Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove the need to dispel to get highest level enchants

Bump. Should've been added 10 years ago. Just give us a popupbox to choose what to dispel. 

I agree! Plus, Any thing with a rune you can't safely remove enchants to recast. 

bump still awful

having to prem a 1 channeling priest to seed a <20 cast before casting my nolos because it's near for me to get a low cast to get the bonus from is a very intuitive and well thought out system

On 8/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:
On 8/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, Eleraan said:

I'm a noob at enchanting. Are you saying casting on a blnk item has a better chance to go higher?

Kind of, each 20 you increase power by, adds 1 to power. for example if you rolled a 90 on a tool with a 0 cast on it already it'd be 94 power but if you improved a 80 cast it'd be 90. because of this enchanting tools with low power casts on them gives higher power average casts and locks the highest enchant levels to casting tools with 0-5 casts on them.

So, was this spelled out anywhere?  All I ever noticed was the journal entry "Adds 5 to cast"

On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, Finnn said:

I'm not familiar with the technicality around the sorting of the spell order and issues to manage them mentioned by sindusk

Griefing is possible with dispelling anything that isn't yours like lamps and strange devices.. come first to into mind.. planting/securing/unloading keeps some sort of permissions, possibly protecting these things for such reason.(had a rune I wanted removed on a smelter, that was not possible to dispel even with load/unload by priest.. replaced the rune instead)

I'm just saying of the problem is another, no need to put a general change into spell improvement for no reason

Anyway, it's suggestions, we're allowed to 'vote' or share opinions.. mine's fix just what needs the fix.. and not to mess with everything in the same section.

also, aye

I can't get a great cast on my loom because I can't hold it in my hands. This is at the core of the holding issue. You can't hold some things, so dispelling can't be done on them. On deed, just prevent non-citizens from casting deity spells. There's the existing mechanic to fix that. So this is fixing what needs fixed.