Sign in to follow this  
Starstorm

The Commonwealth - 2x3x - 4k custom map - 80k creatures

banner-8310.png

Welcome to The Commonwealth!

The Commonwealth is a new PvE server with the intention of providing a well balanced WU experience so as not to make it either too hard nor too easy.

We spent days on creating the perfect map for this, and even more time on making sure that the mods are set up correctly.

It is hosted by us personally so we have full control of every aspect of the server, making it easier to intervene should it be needed.

Check out our website for detailed information on the mods and changes!

We also have set up an entry on wurm-unlimited.com which can be found here.

A short summary of the most important details:

• 2x skillgain
  • 3x action timers
  • 4k custom made map
  • 80k creatures, 45% aggro rate
  • 50 hits per wall
  • Deed cost and upkeep enabled
  • 20 starting characteristics, except 21 BC
  • Can load stuff without 23 BS
  • 10 FS, 1 in other skills
  • Crops won't rot

We hope to see you on there! ;)

Edited by Starstorm
  • Like 1

3 CR is not well balanced

BC 20 for everyone except GMs, who start with horses and carts, does not encourage me to join

Edited by zCat
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, zCat said:

3 CR is not well balanced

BC 20 for everyone except GMs, who start with horses and carts, does not encourage me to join

Hey there zCat!

There's still a bit of balancing left to do so that 3CR is subject to change.
We accumulated that stuff at spawn during testing, that's why we're a bit ahead.

Are deeds free here to make?

Also are you sure its a 4k map? Looking at it and comparing it to other 4k maps feels... off

7 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

Are deeds free here to make?

Also are you sure its a 4k map? Looking at it and comparing it to other 4k maps feels... off

No, you have to pay for creation and upkeep (as per the OP), but it's balanced in a way so that only by voting you can keep up a fairly sized deed.

And yes, it's a 4k map, you can see the coordinates on the livemap in the bottom left corner.

Shrine of Toyot and Silent Winds are player deeds, the others are the spawn town and to mark important spots

Edited by Starstorm

You changed to 21 BC, that helps a lot.

I assumed "deed upkeep enabled" meant they were free to create, but I was wrong.

When I plant crops I really want to be sure that I will be able to harvest them. Please consider giving small free deeds, 5x5 tiles is enough

3 CR is ok for the first few weeks, especially if deeds are not free, but it will soon make hunting too easy CR=1 is normal setting, for example on WO

ahhh I see you changed CR to 1

Edited by zCat

So how were those two deeds created so quickly if deeding isn't free? Especially since you need a boat to leave the spawn island. Did you launch the server weeks before posting here? 

EDIT:

August 29th, 2019 01:07 PM EST 

Was when the server was launched? Why didn't you post here sooner? Kind of a bummer that some people have had the advantage over others who had no idea this existed since it wasn't publicly announced...

I check the WU server section almost daily, and when i see a new server pop up, i expect the server to be either released shortly before the post (the same day, or a day before) or released in the future at an announced set date. If not, then i'd like to be informed when the server actually opened to the public. 

Edited by atazs

3 hours ago, atazs said:

So how were those two deeds created so quickly if deeding isn't free? Especially since you need a boat to leave the spawn island. Did you launch the server weeks before posting here? 

EDIT:

August 29th, 2019 01:07 PM EST 

Was when the server was launched? Why didn't you post here sooner? Kind of a bummer that some people have had the advantage over others who had no idea this existed since it wasn't publicly announced...

I check the WU server section almost daily, and when i see a new server pop up, i expect the server to be either released shortly before the post (the same day, or a day before) or released in the future at an announced set date. If not, then i'd like to be informed when the server actually opened to the public. 

Hey!

Yes we launched a few weeks prior, but didn't post here immediately because we had a lot of stuff still left to be figured out. We told some friends about it who helped test it all. Also we wanted to have the website set up before we posted here. There are only like 4 people who have had a bigger headstart, the others have barely played a bit.