Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Jackal transfer almost non-existant+missing skills

Oblivionnreaver had a bunch of skills not transfer, 28 soul depth didnt give a single tick

https://niarja.com/universes/Online/clusters/jackal/skills/Oblivionnreaver

0b8d1f221c76e21dccb65e5568e71bbe.png

the skills i got are nearly nothing, i could grind everything there except religion in under an hour

https://niarja.com/universes/Online/clusters/jackal/skills/masssstaaa

8dbd48c31a3cfeb479584f781d9d6af6.png

Not a single characteristic transferred, and again everything there is maybe an hour or two on sleep bonus maximum. 

• Like 2

Also, probably if the character have some skills on jackal and currently no prem at freedom won't get any skills as well. This is why the skill transfer coming late?

These are action gains, not counting the coc enchants or boosts etc.. I'll guess... if there were such enchants or sb... flat boost given from a random number you've gained at faster rated server seems a bit OP as fu**, wouldn't you agree?

I did expect to see a few 100s coming after the transfer, but this is rather optimistic actually, whether it's fair I can not comment on that, not making the rules or limits.

I guess with all the hot new windows of opportunity and whatnot that popped up this patch :ph34r: there's not really much of a point discussing it as it's maybe bugged, so i'll wait for the fun things to be fixed before discussing skillgain

Jackal:

Vomusu has 1,713.40595 Skill Points (723,310 STP). Vomusu is ranked 5th on the Online Jackal Cluster.

Freedom before transfer:

Vomusu has 5,708.624597 Skill Points (4,324,748 STP). Vomusu is ranked 278th on the Online Freedom Cluster.

Freedom after transfer:
Vomusu has 5,717.498843 Skill Points (4,368,206 STP). Vomusu is ranked 273rd on the Online Freedom Cluster.

So 1,7k skillpoints on jackal = 9 skillpoints on freedom. Most of the skills I got on jackal didnt even transfer to freedom at all. 0 ticks.

Watch the STP.. 50k isn't bad at all.. that's ~normal 5x days grind of 10k for 1-2-4hours each day

IDK what time it took you to get the points on jackal or how fast/boosted it was, you should not compare skillpoints as lower levels are easier and faster to grind, having many of them, doesn't mean that you've done that much work(not saying 1.7k is low number, just many low levels on many skills = less work, compared to grinding 19x 90 skills)

On the other side... (1.7k skill levels) / (50 levels) = 34 different skills at 50.00, with ~2-4hours to get each still - that's a decent number of hours to get 34 of these

AFAIK nobody promised 1:1 transfer for the gains/"STP"/etc, depends what other you get with the whole grind and if this is actually all right or bugged in the end. That will answer if it was worth the time spent to grind there.

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

Watch the STP.. 50k isn't bad at all.. that's ~normal 5x days grind of 10k for 1-2-4hours each day

that's 43458, not 50k. around 6% transferred back. For me it was 834,755 becoming 42957, or 5.1%. Comparing skillgain/hour, most skills gave around 5-10% of their time value in skillgain in freedom, which is pretty bad. 110 hours-ish of efficiently strength grinding on jackal didn't even get me .1 strength on freedom. 27 hours of casting on sleep bonus gave me about 3 hours worth of channeling skillgain on freedom. Vom isn't that far behind me in STP so he probably grinded about the same time as me if he didn't chug sleep powder like i did when i was grinding channeling.

14 minutes ago, Finnn said:

AFAIK nobody promised 1:1 transfer for the gains/"STP"/etc

Nobody said it would be less than 10% either.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Finnn said:

AFAIK nobody promised 1:1 transfer for the gains/"STP"/etc, depends what other you get with the whole grind and if this is actually all right or bugged in the end. That will answer if it was worth the time spent to grind there.

I wasnt expecting 1:1 but i wasnt expecting 1:1625 either, which is what I got with digging. We were assured that it's gonna be worth it to play on jackal, meanwhile I could've just dig a clay tile 100times on freedom instead of grinding on jackal for a month.

So looking at the time stamps both skill transfers had 2065 entries in the log, might be the limit. 

I was thinking of playing on Jackal.

Now I don't want to.

I'm really glad I didn't get scammed into many hours on this server with the silver lining that skills would have been transferred.

Edited by Wiolo