Sign in to follow this  
Neville

Rude person alert [CLOSE TOPIC]

Rude person alert... (sniped him; first time I've run into someone like this in a very long time in Wurm Online)

[00:02:24] <Xrumx> hi
[00:02:30] <Xrumx> wanna imp my saddle
[00:02:55] <Xrumx> its 40ql lol
[00:03:52] <Xrumx> i have rare coins
[00:04:15] <Neville> i don't imp saddles
[00:04:19] <Neville> i just have some for sale
[00:04:30] <Xrumx> ffs why do you have them for sale if you dont imp them
[00:05:11] <Neville> because i'm not a leatherworker? i got them over time, kept the best ones now selling the overstock that i don't need
[00:05:27] <Xrumx> quit harassing me
[00:06:04] <Neville> i'm not you asked me...

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

Dont talk to strangers on the internet after midnight, Neville.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

More often, rude players freely announce themselves.  A pre alert is always helpful, as there are some we all could have avoided, yet found out the hard way.

• Like 1

I think it was meant as a joke and not an attempt to be rude.

Ive heard this humor before when a person starts a conversation ends it with "stop harassing me"

Maybe its an American thing. Easily misunderstood.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lowborn said:

I think it was meant as a joke and not an attempt to be rude.

Ive heard this humor before when a person starts a conversation ends it with "stop harassing me"

Maybe its an American thing. Easily misunderstood.

Never encountered such conduct, and would certainly consider it rude. And any native English or American English speakers should always consider to be in an international game where most people do not speak English as their native language nor are familiar with all aspects of conversational speaking and writing, which even may widely differ between the US, Canada, Australia, and Britain.

If that behaviour was not meant to be rude, it was highly inconsiderate and immature. And at least after Neville's last sentence it should have been clear that the joke, if it was meant as, was not understood. Every polite person would have apologized and explained then.

• Like 1

We need sirens (like those tsunami warning ones in Hawaii) in game for these types of alerts because by the time you post them here the person is long gone. Maybe add some mental (sp intended) detectors too for periodic admittance to the general use areas.

=Ayes=

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Never encountered such conduct, and would certainly consider it rude. And any native English or American English speakers should always consider to be in an international game where most people do not speak English as their native language nor are familiar with all aspects of conversational speaking and writing, which even may widely differ between the US, Canada, Australia, and Britain.

If that behaviour was not meant to be rude, it was highly inconsiderate and immature. And at least after Neville's last sentence it should have been clear that the joke, if it was meant as, was not understood. Every polite person would have apologized and explained then.

If anyone takes a small convo like the one in the op this seriously, they are just looking for reasons to be offended or projecting deeper issues onto a scapegoat that deserves nothing further than being laughed at

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

32 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

If anyone takes a small convo like the one in the op this seriously, they are just looking for reasons to be offended or projecting deeper issues onto a scapegoat that deserves nothing further than being laughed at

I agree. From that chat, I don't see any rude behaviour at all. Xrumx is an annoying troll on global Freedom chat, but this made me chuckle actually.

probably resold account.. used as a mask by a better known name, nothing new

trolls need new names that aren't yet ignored

Lmao that's absolutely hilarious. Classic trolling.. if this bothers you then you dont read the forums enough. 

• Like 2

Society so oversensitive these days.  Just /ignore and move on, no need to drama this one to the forums.

• Like 2

Yeah, sorry, no. To the "yoot" that find this acceptable behavior, online or otherwise, enjoy the world you're creating for yourselves. I'll be over here, defending my lawn, shaking my head and maxing out my /ignore list. 

Oh gods ... a little annoying trollet like that ruffling your skirts, take a deep breath... count down from 10 ..9..8...7...6..5..4..3..2..1 ok now breath its ok to be upset.. and its all over get on with your life.. WUrm is safe from marauders and rude half brains without diaper training.. continue Wurmin Folks..

The responses perfectly paint what online is today.  It's almost passe' to even take offense, this is just who we've become, numbed by internet. It's good to see people laugh and take humor where should be taken. 

The one funny thing about it though is it's funny always when it's someone else.  The same taking laugh, do not when upon them.  This I've seen over n over and gives a good chuckle too.   It's all akin to standing inside one of those felt belted car wash machines with it on, and not in your car.  After a while you just feel nothing.

Edited by Bloodscythe

"Provoke offense and you shall have it!"

"Hide behind a fence and have none of it."

=Ayes=

Maybe the owner is a douche.. maybe not..

maybe we are, maybe we aren't.

No problem to solve, as he stopped harassing you at that point and you didn't need to know he exists in the first place. - no harm done

Today's internet 'people' are sometimes turning into trolls or just learn a phrase or two.. that they eventually want to use, be glad you made his/her day :)