Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Use up things like cotton & wool

I think it would be more stimulating to make more reasons to use up things like cotton and wool. I'm getting stores of stuff like this.

Start using it, ditch LT weapons and go hunting often, cotton will start to deplete

There are tons of sails, sheets, squares items you could make in bulk to use or sell.

Other than that.. have you thought about some new use that you could share?

• Like 1

hmmm I googled cotton quickly and most of the basic uses are already in game. I did think about including I don't do much if any shipbuilding. Maybe I jumped the gun a little..maybe not. It's an item I'm considering getting into more so it's somewhere in the back of my mind is prolly why I've posted this.

tailoring is one of those skills that definitely needs a lot more content, particularly on the high end.  There should be things that only a high level tailor could make, that take a LOT of time.  Dresses, and such.  Unique hats, scarves, capes...

Edited by jonsnow
  • Like 3

Real cloth armor would be good.  Put the dr on par with studded/chain but with cloth modifiers changed to be more in line with others. Neutral casting/archery. Maybe speed a little faster than studded.

Maybe make a system for linen and make the creation use a fair bit of it (many layers). If not then use wool. 

That'd make CT on par with leatherworking. I'll probably make a more full topic for the system when I get some time. (and for realism cloth armor is quite effective)

More material types like wool/cotton maybe? linen etc?

High level stuff is lacking. I guess some ~70-90+ level req items would be nice ( that goes for all crafter skills ), some more bonus to grind that high besides easier imps and other.

Also wool is a joke, hard to acquire and not much stuff to make. In my opinion only thing that it is good for is tapestries. Yea hats are nice but they don't offer any incentive besides looks to make/use.

Maybe add ability to make gambeson out of wool ( linen if you add that ) which could boost plate/chain DR somewhat more and can be used on it's own.