Sign in to follow this  
Cheef

Client can't update

For last few hours having a trouble: lounching the game and client stucks on updating files.

Retrying update don't do any better.

DlP9F1lr70_thumb.jpg

Same problem. It happened first time yesterday, but I was able to log in couple hours later. Today, fails every time I try to log in.

Just experienced the same problem as well. Worked fine earlier today and now it wouldn't even launch.

Just tried here, worked fine, except I had a small window for the update progress than game was updated and launcher showed up, logged fine

Double checked if it wasn't accidentally.. jnlp shortcut from desktop.. no.. it's the new launcher: WurmLauncher64.exe - no issues here

Possibly downloads corrupt from packet loss?

Is there a verification method for the downloaded content?

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Just tried here, worked fine, except I had a small window for the update progress than game was updated and launcher showed up, logged fine

Double checked if it wasn't accidentally.. jnlp shortcut from desktop.. no.. it's the new launcher: WurmLauncher64.exe - no issues here

Possibly downloads corrupt from packet loss?

Is there a verification method for the downloaded content?

This update supposed to be exactly that "verification method" but launcher can't connect to server to verify our files.

It tryes to connect to update server but can't reach it.

I tryed it on three differend internet providers and two different computers: all the same - no update

i found solution by turning on VPN for connecting to update server, then you can turn it off when in game

but i hope this will be fixed, dont want to use "Crutch" to launch the game

if the vpn fixes your issue... it's dns or packet loss.. pick your poison, but network issue either way

i thinked of DNS ban in my region, but this topic confirms that it isnt only my region after all

and no packet loss bc i pinged it, and no packet loss occur

It works for me again. No changes on my end, no vpn, but suddenly it just works. I have had no problem with anything else either, so hard to track down any reason.

as it happens randomly to work and not.. that means nothing :)

if it was sure that it's not from player's end.. what's left is the service that provides the patch check and download location, if it comes to checking that... logs could show some fails or dead unusual time with no activity etc..

And the problem is back. Still no changes of any kind in my end, but now I'm getting this Error opening connection to patch server every time I start the launcher.

• Like 1

so far nobody decided to suggest any help so.. you're on your own

try what worked for others so far.. any free vpn... just to patch your game

Tryed to use some VPN and it makes update server working for most of regions, but when i choose my region it doesn't work agan.

So I don't know why, but update server doesn't want to work with russian region :(

You can update the game with vpn but you haven't tried to login?

You just update and turn off vpn, than try to start launcher and login -> but it fails to update and wont let you login because of the failed update check?

(trying to narrow things down, any detail you share here could help the devs find the cause)

--edit

have you tried to vpn:on -> update + keep launcher as it is patched -> vpn:off -> login into the game from the started launcher that's patched? (if that's your case)

Edited by Finnn

I have tried with vpn (tried a few locations including Sweden) and it doesn't help. Overall, it would be strange if vpn really did have any effect on this. 

Also thanks Finnn for trying to help.

• Like 1

You shouldn't be forced to use vpn... but if it overrides dns cache or partially fixes packet loss etc.. w/e network issue, could have been a workaround.

any way to ping staff/devs here? @Alectrys @Keenanetc?

Are you able to open www.wurmonline.com ? The client's files are hosted on the same server. If you can't then there's not much we can do as there's something blocking it from outside of our control.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Are you able to open www.wurmonline.com ? The client's files are hosted on the same server. If you can't then there's not much we can do as there's something blocking it from outside of our control.

Yes. I can open everything.

But update is not working

I use vpn to start wurm louncher and right after it says that files updated (just a few secs at start) I turn off vpn and continue lounching client (with login and password) as usual with my local IPs.

And having no problems with login in the game or opening any site (even wurm related).

But making all this dances with vpn is very annoying.

Today louncher updated and now client-update forks fine, for now....

• Like 1