Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove the need to dispel to get highest level enchants

Instead of having the +5 to cast power go down based on the enchant currently on what's being enchanted, should just be +5 is active all the time and not have to dispel. Between spell dispel orders existing, dispel taking out runes/imbues/metallic liquid, not being able to choose what you're dispelling, and decorations that can't be picked up/loaded being unable to be dispelled due to not having a previous owner it's just a all around horrible feature that serves no reason other than to make enchanting suck more.

• Like 5

too ez to roll gg casts than, prices will fall

if you get top priests to agree.. sure I'm down 1/3rd priced item yay..

it's bound to fsck with the pricing tho.. with the lower work and cost

there's nobody to press the price down, but sellers will start to undercut with the new costs

--edit

why not fix the dispelling mess and have a popup dialog with a drop-down list to choose what to dispel instead?

Edited by Finnn

it has literally 0 impact on the pre-casted tool market because people working the market spam cast on lots of items because it gives you both higher casts due to this "feature" and that a 90+ cast and a bunch of 80+ casts is better than 1 90+ cast. if you think that muh markets is more important than fun gameplay please don't ever become a developer.

• Like 2

if the main issue is the change in the order of spells/imbue/runes... that should be just reported and problem solved, rather than randomly changing the spell system at your whim

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit

weird, comments exploded.

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

if the main issue is the change in the order of spells/imbue/runes... that should be just reported and problem solved

thing is, there's no set order. it's decided at random by java. that doesn't fix the part where you can't dispel decorations that you can't load/pickup, which was reported over a year ago and isn't fixed and most likely won't any time soon. that doesn't fix the problem that you won't ever be able to dispel certain spells without dispelling the previous spells first. as said by sindusk a while back making dispel target certain enchants wasn't something that was easy, so why not just remove the need to dispel all the time in the first place?

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

rather than randomly changing the spell system at your whim

you're aware the suggestion forums is for suggestions right

I'm not familiar with the technicality around the sorting of the spell order and issues to manage them mentioned by sindusk

Griefing is possible with dispelling anything that isn't yours like lamps and strange devices.. come first to into mind.. planting/securing/unloading keeps some sort of permissions, possibly protecting these things for such reason.(had a rune I wanted removed on a smelter, that was not possible to dispel even with load/unload by priest.. replaced the rune instead)

I'm just saying of the problem is another, no need to put a general change into spell improvement for no reason

Anyway, it's suggestions, we're allowed to 'vote' or share opinions.. mine's fix just what needs the fix.. and not to mess with everything in the same section.

also, aye

+1 I feel dispel should create a pop-up dialog or have a right-click context allowing you to select what you want to dispel from an item.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

+1 I feel dispel should create a pop-up dialog or have a right-click context allowing you to select what you want to dispel from an item.

Please dear god this

• Like 4

+1 please have a window where we can select what we want to dispel.

• Like 3

+1 to fixing one of the many issues with priests and casting.

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

I'm not familiar with...

We see this literally every time you post--leave the big boys to talk.

Edited by Delacroix

12 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

+1 to fixing one of the many issues with priests and casting.

We see this literally every time you post--leave the big boys to talk.

sure, let's change the game instead of fixing 1 small issue

"big buoy"

During the priest overhaul this was heavily recommended. And the devs just kinda told us that they didn't want to do it.

Still, huge +1 and I don't understand why it is the way it is.

I'm a noob at enchanting. Are you saying casting on a blnk item has a better chance to go higher?

On 8/18/2020 at 5:07 AM, Eleraan said:

I'm a noob at enchanting. Are you saying casting on a blnk item has a better chance to go higher?

Kind of, each 20 you increase power by, adds 1 to power. for example if you rolled a 90 on a tool with a 0 cast on it already it'd be 94 power but if you improved a 80 cast it'd be 90. because of this enchanting tools with low power casts on them gives higher power average casts and locks the highest enchant levels to casting tools with 0-5 casts on them.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

That's interesting, always wondered why you got a skill tick on a 40 cast

Bump still a bad system

if you're concerned about muh markets or whatever usually stops you might I suggest tying it to rune system replacing the "enchant success" rune line and make add 2.5/5 to the bonus, up to the cap of 5. "enchant success" runes, if you've read how they work before, do literally nothing due to every single priest that's being used for cast already hitting 70 bonus from alignment/altars and the rune is equivalent to standing on a 6ql altar, at best lmao, well worth the .2 seryll they take to make

All in all a system where an existing acceptable cast lowers the chance of a top tier recast and a crap existing enchant raising it is totally wrong.

• Like 1

I would like to see a system where high channeling is actually being rewarded with higher casts regardless of the current cast and some silly RND.

My priest has 96 channeling and can cast anything from 0 to 109. landing a 90+ cast can sometimes takes a lot of tries.

and if we ignore the benediction +5 any priest can cast a 100+ if the rnd gods are in a good mood.

There should be a sliding scale of max cast level based on channeling skill. and the higher the channeling the better odds to cast an higher roll.

• Like 1