Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Make All Sail Rigs Impable/Repairable

Problem:

Currently, the square yard rig is a non-impable/non-repairable item (I assume the same is true for other rigs?). This means you might put a massive amount of work/mats into making it (12 cordage, 4 square sails, etc. with low skills is no mean feat) only to have it poof when you try to attach it to your ship in progress. You watch the damage inching up towards 100, your heart sinking in the knowledge there's nothing you can do about it, until finally the sad trombone honks *wah, wah* and you decide to have a Wurm break. Or so I've been told.

Solution:

Make the rigs impable/repairable like most (all?) other complex components.

• Like 4

+1 to the proposal. My experience though is that even the most shitty rigs get attached. Having crafted 3 sailboats, a corb, a cog, 2 knarr, and a caravel, never lost a rig.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

+1 don't see any reason for them to be unrepairable/impable

• Like 1

Are there other multi part items that cannot be improved or repaired? 

We lost the first rig during attaching to the first knarr on Jackal. We took a deep deep breath, put together leftover mats, went foraging for the rest (not kidding) and imped more on every part of the second rig, so it'll end up higher ql than the first at least. No big difference but man, had to do something. Then our best skilled shipbuilder attached it at first try. :D

Just to note, it's not repairable but it can be mended. FWIW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Are there other multi part items that cannot be improved or repaired? 

Other than all rigs(triangular, spinaker, square, large square, tall square, yard square) for boats i can think of only gem staffs for sorcery (staff + star gem) that is not repairable and impable. Masts, helms, rudders, crows nests are all improvable iirc.