Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Rift mob feedback

we didn't have *too* much of a problem with it using BT+venom weapons

BT+venom?

Wiki says that BT and venom do not stack.

Beyond that, ok, BT weapons may be a good idea as it is, if i am informed correctly, the only weapon causing damage over time (or does venom, too?), so could halt or slow down the WM's healup.

Generally, very interesting informations, thank you. Yet some of the notes sound bit outworldly (won't blame for arrogance). Most players participating in rifts come with their usual PvE equipment, mostly comprising of weapons with LT (lol or not). I think that it does not necessarily need 8+ participants to take down the WM, but it needs some 3-5 participants with sufficiently high and sustained damage dealt.

I managed to hold the WM at bay with his health at least not significantly rising when tanking it alone with elemental immunity. My drawback was the relatively low CR (82FS at that time), and prolly imperfect weapon (huge axe ql80 nim77 and, yes LT). With a second stronger player sustaining pressure, and a few other participants avoiding the AoE we might have taken him down.

As to people "running like headless chickens" I can't totally blame them to run when taking 5%health dmg per second. Yet I agree that they should try to retreat in the same direction and regroup as fast as possible.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

BT+venom?

Wiki says that BT and venom do not stack.

Beyond that, ok, BT weapons may be a good idea as it is, if i am informed correctly, the only weapon causing damage over time (or does venom, too?), so could halt or slow down the WM's healup.

As to people "running like headless chickens" I can't totally blame them to run when taking 5%health dmg per second. Yet I agree that they should try to retreat in the same direction and regroup as fast as possible.

I had a BT staff, he had venom. Not sure what the other two had. As for the headless chickens we had a few times on one rift where people were running away from WM despite still having like 75% health and rather than just leaving the rift zone, just ran in circles so nothing happened other than people losing their focus. This was the first rift that I got hit that hard that often from AoE's

45 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I had a BT staff, he had venom. Not sure what the other two had. As for the headless chickens we had a few times on one rift where people were running away from WM despite still having like 75% health and rather than just leaving the rift zone, just ran in circles so nothing happened other than people losing their focus. This was the first rift that I got hit that hard that often from AoE's

Ok, so one BT, one venom. If I understood right, BT does DoT, and venom is stacking so in a way does damage over time as well. I got the point that they are more helpful against WM than demise spells. 

A problem is that when the WM took agro on a player, he will attempt to pursue even beyond the rift area, and yes, I don't appreciate either when people disrupt my focus, but try not to be arrogant as I am often protected against AoE by elemental immunity. The main problem with "headless chickens" is missing leadership or common strategy. My impression is that the more participants, the higher the likelyness that people behave in unpredictable ways.