Sign in to follow this  
lowborn

JK server crossings?

First off forgive me if I could not find the forum post about this topic. Such a big issue would have multiple conversations.

with that

Why? For how Long? and really!

I am less than two months old. I've not played constantly but my skills are around 35 in areas of interest.

I have noticed that the crossing between Serenity and ummm the black light map are closed. I find this highly questionable. One of the major areas of the game 'I would think' is to get revenge or wage looting wars against ones rivals.

With this ocean crossing closed, how am I to carry out the goals of strength in skills to defend by offence or to loot poor unequipped rivals in a neighbor kingdom?

Do I attack my neighbors and be hunted. Do I loot my own village? What is the goal of closing me to sea traffic. What If I wanted to transport goods and supply to the more popular kingdom. What If I enjoy the prospect of being attacked?

Maybe I am wrong and the ocean has opened in the last month since I have checked. I have read the updates and checked on the forums. Do they want to push players to the private servers. I am grasping for straws but I just don't seem to understand. Yes it is sad when greafers break in and destroy steal and concur. Is that not a large draw to the online game. I don't wish to play unlimited. I prefer to play under the control of the founders of Wurm not some private fleeting server.

My question is When will they open the server to traffic. Sorry for the passionate monolog, It just seemed to go beyond a simple question. 

This may have clues as to why.

I did not read all of it and understood the implications even less.

It is my guess that this has allot to do with server crossings.

I ask that the powers who be see the value in an ongoing online world.

Edited by lowborn

that post has nothing to do with it, it's closed due to the elevation reset, you use the portal at the starting town to get to elevation to engage in pvp.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

that post has nothing to do with it, it's closed due to the elevation reset, you use the portal at the starting town to get to elevation to engage in pvp.

Right, and for a not specified time, all inter server traffic by boat is barred. From here, the question arises, especially after the embarrassing failure of the "PvP community" at Elevation, when or if at all server crossings will be allowed again under the fact that Elevation 3 is dead.

• Like 1

I think this might belong in the Epic section.

It's presumably quite a rare thing, and certainly the first time I've seen it happen. They did it to stop advanced accounts transporting a stack of stuff into the new Elevation and building huge deeds overnight. The idea was everyone would start with nothing and build their way up. Also, to make things easier for (hypothetical) noobs, they suppressed characteristics and nerfed meditation abilities (on Elevation). No one knows how long it will last, but my guess is it will be addressed during the Epic overhaul towards the end of the year.

Do I attack my neighbors and be hunted. Do I loot my own village?

No! This is not what decent players do. Just be patient, keep working on your stats and gear, and wait to see what happens.

Yes it is sad when greafers break in and destroy steal and concur.

That's not what griefers are. Attacking deeds is part of what players do, it's a PvP server. You're talking about doing it yourself; are you a griefer? :P

Don't get me wrong, there are griefers out there. But mostly, the enemy kingdom will just break in, drain your deed, maybe take the odd rare item or HotA statue, kick your ass if it's there, and then leave you in peace. The players I operate with aren't going to kill your animals, needlessly wreck your stuff, steal things they don't want/need, contaminate your storage units, or come back the next day, etc. PvP is supposed to be fun, and it is if we keep it clean. When the wanton destruction starts, well that's when players start getting disillusioned, and no right-thinking player wants that.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2019 at 5:07 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

I would agree with this propaganda except for several reasons.

One rolf never had the inclination to reset the epic servers; no matter how many times he was asked to do so. Not that I can see from years old posts.

Two: they did not reset the skills. Skills are what it takes to build and army and a kingdom. Even so how long does it take to level ground and build walls? Months? I am only two months old and can fight spider and scorpions and I have a walled village. I can pick locks. So what is behind the EXTENDED blockage.

I could be wrong. It just does not seem like the workings of Rolf and if not then what it the reason behind it. 

Beyond what I think: Just open the oceans. The world is 3 times smaller and allot less fun.

Time for building is up. Time for war is now!

you literally use the elevation portal

you take your skills with you

you go to a land with all 3 kingdoms in it

you have your war with the other singular person left on ele http://elevation.wurmonline.com/mrtg/wurm.html

2 minutes ago, lowborn said:

It just does not seem like the workings of Rolf

rolf hasnt been hands on in a few years now so ofc not

Removed as post was rude.

There are now more players on epic. /Who shows between 6 and 21 depending on time and day of the week. 

There is hope and I believe in epic, even if epic is only elevation.

I also respect Mayor Oblivion

To help others make the transition. I suggest....

Bring 5 silver to open a deed as soon as you can. This is needed as its dangerous and you will have no armor or weapons. You need the guards to protect you from anything.

Second: humble yourself to forage for iron and rock to start and craft needed tools as none are around to give them to you.

third take advantage of newcomers and get a trader and sell something at the portal town. They would prefer to buy and there are no traders to sell.

Good luck.

Its more easy to go with the flow than against it. 

Edited by lowborn
humility

you sound like a kid that 10 years ago in the glory days you were about 6 or 7

shame, could've been another madrocks 

Anything good is worth working for.

With that said. They sure make it hard to move to elevation.

Cant take anything with you.

Cant craft a deed stake until you have a saw.

Cant have a saw until you dig a mine and build a forge.

All this while fending off critters.

Its no wonder so few can get established here. Almost think that the powers don't want us too. What are they thinking. Even with coin you must bleed.

I still have dreams and will eventually get this done.

Please put deed stakes on trader located in NewHope

Edited by lowborn
please put deed stakes on trader in NewHope

17 hours ago, Cornchips said:

you sound like a kid that 10 years ago in the glory days you were about 6 or 7

shame, could've been another madrocks 

I did play years ago before many of the improvements.

I played my way. I never tried to gain skills.

I just spent months trying to build some dirt pyramid outside of strongbox bay.

I was called Gramuly.

saying I am like 6 or 7 is giving me credit. 

I recognize your name.

The game was so much fun I wanted to give it another go. This time trying everything I didn't try before.

I haven't given up and I hope the powers that be don't give up.

11 hours ago, lowborn said:

I was called Gramuly.

the savior of jkh

peasants should kneel before his presence

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, lowborn said:

First off forgive me if I could not find the forum post about this topic. Such a big issue would have multiple conversations.

with that

I am less than two months old. I've not played constantly but my skills are around 35 in areas of interest.

I have noticed that the crossing between Serenity and ummm the black light map are closed. I find this highly questionable. One of the major areas of the game 'I would think' is to get revenge or wage looting wars against ones rivals.

With this ocean crossing closed, how am I to carry out the goals of strength in skills to defend by offence or to loot poor unequipped rivals in a neighbor kingdom?

Do I attack my neighbors and be hunted. Do I loot my own village? What is the goal of closing me to sea traffic. What If I wanted to transport goods and supply to the more popular kingdom. What If I enjoy the prospect of being attacked?

Maybe I am wrong and the ocean has opened in the last month since I have checked. I have read the updates and checked on the forums. Do they want to push players to the private servers. I am grasping for straws but I just don't seem to understand. Yes it is sad when greafers break in and destroy steal and concur. Is that not a large draw to the online game. I don't wish to play unlimited. I prefer to play under the control of the founders of Wurm not some private fleeting server.

My question is When will they open the server to traffic. Sorry for the passionate monolog, It just seemed to go beyond a simple question. 

The borders were shut down to limit what items could cross over to elevation. This was done to facilitate a "fresh start". For now just use the portal at any starter deed, just note, you can not take anything.

Currently there is no scheduled time when the borders will be re-opened.

Gramuly? Good grief, I still call that sand tower and peninsula in North Serenity ‘Gramuly point’, since I associate it with you.

Yes it’s annoying that the sea crossings between home servers and Elevation are closed at present, but the reasons are sound, the prevention of high end tools, weapons and armour unbalancing PVP on Elevation following the map reset, it would have been very simple to have stockpiled vast amounts of items on home servers to import back to the new Elevation map, cutting off the home servers and making players transfer naked between Elevation was the least that could be done to keep Elevation ‘pure’ following the reset.

Yes, it’s left the home servers as mainly PvE, with no raiding by other kingdoms possible, see this as a chance to raise a deed and fortify it uninterrupted in the meantime, look for a positive, rather than bemoan the negatives, home servers are rich hunting grounds now, fight and weapon skills are easy to gain in such an environment, when the borders reopen, you’ll be ready, better equipped and more solidly based than if you were getting raided every few days.

• Like 1

Yes Thank you for remembering me in such a fascinating way.

I want to let this thread die.

First I would apologize.

I was confused and acted badly. This thread is an embarrassment to me. I get so excited.

I will behave myself in the future.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, Zenity said:

Yes, it’s left the home servers as mainly PvE, with no raiding by other kingdoms possible, see this as a chance to raise a deed and fortify it uninterrupted in the meantime, look for a positive, rather than bemoan the negatives, home servers are rich hunting grounds now, fight and weapon skills are easy to gain in such an environment, when the borders reopen, you’ll be ready, better equipped and more solidly based than if you were getting raided every few days.

Just...this.

http://elevation.wurmonline.com/mrtg/wurm.html

Yes I know of this player count. The game is based on imagination. They told me not to bemoan what is not and to enjoy what is.

So with that I have a few positive things to say.

One: I have no danger from the evil blacklight players. No players to destroy or at least few players to destroy what I have built.

Two: What little I have to off players willing to venture into Elevation is more useful.  I would have nothing to offer on an old active server. A player is happy to get an iron carving knife.

three: I can pick any location I wish.

four: It gives me time. Maybe things will change and we will see some players come from other areas as things change. One thing I have learned is that things always keep changing on WO.

five: Maybe they will just shut down Elevation and buy me out. Give me some gift to make up for my deed and the work I am putting in. Like the best armor enchanted or sleep potions even silver. Something no one else still has. spyglass.

six: Its all mine. I could be the stongest. The king of Elevation, the one and only.

I could go on but the possibilities are unlimited.

Also I get the enjoyment of trying to grow the players for Elevation. To excite them on what Epic use to be.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/172039-the-evil-blacklight/&tab=comments#comment-1754542

Edited by lowborn
added link

Ive had a new idea as to why they have not opened the oceans.

When they reset the servers they erased by mistake all the connecting points on the ocean and now each one must be reentered.

I only think this because it just does not make sense that they would leave them closed after such a failure.

I guess we must wait till after steam. They said they would work on epic after that time. I assume this is what they are talking about.

11 minutes ago, lowborn said:

When they reset the servers they erased by mistake all the connecting points on the ocean and now each one must be reentered.

I only think this because it just does not make sense that they would leave them closed after such a failure.

267c5b402adefa1ca9f591e5fe795fc1.png don't think that's it chief

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

267c5b402adefa1ca9f591e5fe795fc1.png don't think that's it chief

Hit that button Admiral Q

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:23 PM, lowborn said:

Ive had a new idea as to why they have not opened the oceans.

I guess we must wait till after steam. They said they would work on epic after that time. I assume this is what they are talking about.

Or rather, the answer was already given?

On 10/8/2019 at 3:15 AM, ausimus said:

The borders were shut down to limit what items could cross over to elevation. This was done to facilitate a "fresh start". For now just use the portal at any starter deed, just note, you can not take anything.

Currently there is no scheduled time when the borders will be re-opened.

Master Shrimpiie, you may know things we don't know. You may have plans. Maybe you want to protect us but the masses don't see what you see. We see a blockade: big government holding us back. We don't need protection. We need freedom. Open the servers; it only slows our growth.

free-elevation.jpg

Edited by lowborn