Sign in to follow this  
Veldez

Launching different maps

Hi all. Trying to get back into playing WU after a couple years, and I cannot for the life of me remember how to select a map from the launcher. I downloaded a new one that I liked the looks of, and unzipped it into a new folder, but I do not remember what to do after that. Any help would be appreciated.

Usually what I do, is make a COPY of the default Creative map. Rename that folder from Copy-Creative  to  MyNewLand(whatever). Dump into there all of the NEW map files and let them overwrite any of the default files. Find the UPDATE DATABASE bat file and run that. Then MANAGE SERVER and you should have an option to select MyNewLand (it should want to update Server) .  Change the server name from New Creative Server to MyNewLand and set all the settings.

There are also a couple youtube videos on "how to launch a custom map" that walk you through (I am not sure whether there have been changes since this video was released -- I think she uses a SQL database editor and some other apps that are  not required  unless you want to do things like remove the original standing stone spawns or whatever they were called ... 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors