Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Full Steam Ahead

44 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

[...]

And I'll speak for myself at least:  Stopping updates to WU isn't gonna inspire me to switch to WO and give CC more money.  If anything, any money thrown at Wurm will be directed toward those putting in the mods I want.  #JustSaying.

so - giving Updates to WU wouldn't inspire you either - you would only go back to WO if the Mods you want are inserted there?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MrLighz said:

so - giving Updates to WU wouldn't inspire you either - you would only go back to WO if the Mods you want are inserted there?

You havent said a word since you joined "JoinedMay 20, 2016" and the first thing you do is talk truth and tell mordraug off we like you already ❤️

• Like 2

Just now, wipeout said:

You havent said a word since you joined "JoinedMay 20, 2016" and the first thing you do is talk truth we like you already ❤️

• Like 1

Sleeper forum accounts brought out of hiding for their subversive activities...

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Just a thought for discussion,

make two isolated servers on Steam for PvE and PvP each,  wipe them after a fixed time, let’s say a year. So server 1 starts, after half a year start server 2, a year after start of server 1, wipe and restart...

so a new player can choose at any time to join a server which is at least running for another half year.

Then, when the wipe comes, offer the players a character transfer to the old servers (ogwo) with little equipment.

make it maybe possible to switch to old servers at anytime (one way only!). Of course that should be clear from the beginning.

I dont know about the legal issues (steam and the like) - but that way you would

a) make it less attractive for old players to move and dominate on steam

b) get new players to the old servers

c) have also even in the future for new players the experience of an untouched or nearly untouched world.

1 hour ago, MrLighz said:

Just a thought for discussion,

make two isolated servers on Steam for PvE and PvP each,  wipe them after a fixed time, let’s say a year. So server 1 starts, after half a year start server 2, a year after start of server 1, wipe and restart...

so a new player can choose at any time to join a server which is at least running for another half year.

Then, when the wipe comes, offer the players a character transfer to the old servers (ogwo) with little equipment.

make it maybe possible to switch to old servers at anytime (one way only!). Of course that should be clear from the beginning.

I dont know about the legal issues (steam and the like) - but that way you would

a) make it less attractive for old players to move and dominate on steam

b) get new players to the old servers

c) have also even in the future for new players the experience of an untouched or nearly untouched world.

Buzz kill idea...

Why?: progress.. takes time... A LOT OF TIME IN WURM; Why is it a buzz kill? - All your stuff goes to hell; *again* Why is that a buzz kill? - NOBODY LIKES THAT for casual gameplay.

Challenge server like jackal/pvp verison/ could make sense... 2-3-5-10-50 kingdoms could spawn in there... and fend off jackal spawns and each other... grinding points.. to the end of the 'season' than at checkpoints in time or points.. to get boosts or rewards.. and same but bigger rewards for later checkpoints or end of the season... ez pz.. incentives to be a part of it..

Reset main clusters and you give a good reason to look for the alternative wu. Resets only work if people choose to play it.. and there's a reason for that, anything else will just irritate a normal human being. /I'm only *GUESSING*/

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

8 hours ago, MrLighz said:

Some WU players still have a foot in WO.

Either way, I'm not worried.  We got rifts on WU without CC, bet at least one server mods jackal into it.  But I've said it before and I'll say it again:  What mostly keeps me away from WO are the Doctriners.  Try not to scare the new players away.

• Like 1

What about new cash/webshop? @Samool #orStaffInGeneral

Where is that in the line of planned things.

--edit

also..

Have you thought about naming the new steam release? Wurm Online: Sol or something like that.. that one have both Steam and Samool's name as product manager now.

Reason I ask is... I'm not a fan of the term "ogwo", sounds...

Edited by Finnn

Re:  Cash shop, methinks the solution would be blueprints.  Would keep all things player-crafted.

I prefer the idea of blueprints as well, selling the starter material allows the crafting element to remain. 

As for naming it differently, this was discussed but my fears are it creates a larger seperation than will exist already, it's the same edition, not a new one. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I prefer the idea of blueprints as well, selling the starter material allows the crafting element to remain. 

Not even selling the materials, I'd prefer making use of existing currently "useless" materials.

Say for example:  Trimming armor (sorry art team).  Use gold and silver which aren't THAT used, slap some jewels into the trimming, make them require emerald/diamond/ruby/opal.  Could use the same art asset with some modification and sell a second recipe for trimming armor but with STAR gems which don't see that much use beyond sorcery.  Down the same line, have armors made with the "meta" materials (iron, steel, moonmetal) but in "ornate" versions to involve some brass and such into the mix.   Same concept can go for weapons, as well as craftable shoulderpads and masks.  And need I say barding?  (If someone likes the idea, suggestions' forums could use a revival of this topic with more detailed thoughts).

27 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

LOOT Boxes? Anyone?

LOL.  You just reminded me of this.  (hopefully wouldn't go this far)  :)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As for naming it differently, this was discussed but my fears are it creates a larger seperation than will exist already, it's the same edition, not a new one. 

'ogwo' sounds like mentioning old/dead game and splits things further.. like talking about runescape releases and such..... nothing good, yet it keeps sucking up the air around forums, while the original brand name fades being renamed in the quotes. That was the reason to drop the question.

• Like 5

• WurmClassic
  • WurmSteam
  • WurmUnlimited

Classic is always the best choice: ClassicCoke, ClassicWOW, Classic-al-Muzak

(or so we will say ... words are wind )

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

well we are already giving different names (OGWO vs StWO), so just a matter of words-words-words.

WurmClassic and WurmSteam are pretty much the same just different launchers+servers or something. I think Rolf suggested there might be minor QoL differences?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

wurm steam fail, still less fails than in wurm online...

"Wurm Classic" seems too much like returning to the beginning of Wurm with all the goofy old images, avatar styles and game functions that some people advocate to return to with a server. WO or Wurm vs Steam WO seems pretty simple. Let the new guy Steam be labeled differently not the current game but yeah I don't at all like ogwo and don't use the term.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ayes said:

"Wurm Classic" seems too much like returning to the beginning of Wurm with all the goofy old images, avatar styles and game functions that some people advocate to return to with a server. WO or Wurm vs Steam WO seems pretty simple. Let the new guy Steam be labeled differently not the current game but yeah I don't at all like ogwo and don't use the term.

=Ayes=

if old fishing back im up to  try wurm classic

I can't emphasize more on that, I've said it many times, but please focus on:

Setting up the game such as players will need to trade.

Make material hoarding difficult as it used to be.

Boost a bit the ship speeds especially the big ones.

Make a very very very interesting and not random noise-generated map that provides different amenities on different parts of it.

Make people feel useful even at the long term when some will get 90 skills and others wont.

Part of what makes a sandbox great is that feeling you can do something important in it and affect the whole universe with your actions.

• Like 3

Wurm: Steam sounds weird

we don't even have any steam powered items

9 hours ago, Lordbeerus said:

I can't emphasize more on that, I've said it many times, but please focus on:

Setting up the game such as players will need to trade.

Make material hoarding difficult as it used to be.

Boost a bit the ship speeds especially the big ones.

Make a very very very interesting and not random noise-generated map that provides different amenities on different parts of it.

Make people feel useful even at the long term when some will get 90 skills and others wont.

Part of what makes a sandbox great is that feeling you can do something important in it and affect the whole universe with your actions.

wurm is about hoarding items, only can sell by thousand items not less, try sell 250 or 500 bricks and compare it the selling 1000...
agree with boost speed of all boats except knarr
like the idea of servers with more focused on type of resources, for example pristine and release have big desserts so more sandsonte, deli have... no idea give them slate and zinc...

• Like 1

In Rolfs post about WO on Steam he repeatly talks about pc and linux players. But will the Steam WO be available for mac too?

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Cat 1