Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Positive Alignment

Woohoo!   I did it!  I did it!

After 15 years I finally succeeded!

I can't believe it!  I finally did it!

[19:45:49] YOU ARE HIT BY LIGHTNING! OUCH!

[19:45:49] A strange dizziness runs through your head, eventually sharpening your senses.

I have new super powers now!  or at least a mot more Mind Speed!

There I was minding my own business moving boats and swimming out to my boat in my shiny new steel plate armor when I got distracted, overshot my boat and started drowning.  While awaiting the village to decide who or if a rescue party would be dispatched, by a sheer twist of fate... BAM...  I am struck down by mana from above.   Still clinging to life in the Jackal sea a rescue party from HQ Bravo was dispatched (Tria) and I was once again snatched from the icy grip of death!

Take that IRL!  All I got for my troubles when I got hit IRL was an insane need to drink mass amounts of water and memory loss!

Take my word for it,  getting hit in game is much more rewarding!

• Like 20
  • Cat 1

He was struck by lightening.

It is 100% random and happens so rarely I've only seen it occur a handful of times in my time in Wurm.

Various people have reported different skill increases mainly where mind is concerned that can be up to even a few full points gain.

• Like 1

wut are the chances in game and rl, you muh friend need to be buying lotto tickets!

• Cat 1

Do you have any cool scars from getting hit IRL? Sometimes they look so cool!

Grats on the game, I've literally  sat in the water for days at a time trying to be hit but lightning didn't like me. xD

Well... Wow! I read this a while ago on the wiki, just went looking for it again:

• Lightning Visual during rain and also has a unique function on players.
  • In Players event tab, this could happen YOU ARE HIT BY LIGHTNING! OUCH! A strange dizziness runs through your head, eventually sharpening your senses.
  • Mind Speed will increase drastically(3.0+), the down side is all equipped armor/weapons will have 20 damage on them. The Chances of getting hit are rare.
  • 0.000024% chance on 2k servers (Deliverance, Exodus, Pristine, Release)
  • 0.000006% chance on 4k servers (Independence)
  • 0.0000015% chance on 8k servers (Xanadu)

Now, that may not be entirely correct, considering it is from the wiki, BUT STILL. Congratulations!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

wut are the chances in game and rl, you muh friend need to be buying lotto tickets!

Well, if you do some maths and multiply what I said above with this fact:

The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000.

You get 8e-9 (8 zeros), 2e-9 (8 zeros) and 5e-10 (9 zeros!) respectively.

That’s some insane probability.

Edited by MinorArchitect

Wait....wait a minute. You mean to tell me, the guy who strikes us with weirdo encounters gets hit by lightning?  LOL  The irony.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MinorArchitect said:
  • Chances of getting hit are rare.
  • 0.000024% chance on 2k servers Pristine

Ha! On Pristine some years back (memory fades) my guy Zip got struck by lightning too. I remember he was standing close to his house with a lamppost next to the door when this brilliant flash came on the screen. Since I have always played with the game sounds off this is what made me aware of the strike, as well as out of the corner of my eye I saw the bolt of lightning hit the lamppost too. I took no damage myself but when checking the lamppost on deed I saw that it had some significant damage to it.

I am not sure about any Mind Speed increase or even if this appeared in the Event window (forgetfulness) but when I did check the token under Area History it was plainly shown there that "Zip was struck by lightning", or some such wording. Then I said something about it in the chat tab and people got a good laugh out of it when I told them to check Area History to confirm the fact it happened.

Yes, poetic justice that this finally happened to Enki but what did my poor guy Zip do to deserve such a shockingly traumatic experience? Always after this time he seemed to prefer to wander down to the seaside of Blossom and gaze for hours out into the sea's distant horizon rather than improving lampposts in need. What unknown ill effects will this experience have upon Enki then? Only time and your imagination will tell.....

=Ayes=

MinorArchitect  pointed out the damage to equipped gear..

My brand new steel great helm has almost 30 dmg,  the rest of my armor around ~13 dmg....  my staff weapon... GONE!