Sign in to follow this  
Faldor

beacon question

I did build a new beacon and try the make a deed (5x5x5x5) but get the message ' You cannot found a settlement within Jackal's influence.'

My beacon is QL31 and the surrounding land is green. 

Also no enemy beacon visible.

What I am missing or doing wrong ?

• Like 1

After a bit of help from the CA channel was it clear that the place was to deep in the current Jackal space.

• Like 1

That is useful to know.

On a related question, I have been spotting Jackal Beacons where there are no mobs - presumably defeated - but at most only one or two hearts burnt..

What is going on? Are the beacons deliberately not being removed, or is it simply that the mobs are not giving enough hearts to destroy them?

report in server bugs and "ask for message explaining things better".. this is bound to bug others

On 9/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, Wulfmaer said:

That is useful to know.

On a related question, I have been spotting Jackal Beacons where there are no mobs - presumably defeated - but at most only one or two hearts burnt..

What is going on? Are the beacons deliberately not being removed, or is it simply that the mobs are not giving enough hearts to destroy them?

Yeah, there aren't enough hearts sometimes, and other times it seems players just don't care. You get both the jackal points and ability to harvest rift mats when you defeat all defenders, already. Unlike rifts, you don't have to close it.

The only incentives for doing it are 1-2 additional points sometimes, which is no biggie. And, perhaps, closing them counts / should count for the server mission, but that's not always enough of an incentive to try too hard. (you can do it later, or you can ignore and bet that someone who cares enough will clean up after you...)

I believe it would be best if at least one of those two - jackal points and/or ability to harvest -, would happen only AFTER the beacon was closed. Then it would matter. If that happens, I hope that such change comes with more beasts or ability to use source, because other than server restarts or long sailing in the corruption, it is difficult to get all hearts.