Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

"Pick all" for planter racks

As title, action on a planter rack that starts a leveling/bulk transfer-esque action that picks every single planter inside. Maybe one for planting too, seeing as it doesn't seem like we're getting a working keybind anytime soon lol

• Like 2

+1

This would be great! Would make replanting/harvesting these so much easier:
lRGkc3Y.jpg

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 2

100% even if it has to come at the cost of slowing down each individual pull. 

• Like 1

At least give a keybind.

Mega +1

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

As much as I'd benefit from this personally, it feels like a change in the wrong direction. Herb-farming for Nahjo/Lib favour is already OP as it is, and this would make it even more so.

• Like 2

I prefer less carpal inducing gameplay over balance to be honest. And if herbs are OP, they need to be tweaked, simple as that.

And don't hit me with the "less afk gameplay" cudgel. That pretense needs to stop, I get why 3 minute timers in fishing were too cheesy but that's as far as I'd go. Wurm grind and farming (of anything) is mostly waiting for timers, making us fidget around in between them isn't fun. If It's a click or several to fill the queue, that's cool, but planter racks are a great example of Wurm at its worst.

• Like 2

I would be happy with different names for picked and ones that can be picked so i can sort them by name atleast.

• Like 4

+1

Yes please! I almost went crazy picking up 1000 things each day for three weeks!

+1 Increase overall time some to provide a choice of manually blazing through them if short on time or doing a bit more hands off a bit slower.

• Like 2

this have been suggested so many times now, nobody cares apparently

after the planting of woad, no show stoppers, still dead waters for this : /

This would indeed be a nice change. I could live with key binds and pots being different weight or different names when needing picked for sorting.

Planters and planter racks are already very easy to maintain and pick, and extremely space-efficient. I don't know if it would be a good idea to further trivialize mass-harvesting of herbs & spices, considering how short the actions are. Picking an entire planter rack would only take a few seconds and a single click if this were implemented.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 7:22 AM, LionIX said:

+1 Increase overall time some to provide a choice of manually blazing through them if short on time or doing a bit more hands off a bit slower.

Agreed.  It would be a simple thing to adjust the time when using pick-all so that the OPness would be mitigated & hopefully smooth the ruffled feathers of those who always seem to think anything with less mouse clicks would be OP.  All it would do is reduce the number of mouse clicks, which is a good thing, imo.  It works fantastic in WU and hasn't upset the balance of the game, even a little bit.

+1

• Like 1

if extra timer's added -> keep both mechanics working.... keybind -> slower to annoy the .... out of people and right click -> pick(maxactions possible)

that will keep the fast current timer .. and get the new annoyance in the game 'yay'

All I really want is just a bind for it. Please this is a huge oversight.

Edited by Wiolo

Many threads with the same request.  Hopefully somewhere someone reads one of them and sees the QoL difference this will make.

+1  I'd even suffer less skill gain and much longer timer spent in lieu of having to do it via individual clicks

One workaround I can suggest is to only plant as many of a given herb in each rack as you have actions in your queue. Then you can right click pick the stack of each herb type (6 stacks at 5 actions, 5@6, 7@4, 4@7, etc) rather than having to find individual pots to pick.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, Gwyn said:

As much as I'd benefit from this personally, it feels like a change in the wrong direction. Herb-farming for Nahjo/Lib favour is already OP as it is, and this would make it even more so.

+1

Who is this Nahjo you speak of? 

I think they changed herb saccing for lib?

7 hours ago, Killroth said:

+1

Who is this Nahjo you speak of? 

I think they changed herb saccing for lib?

Yes. Now the animal parts (tails hoofs eyes teeth hearts glands etc) are Libila's 2x favor item.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:37 PM, Ostentatio said:

Planters and planter racks are already very easy to maintain and pick, and extremely space-efficient. I don't know if it would be a good idea to further trivialize mass-harvesting of herbs & spices, considering how short the actions are. Picking an entire planter rack would only take a few seconds and a single click if this were implemented.

Isnt it fun to carefully move your mouse over X things and press a button? Isnt it fun to have to check every single one of them if they are havestable yet?