Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2019

I see you got me down for imping already but could please use a room for GoldFever and GoldDust.  Hope to be chain casting Vyn stuff with GoldDust as much as I can. Thanks.

pop my name down to imp on Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Masonry, Stone cutting, Leather working, Cloth Tailoring.

I'm interested in setting up an area where people can come for forge/ oven imps if you're interested? lemme know and we can talk details on getting an area set up for it, can bring extra shards if needed.

Also a bed, please :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ehizellbob said:

I'm interested in setting up an area where people can come for forge/ oven imps if you're interested? lemme know and we can talk details on getting an area set up for it, can bring extra shards if needed.

That might be best in a shed few tiles near boats/water and having a moving wagon maybe? loading such into a boat or wagon will be much easier to imp these when you see imp action icon, compared to reading event log.

• Like 1

My plan this year:

• 1. First off. It's very simple. I'm not here to complain or cause drama. I'm here to imp and get skill. In the end, getting my skills up IS the reward.
  • 2. That said, I showed up to the impalong last year BEFORE the event even started officially and I was already working on BS items. I was the highest BS there. I ended up getting my BS to 97 skill thanks to last year's lunalong and impalong.
  • 3. This year, I'm shifting my focus to PAS as my skill is currently 94. I would like to get that skill up to where my BS is before I switch to  Jewelry Smithing or Shield Smithing next. This means I do not plan on doing BS imps this year.
  • 4. As my health continues to degrade and I'm fast approaching a 3rd liver transplant surgery, I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to attend this year's impalong if by bad luck I end up in the hospital ER again. Otherwise, I will be there!
  • 5. Any tips are greatly appreciated for my imping services but definitely not required. If things work out and I'm able to attend on the last day, I will do like I did last year and focus on getting people's rares up to 91QL.
  • 6. I'll be bringing my two priests, Mylulv (Vynora; 100 faith) and Worldtender (Fo; 86 faith). Mylulv will just stand around as an extra body for larger sermon ticks and Worldtender will be in attendance until he reaches 100 faith.
  • 7. If I have time to use my priests to perform some casts, I shall do so but if I'm too busy smithing like I was last year, it's too much multitasking for my taste and I'll probably just help when we're running behind on casting.

Finally, I just want to say that last year one of the issues I noticed was priests running behind when it came to casting items. The priests need to be more on top of that this year. The more priests we have, the merrier. Last but not least, let's all use a common sermon format so we can stay consistent. I spent a lot of time tracking the sermon queue and posting updates last year but frankly it wasn't easy given we didn't always know who was on, who went last, etc. Some of us have to sleep you know so when we come back and we have to pickup the sermon queue because nobody has been keeping track, it's kinda difficult at times. In any case, I'm hoping I won't have to babysit the sermon queue so much this year to get it right and keep it on track. Perhaps others have ideas on how to better manage the sermon queue this year. Maybe assign some people who want to volunteer at different times of the day/night to see how much coverage we have and then they can post updates on the queue status somewhere? I don't know, just throwing it out there.

P.S. I do prefer using a dedicated forge for myself that people can just fill up. That's just how I do things and it's how I did things last year. I focus on everything in one forge and usually I'm busy enough with items going in and coming out that I don't even need to look at the other forges. On rare occasion, I may have to in order to keep working but last year that seldom happened. I worked out of the same forge almost the entire event.

Edited by Neville
Updated a couple of details.

Much woot to ya, Shrimps; I love impalongs :)  I will bring Atheline who does BS, carp, FC, and masonry.  I am also happy to help as staff if you need any more.  Also, I might be able to donate a prize or two, will PM you about that.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Will be there with myself, working on whatever needs help... 

Also, Salacia (91 channeling vyn) and Fragglerock (hopefully 70 channeling by then for LT casts).

On 10/2/2019 at 10:24 PM, Neville said:

Finally, I just want to say that last year one of the issues I noticed was priests running behind when it came to casting items. The priests need to be more on top of that this year

Sorry, this is just offensive to those of us who spent hours upon hours casting. The simple truth is while there are a lot of priests around, few are able to cast. As you yourself just stated, your priests are just bodies. Don't get me wrong, this is GREAT for those just grinding faith (thank you for the bodies, truly!) it gives the appearance of many priests available for casting. This is simply not the case. It is also why I am furiously working to have my Fo priest ready. 

On another note, I will again offer rune attaching at the Shrimpalong. My soul depth is 55.55 currently, and will be over 56 by the event. Bring your runes and items, and I'll do my best to attach.

I need three beds please Shrimps (CD, Salacia, Fragglerock)

Rothschild - 70+ carpentry, fletching, LW, masonry, WS, PAS, SS, and blacksmithing, looking forward to imping!

Velfor - 90+ channeling Vyn priest for casting

Sexmetalbarbie - 70+ channeling sme priest for BotD, and web, and maybe some LT

I would like to help out at the impalong if you would have me. I can help out in the following areas

Chemiq - 97 Leather Working, 95 Plate Smithing (Can help out in some other areas if needed)

Brattygirlsback - 92 Masonry, 90 HFC, 88 Baking (I don't see baking or hfc on the list but figured I would post it. Incase some of the impers need meals or such to eat)

Howdy Shrimpiie,

I'd seen another impalong coming up and offered them some booze. Seems like it might be a bit too much lol. So since your impalong is coming up shortly after theirs I'd thought I could split the amount I had on hand to give away between the two events.

I did a look through my main wine barrel racks and looks like I have 15 barrels of moonshine, 4 barrels of vodka, 9 barrels of whiskey I can spare with out dropping too low.  Should all be atleast 90 ql and just a rough guess 20 or 30 barrels of various ales 60 to 70 ql.

So splitting that between the two, assuming they or you even want it that is what I have to toss out atm.  As with my previous post if you or someone wants to swing by some time and pick em up it is all yours. If not I'll just make some more racks >.<

• Like 1

Woot. Another Shrimpalong!

Looking forward to seeing you all there. I'll be doing leatherworking, as always, and helping Shrimpster with some maintenance stuff. Knowing him, I'll probably be sweeping the floors, but hey... what the hell, free food!

Bring all your leather items!

Valdor

Hello Shrimpiie,

I'll also be able to provide Carpentry imping, in addition to Blacksmithing imping.

Count me in again this year for Blacksmithing.  And an inn room if there's still room available. :)

I'd be happy to help.   I've got 87 in Carpentry, 80 in Fine Carp, 76 Pottery, and 75 Cloth Tailoring.  Put me where you need me.  I'd appreciate a bed if there's still one available.

Been a while since I've been to an impalong so would love to attend this!

Put me down for Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Cloth Tailoring, Fine Carp, Jewelry Smithing, Leatherworking, Masonry and Plate Armour Smithing ^_^

16 hours ago, Kasumi said:

Put me down for Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Cloth Tailoring, Fine Carp, Jewelry Smithing, Leatherworking, Masonry and Plate Armour Smithing ^_^

You know, you just have to add stamp collecting to the above list and you'll have all the Wurm skills covered :)

6 hours ago, Valdor said:

ou know, you just have to add stamp collecting to the above list and you'll have all the Wurm skills covered :)

Jane of all trades, Mistress of none! :P 

I'm sad I can't be added to the toymaking yet! Maybe next year!

Also stamp collecting in wurm should totally be a thing...

So I have let this go far too long without an update of about any sort and I greatly apologize folks!

I have been blazing away at a ton of things for this year:

The Impers:

Spoiler

All imper lists have been updated, if there are any mispellings, errors, or anything of the sort let me know.

Remember that this list is not comprehensive and is really just more to display the wide variety of Wurmians attending, and just because you are not on the list, or don't feel like you have sufficient skills to help does not by any means mean, that you can't help! Anyone with any skill level is free to do as much imping as they choose, there are no rules regulating that.

The Games:

Spoiler
  1. There will be no DoND this year I regret to announce, as that is a historically Gumbo-hosted event, and I cannot seem to pull him out of Wurm retirement this year, so apologies if anyone was hanging on that game :(
  2. Next I have moved the Storage Wurms event to 8am my time. This should place it nicely within reach of mostly everyone.
  3. I have scaled the fighting event time back to 6am my time. This should place it nicely within the reach of mostly everyone, with the lads from the land down under staying up just a tad later to play(best I could do). The proceeds of the game that were supposed to go towards Gumbo's DoND event are instead going to be randomly rolled to local players.
  4. I have moved the times of the scavenger events and added a few more for the same day to hit as many players as I could.
  5. I have moved the time of the hawkeye tournament to catch more folks online as well.
  6. I have added in the game of Wurmian Chess, which is available for anyone to play at any time!

I have a ton more prizes to update with the games, so just assume there are plenty more juicy ones including several more wagons, some Arch. statues, specialty rares and the like; I will be updating the images this weekend.

The Beds:

Spoiler

Please post here if you would like to reserve a room!

Rooms are by appointment only and only Impalong staffers and myself have the access to add players to rooms, so make sure to get those reservations in folks.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, hvergi said:

I'll be there, wedged in at the furnaces like normal. If you are taking reservations for the inn,. I'll claim a spot :)

I have assigned you room 14 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 9/23/2019 at 9:34 AM, Madnath said:

The Shrimpalong is always fantastic fun for everyone who bothers to go.

Can I get a room for Madnath please? And mark me down as imping carpentry, fine carpentry, fletching, jewelrysmithing, plate armour smithing and weaponsmithing.

I have assigned you room 18 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 9/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Ekcin said:

Do we have to book beds?  As to imping, count me in for Carp, BS, JS, SC, FC, Pottery, Shipbuilding, maybe helping bit  with LW and WS .

I have assigned you room 11 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 9/24/2019 at 12:43 AM, Warjack said:

Great! Looking forward to it. Could you reserve a room for me please?

I have assigned you room 12 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 9/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, GoldFever said:

I see you got me down for imping already but could please use a room for GoldFever and GoldDust.  Hope to be chain casting Vyn stuff with GoldDust as much as I can. Thanks.

I have assigned you room 21/22 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 11/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, Kyoko said:

Count me in again this year for Blacksmithing.  And an inn room if there's still room available. :)

I have assigned you room 23 in Freedom Inn (East).

On 11/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, AgentQwarty said:

I'd be happy to help.   I've got 87 in Carpentry, 80 in Fine Carp, 76 Pottery, and 75 Cloth Tailoring.  Put me where you need me.  I'd appreciate a bed if there's still one available.

I have assigned you room 24 in Freedom Inn (East).

Lastly, I plan this to be the final Impalong I host here at Blackmoor. It has been a wild 4 years(almost) of hosting, but alas a lot of factors have contributed to this decision :(

• Front and center is that I am getting married next September, and simply cannot devote the volume of time necessary to ensure the Impalong is up to snuff so to speak. I do spend most of the year on these things!
  • Next is the financials. When it comes to Wurm I simply let myself get carried away with spending, mainly supplies for more construction of the deed for the Impalong, along with everything from prizes to Impalong materials. The reason why I spend on the Impalong rather than prod the community is that I can better ensure the quality of volume of material when purchased, and leave it as one less thing to worry about come Impalong time. What I have encountered at far too many Impalongs was a shortage mainly of resources, or of prizes ect, and that is something I simply never wanted to allow.
  • Next is time/sanity, as I said I work on these things year-round, and especially come Impalong time, I devote quite a lot of that precious resource towards it. I enjoy doing it, to give back to the community, but it s quite an affair to solo host an Impalong on the scale that everyone deserves; and especially last year I was quite at the end of what a single person could manage/run. Sanity, that would also be nice to have a bit more of!
  • Lastly, I have no clue where Wurm will be in a year from now population wise. I really just do not know where the population will stand following the Steam release but I know for certain if it does not go well then I do not want to be the last memory of these Impalongs to be that of a small population attending it, but to rather go out with a bang, and have them looked back upon with fond memories for all such as how I view the first Impalong I attended.

I would not necessarily be opposed to trying to organize something on the new Steam server, but there are a lot of factors involved there, and the possibility may arise to continue hosting at Blackmoor in the far future, who knows?

I would also gladly assist other would-be Impalong hosts, should they wish me to; and I still plan on just generally attending Impalongs as well, but the cards are not in my favor at this point for me to continue to host right now, who knows what the future may hold though in succeeding years.

On a lighter note, however, don't forget to join our Impalong discord channel!

https://discord.gg/QeQRWK6

• Like 6

Four years of Shrimpalongs will definitely leave a great memory! Thanks for doing it all, Shrimpiie and here is to this year's festivities! Good time will be had, as always.

• Like 1

Well, first, I will miss this annual tradition. It's been such a joy to experience the impalong atmosphere that is so positive and fun at Blackmoor. The hard work you've put in from year to year is apparent in every aspect of the event, from the small details to the larger games and activities.

Second, please include me to help with imping Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Cloth Tailoring, Pottery, Masonry, and Stone Cutting.

Edited by Seriphina

Oi, Shrimpiie! I'm still not on the staff list! QQ. No love for the Shizno.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:51 PM, Seriphina said:

Well, first, I will miss this annual tradition.

we still can pack shrimpiie island for christmass! lol

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tamat said:

we still can pack shrimpiie island for christmass! lol

Any chance to bring some bricks and pave it also? All of it? 🤔

• Like 1

you can count me as another improver at blacksmith(99), carpentry(99), fine carpentry(99), plate(92), weapon(80), masonry(95)

Edited by kgorski