Sign in to follow this  
and0r

Dungeons

I personally enjoy the primitive nature of this game. I believe the low quality animations and poor graphics really give it a certain charm. I honestly like them.

Though one thing which has always put me off is the lack of any real content. There has to be more PvM in this world, it just feels so empty without it.

What are the developers plans in regards to adding dungeons? Something like large underground elaborate labyrinths which are spawned randomly from a selection of pre-made dungeons. Filled with various creatures and such, and with special incentive to explore them. Perhaps for unique items or creatures or resources.  

Would it be asking too much to also include various degrees of dungeons, with an end-game super dungeon for high level players? 

I really feel something like this is needed.

More content for the player to explore the world and battle creatures with!

Edited by and0r
  • Cat 1

From a recent post, it would seem the developers current focus is to get Wurm Steam ready.  They've even stowed Epic problems on the back burner again, again.  I'd doubt we'll see dungeons anytime soon.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I can't really be the first one to suggest adding dungeons. I'm surprised this feature has not yet been included.

I was thinking of the simplest possible way to implement this, by creating a separate zone for them, in which the game loads when you cross the entrance. This way minimal work is needed in creating something like this. Most of the work would basically be map editing. 

I was thinking of something like a challenge, where you must complete 12 dungeons in a certain order, each with their own boss, and each hidden within the world which requires exploration and discovery. Maybe also a method of locating them such has various ways to obtain clues as to their location.  

• Like 1

As for lore, the reason the dungeon would be a separate area and not part of the main world, (raising the question of why can't you just dig your way into the dungeon) would be, because the dungeon is too deep underground. Maybe home to dwarfs or something. Also, since the dungeon is so deep, you could incorporate nice lava hazards everywhere.

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

From a recent post, it would seem the developers current focus is to get Wurm Steam ready.  They've even stowed Epic problems on the back burner again, again.  I'd doubt we'll see dungeons anytime soon.

suggested before and they had years to add it before WU or steam WO

Yes well, I don't see any point in creating this entire game just to let it fizzle into obscurity. I mean realistically, it needs more PvM and exploration, or is everyone just pretending the game will be alright on it's own?

Very strange. 

Not a bad idea. Others have suggested a hunting server in the past.

Instead we got Jackal, which maybe made a few players come back, and some existing players play more, but it divided the community even more, thinned out the existing server population, causing players to quit, and the subscription numbers are plummeting at the moment.

https://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

Combat is essentially for PvP, with very little use for monsters. This makes practically no real reason to play the game in my opinion.

Shifting focus on PvE/PvM would drastically improve this game.

The game is already unique on it's own, I don't believe that shifting the focus on monsters, as typical with every other RPG, will be detrimental in regards to 'artistic vision'.

As long as it's executed properly. Which I don't believe is complicated.

Ideally, vast, underground, spooky labyrinths would pair well leading to above ground complexes, like a huge castle or NPC fortress which are otherwise unreachable on the main land. Or perhaps have fortifications which cannot be sieged.

It would be nice to have a walled kingdom/castle with a NPC king within it which you can defeat.

I mean something for the player to actually do, rather that just build things. 

2 minutes ago, and0r said:

Shifting focus on PvE/PvM would drastically improve this game.

you missed about 4 years of forum threads asking for more PVP content and to stop focusing of PVE. 

• Like 1

Wurm's gimmick has always been that nothing happens without the players making it happen. While I agree that content like this would make the game way more fun, it flies in the face of what Wurm is, so I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by Ignacius