Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

Option to turn rare into normal item

Since we are seeing people suggesting whole-sale changes to the game as QoL changes, I'll offer a real QoL suggestion.

Could we have an option on rare items to turn them into normal items? Or at least some way to force them into bulk containers.

Kind of tired of having rare dirt littered all over my deed.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

Maybe a popup asking if we want to continue when putting in bsb/fsb/etc?  It'd give another option other than saccing  +1

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

rare dirt? take, drop, dig up, you have normal dirt... / every time you get some.. try to make a rare kiln or a coal-pile if you don't want to drop or sac' it

rare log? take, drag to campfire/forge/etc.. will be dealt with soon..

rare rocks - sacrifice, or mail for cod cost to anyone in GL-/Freedom

rare metal ore.. smelt, keep on alt/merchant npc for own or sale puposes

rare branch, cotton, herb, etc.. alt/merchant or same as for the rocks.. unless you have a magic chest

If you were to mine a lot... to get 1-10/+ rare/supreme rocks a day.. that's a problem.. but if you have no use for them, nothing stops you to just dump them in a corner to decay or to have an altar near by to clean up.

Makes no sense to dump rare dirt in bsb to turn it to normal, same for food, etc

• Like 2

Whatever happens, be careful not to do it in a way where people might accidentally turn a supreme pick or something unrare which they don't want changed. 

1 hour ago, LionIX said:

Whatever happens, be careful not to do it in a way where people might accidentally turn a supreme pick or something unrare which they don't want changed. 

Nah, it'll be right next to the Mine option, like how other items have similar opposing actions next to each other lol.

Don't they also have discard options on most resources? 

Why would this be preferable to say simply sacrificing a rare? 

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Don't they also have discard options on most resources? 

Why would this be preferable to say simply sacrificing a rare? 

Because time is money, and 4 second for digging a new dirt and 20 or so seconds lost on sacrificing the rare dirt, isn't as good as just putting it in a bulk container.

• Like 1

Maybe RARE is meant to be rare.. and valued.. also.. not stored.. to keep it's value?

All that value in mind... makes sense to not hoard the thousands you could... just to keep only ~5? Maybe?

2 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

Because time is money, and 4 second for digging a new dirt and 20 or so seconds lost on sacrificing the rare dirt, isn't as good as just putting it in a bulk container.

complain about ALL the other long timers too

CoD your rare+ dirts to me! Lol

time is money, I’ll pay 2c ea! (That’s a bargain compared to selling to token or foraging for coin! Lol)

why can't the game be configured to change it automatically and simply warn you that it'll turn normal when you try to drop it into collective storage?
click yes, job done.