Sign in to follow this  
LordLouis

Achievement Leader-boards

Just a thought, as we have all these achievements tracking things it would be fun to have leader-boards built in somehow.

I'd love to see how I compare to others in the number of spiders i have slayed for example and if someone was beating me i would go out there and bash more. Would be another incentive for getting people active and some friendly competition I reckon. 

• Like 10

I'd love this, would be fun to see the "veteran player" boogyman effect on the forum get worse

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LordLouis said:

Just a thought, as we have all these achievements tracking things it would be fun to have leader-boards built in somehow.

I'd love to see how I compare to others in the number of spiders i have slayed for example and if someone was beating me i would go out there and bash more. Would be another incentive for getting people active and some friendly competition I reckon. 

Could be fun. I could track how far I am from catching up to Jah without looking on Niarja :P

Not sure I'd love an "All Time" list, but maybe "last 30 days" or something (or both), so it only showed active players?

Or maybe a league table sort of thing, so that people could opt in - that way the hermit folks can carry on their quiet grinds without being pestered, but the competitive people can have their little rivalries.

6 hours ago, LordLouis said:

Some will be scary numbers to look at..

+ it will give people a reason to do dumb things(play the game), have to dumb it down explaining.... deforesting large fields... to get lumberjack achievements or w/e the 5k trees one was... or planting such, etc..(nutty stuff..)

+ will be depressing for some.. what amount of actions other have done.. like the "nutty" above me.. 100 CT.. cRaZy....amount... right?

This could be 'fun' for some psychos .... to move to another server and to check the ladder board of online/offline players.. seeing who's on top.. and if their madness needs bigger sacrifices to reach the next level... getting closer to being on top of the nutty trees.. etc

Was that the point, drive ppl to do more stuff to show their mighty achievements in the game?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madnath said:

I'd love this, would be fun to see the "veteran player" boogyman effect on the forum get worse

All start at level 1.. if somebody whines for being behind... nobody stops them to make the next step and to start catching up.

• Like 1

Got an achievement a few times for targeting myself, would be fun to see how many others have done it too.

• Like 1