Sign in to follow this  
mrmorlanius

Client issues on Debian

Hi,

I'm using the non-JNLP client under Linux Debian_64x and I'm having the following issues.

• Settings window is very small, just big enough for the close button the WM bar and nothing in the settings window except what looks like a button that looks like  [...]
  • Clicking on a tile jumps the cursor to the top left WM button (the one next to Pin)

These issues do not happen using the JNLP launcher but do when using the native launcher.

Running the launcher in terminal doesn't give any information when trying to do this however in the loading process I do get this message in the terminal window

Spoiler

Loading props file /home/USERNAME/wurm/players/MrMorlanius/windows_1920x1025.txt

Which makes me think that "USERNAME" is an unpopulated variable with a default value or some debug symbol that isn't updated yet.

And in the log the only other errors seen are these

Spoiler

No mapping found for hair0
Sep 20, 2019 7:36:43 PM class.k26t3QTNxZ mMV5oPkCW
SEVERE: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream.
Sep 20, 2019 7:36:43 PM class.k26t3QTNxZ mMV5oPkCW
SEVERE: res/missingsound.ogg
No mapping found for hair7

Settings window using non-jnlp launcher

RvGJtEq.png

Edited by mrmorlanius
more info

Is the settings window fine when opened from the launcher, or does it look the same? What's the version of your Debian?

Does the mouse cursor always jump when clicking or is it sporadic (or maybe it only happens when you click it for a short time, not hold the button)?

No, its tiny when opened from the launcher too but it is fine using JNLP.

I'm on Debian Jessie

The mouse cursor jumps when clicked on a tile but not anywhere else in the UI, I'm still able to use UI elements just fine, and its always to the same place. It doesn't do it all the time if I double click a tile then look around it stops doing it. If I click outside of the window into another application or on another screen then it starts jumping again. This also doesn't happen using the JNLP launcher or any other applications or games.

Tested with legacy and modern renderers and no change in behaviour.

Edited by mrmorlanius