Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Reinforce vein

If you've got a vein surrounded by reinforced walls, when you mine it out it leaves a nice hole in the wall that you can't collapse due to the walls being ya know, reinforced. Being able to reinforce the vein, and then when it's mined out completely, becomes a cave wall/reinforced call wall would be nice.

• Like 14

Yes please! This would make a lot of work on tunnels and canals a lot less frustrating.

Reinforced tiles that are off deed can't be mined. If ore veins off deed are able to be reinforced this would then prevent anyone from mining them. Griefers paradise for off deed public mines or any off deed ore tile. I think this is why ore veins can't be reinforced currently. How do you propose to solve this issue?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayes said:

Reinforced tiles that are off deed can't be mined. If ore veins off deed are able to be reinforced this would then prevent anyone from mining them. Griefers paradise for off deed public mines or any off deed ore tile. I think this is why ore veins can't be reinforced currently. How do you propose to solve this issue?

=Ayes=

I think the OP is suggesting that a reinforced vein would be able to be mined, and once empty changes to a reinforced cave wall. If that way both on and off deed I think it solves that issue quite well

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 3:49 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

when you mine it out it leaves a nice hole in the wall that you can't collapse due to the walls being ya know, reinforced.

Do you mean collapse by shaker orbs? The priest strongwall spell seems to work just fine between two reinforced tiles.

The mechanism sounds interesting regardless because it enables better logistics, especially for people without strongwalling priest alts, so why not, +1

I got issues trying to strongwall east side of a tunnel but not on west side.

The tiles surrounding were reinforced and the road was catseyed.

To me this issue seem to only affect the east walls.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:34 AM, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

aye..

makes it too easy to poop/reinforce-troll/ public mine veins with utmost ql.. which sucks for everyone without high 90+ mining & imbued pickaxe..

On 10/9/2019 at 11:45 PM, Cecci said:

I got issues trying to strongwall east side of a tunnel but not on west side.

The tiles surrounding were reinforced and the road was catseyed.

To me this issue seem to only affect the east walls.

This is consistent with the northwest corner orientation of Wurm terraforming. In the one case you affect the NW corner of a reinforced tile, in the other you do not (at least I think that is the explanation). Anyway,  +1 for the proposal.

@Finn , @Ayes : I understood the proposal so that a reinforced resource vein can be mined out, but instead of leaving a hole leaves a reinforced rock/stone column.

• Like 1

Would just having every metal/vein you mine out turn to a rock vein with 1-5 hits left solve this? (or even a standard 50 wouldn’t be too bad)

• Like 1

This makes logical sense, doesn't provide a "remove vein" button, but helps with underground construction.

Maybe give it a different image though, and have the reinforcement be removable?  So that griefing someone by sealing them in doesn't become a thing.

+1 has this became a thing yet? like 3 years old and make sense.

Seems such a simple idea.

Reinforced vein on mouseover means it will become a normal reinforced cave tile when the vein is depleted.

Basically a deferred cave-wall-reinforcement action, ensuring you can't accidentally mine a hole in the wall.

Nothing special except the change of name, which advertises that it will be a reinforced cave tile when depleted.

Also as you cannot collapse next tile adjacent to the east of an existing underground highway this is even more needed.

I would be a good idea and a bad one, like Ayes said if its off deed and someone manage to reinforce it, no one will be able to mine it :(

Unless they put bypass code that ignore it, but it wouldnt make any sense if it did. I think it would be a bad idea, just have to check often to see if there an opening there. To protect it, very simply, expand your deed or make an alt to control that areas!