Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2019

[13:01:44] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 1st clue is I love it warm but orange you glad im not in there.

[13:24:21] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - a key has been found by Kasumi

[13:26:21] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 2nd clue is I'm the freshes spot around with all this salty water.

[13:40:31] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - a key has been found by Elregis

[13:55:43] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 3rd clue is im all wet but i dont have sand on my feet, just rock.

[14:19:06] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 4th clue is I'm near island's egde can you find me now?

[14:44:06] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 5th clue is Help me there is a Cave Bug near by! Can someone save me?

/me Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - 6th clue is Well its like i have my own little pool of water. :D

[15:28:43] Dracaa Impalong Scavenger Hunt Part VI - a key has been found by Fearil

Edited by Dracaa

The Scavenger Hunt, Part VII is now LIVE!

- Pandamonium Wagon Key: FOUND

- Oleander Sailboat Key: N/A

Hint 1: The keys are located offdeed, and in the southern half of the island.

Hint 2: The key is NOT on rock or steppe tiles.

Hint 3: Check those coastal cedars!

And Dracaa has located the key to the Pandamonium Wagon!

It was in a satchel on a tower guard in the SW of the island!

And Gumbert found the last key to the Oleander Sailboat!

It was on the corner tile between 4 tiles, and the cedar tree to its NW dictated what's on that corner tile, thus a pile of items dropped on the cedar tree pulled the key with it.

The Storage Wurms has been split into 2 events. The first 5 lockers will take place at 10AM PST, the other 5 will be at 4PM PST.

Time Atimer_E1576346442.svg

Time Btimer_E1576368053.svg

• Like 1

In the hopes of drumming up interest for tomorrow's Storage Wurms event, the following is a screenshot of the items I have left across my Impalong alts by the end of this Impalong. A majority will go into various Storage Wurms lockers for bidding on tomorrow, and the remainder will likely be donated to players or other future Impalongs.

leNBkq3.png

Also, the Scavenger Hunt will commence after the first Storage Wurms has concluded tomorrow, the prizes I have left are:

• Corbita
  • Knarr
  • Sailboat(Blueberry)
  • Sailboat(Hazelnut)
  • Wagon, Legion of Anubis
  • Crown of the Troll King
  • Rare Bone of Retrograde's Innocence
  • 100.00ql Rare Fishing Net
  • Like 3

The final Scavenger Hunt has begun folks!

[11:55:52] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Alrighty folks, it is about that time, so gather round and listen close, because this one will be a doozy!
[11:56:43] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I have placed the following EIGHT keys out across the island, the prizes are:
[11:57:52] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - LoA Wagon, Knarr, Corbita, 2x Sailboats, Troll King Crown, Rare Bone, and a 100.00ql RARE Fishing Net.
[11:58:16] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I have spread the keys across the ENTIRE island, not just an isolated area.
[11:58:40] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - If you have already wont a Scavenger Hunt this Impalong, you are NOT eligible to participate.
[11:59:23] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - You may only win once, so if you find a key that is a valid key, then you do not get to hunt anymore.
[11:59:50] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - You may use any means at your disposal to locate these keys.
[12:00:38] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I will be posting hints as necessary to the main Impalong thread here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/171787-blackmoor-christmas-impalong-2019/
[12:00:53] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - And to the Impalong Discord here: https://discord.gg/eD3htn
[12:01:04] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I will also be posting them to this Impalong local.
[12:01:30] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Due to the scope of this hunt I will NOT be posting them to all the related locals for hunters to please keep updated, anad pass along information across
[12:01:33] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - locals as you see
[12:01:58] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - To clarify, any means at your disposal does not mean but is not limited to:
[12:02:19] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Chopping trees down, packing tiles, terraforming in anyways, altering trees/bushes ect.
[12:02:47] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - We that live here on this island attempt to keep this island in  nice pristine state that makes for good hunting among other things, so please be respectful.
[12:03:31] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Any questions?
[12:03:43] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Actually one more thing
[12:04:11] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Due to the scope again of this hunt, I will post a set of hints to start, but then no more hints for at least an hour minimum.
[12:04:33] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Also, if you find a key, PM me, with the quality of the key, the renamed name if applicable, and EXACTLY where you found it.
[12:04:50] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Such as tree, bush, none, age, where, exact details.
[12:05:21] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - So with that, your first and only hint for a while is:
[12:06:02] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - The keys are ONLY offdeed, ABOVEGROUND, and do not go more than a few tiles into the water's edge.
[12:06:13] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Remember they can be anywhere else on the island though.
[12:06:16] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - So, with that....
[12:06:20] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Happy Hunting!

Hint 1: The keys are ONLY offdeed, ABOVEGROUND, and do not go more than a few tiles into the water's edge.

Hint 2: Check those coastal terrain rock visuals, especially those in the south, up to a few tiles into the water!

Hint 2.5: Don't forget to check the sexy volcano!

Hint 3: I only place keys in places I can personally reach on horseback.

Hint 4: I would check those more eastern tiles folks, the more, hilly kind, away from the slope down to the water.

Hint 5: I would check the east, especially the rock tiles there.
Hint 6: I would also check those nice flat grasslands to the south as well for a key.
Hint 7: Lastly, check the western steppe, especially on them hills!

Morning fireworks worked well!

I will do another later for whoever is left as well, in about 6-7 hours.

nP4rQBY.png

5vJLSbK.png

• Like 5

Thanks to Shrimpiie, the Staff and everyone who came to the Shrimpalong 2019!

I had a great time, many laughs and a fair amount of snark. (Looking at you, Snarkin!)  Still, I had lots of fun. Thanks for having me. For the record, I didn't hit the title, but I ended with [15:19:07] Blacksmithing increased by 0.000008 to 99.999329!   Look for my victory BEFORE 2050.

• Like 2

Awesomely successful, good times great staff fantastic host (Shrimpiie).  Priest hit 90 fatih great sermon group!

Extra added bonus was  this wonderful chair  that was there to sit in although sometimes i did end up on Pandy's lap but that was confortable too! :)

I will be around for fireworks V2, I look forward to the (proper) finale ;)

With this Impalong's antics I have come up with some new long term games and adventures to deploy this coming year.

• Like 2

The evening Fireworks also worked very well and someone had the smart idea to go to the arena as well and fire off fireworks!

mAA6N8F.png

d2L8UiJ.png

Q4mnVOA.png

q0rdvB9.png

• Like 3

Thanks Shrimpiie and friends for a great impalong. I missed the fireworks at the close but was there on and off throughout the week and both did an imp and got imped (ooh err!) and took part in games and shenangians. Lovely to actually spend some time with other folks in the comunity. 10/10 would imp again. :)

Thanks to staff, casters and all for this great impalong !

Thanks so much to Shrimpiie and all the staff and impers. I'm sad I wasn't able to be there more due to life and computer issues, but I still had fun! :D Looking forward to Shrimpalong 2021, when you come back after realizing what your life was missing. 

• Cat 1

Thank you all for coming and making this Impalong special! Great people, great fun and of course... many, many thanks to Shrimpiie for organizing it all.

For those who don't know yet, it takes a long time, effort and money to put an Impalong of this scope. Shrimpiie usually begins working on one very shortly after the previous one is over. While he is now retiring from the Impalong business, his four Shrimpalongs will now go down in the history of Wurm.

Well done and here is to the memories!

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I just wanted to add my thanks to Shrimpiie, Impers, Staff and Enchanters as well.

I am only in my 2nd month in game and I was dragged along at short notice to this event by xvBabyvx, who suggested it would be amazing for me. I said, "sure", not knowing what the hell I was getting into. I quickly grabbed all my tools and raced up the road on my new steed to join her on the journey to Blackmoor. 

I arrived and had no idea what to do, with the vague understanding that my tools would be better when I left. First up I found I had a room at the Inn complete with a bed for that much needed Sleep Bonus,  I felt a little bit special :)

Over the next few days I dumped my tools into the forges and was amazed to see these high end QL tools come out...they were mine! Then it was explained that I can get them enchanted to help boost my skill gain, simply amazing...and for free, all thanks to the generosity of those in attendance. A bonus on top of that was the fact that I could then Imp other peoples tools and increase my skill gain!  *Disclaimer, my imping was low rate but others perfected them after I finished, phew.

When I arrived I had 30kg in my inventory, when I left I could hardly walk because of the weight!

From a new player to the community, thankyou for your help and generous spirits, I will always remember this, my very first Impalong.

• Like 6
  • Cat 1