Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

VI discontinued?

Last VI was released on August 14. Today should had been the release of the 3rd VI since then. Lots of things have happened since then and there is not even a peep of our beloved biweekly news. I don't know about you guys but I always look forward to this as it sums up all whats going on with WU.

@Retrogradedid you give up on the project or is there really nothing newsworthy happening for this whole month?

There are streams.. fan made news in a small community might be a bit of a stretch...

Not that much new stuff happening in the mix, but I'm probably wrong as all random community projects keep living around... under the radar of the other 90+% of the players until there's a post, screenshot.. or other way to learn about the stuff that have been happening around the same/other server/s.

I feel like its a trend in the gaming industry.  Eve-Online has also taken the path of no information on what is currently being worked on.  And it creates no hype and people get bored with no idea what the future holds.  As a developer myself, this kinda of silence on future products always kind of irks me.  I understand that everyone says, well we didn't want to fail to deliver.  But, my response is so what?  Just explain why you went another path.

To explain the reason why to constantly tell people whats in the pipe line and provide details, I want to use Civilizations and the one more turn desire.  Because you have short term, medium term and long term goals that you are trying to achieve in Civilizations game , you constantly want one more turn.  

When you are playing wurm, your short term goals are the things you are doing every day, your chores.  Your Medium term goals are projects you can do, and are working toward.  Your long term goals, are the features you are looking forward to.  

For me as a vet, when I was active and playing frequently, my short term goals were my daily chores, and my medium term goals was completing my deed.  My long term goals were, things like, Bridges, Multi Story hosing, new building types, building in caves.  When these things became medium term goals and eventually completed... I ran out of long term goals.   Honestly,  I haven't had a long term goal, for a long time.  Tich's new fishing system was something I was looking forward to, but I was not completely thrilled with it.  After that I have been kinda lost as to whats coming down the pipe and either ill informed or just lacking interest in whats being developed.  

Anyway, just my ramblings on this topic, do what you want with them.