Sign in to follow this  
Anunnaki

accelerated decay of corpses on bridges.

As the title above.

The bridges always seem to have a ton of corpses on them.

r48oIjy.png

iecQk28.png

They stick around for a long while and you can not bury most of them because of the following error (that has been around since bridges were implemented)

Error - You need to be on the same bridge in order to do that. 

You get the error even when you are standing on top of the corpse. I am assuming the error is a hard one to fix since it still exists so why not bypass it and just super-decay corpses instead.

13 hours ago, Anunnaki said:

so why not bypass it and just super-decay corpses instead.

Because the problem appears to be that corpses are not properly recognized as being on the bridge to begin with, so if you had a mechanism that could reliably tag them as "on bridge" for decay to be faster, you'd probably be very close to fixing the actual problem anyway. Pure conjecture, but I suspect this isn't as easily "bypassed" as you think it is.

You'd probably have to accelerate corpse decay in general to address this. Which would also be fine, almost everyone's leaving them out and about butchered but unburied, wouldn't mind for corpses to disappear faster. Except for player corpses for obvious reasons.

Edited by Flubb
using "to begin with" twice in the same sentence is poor form
  • Like 2

If you can not take/butcher/bury the body on the bridge... and we talk about just creature corpses - sure.. fast decay +1

• Like 1

-1 on in general faster decay. Undamaged corpses are needed for the rebirth spell. And some are used as decoration. Maaaybe an off deed increased decay, but I'd rather just have being able to bury on bridge fixed. 

9 hours ago, Flubb said:

Because the problem appears to be that corpses are not properly recognized as being on the bridge to begin with, so if you had a mechanism that could reliably tag them as "on bridge" for decay to be faster, you'd probably be very close to fixing the actual problem anyway. Pure conjecture, but I suspect this isn't as easily "bypassed" as you think it is.

You'd probably have to accelerate corpse decay in general to address this. Which would also be fine, almost everyone's leaving them out and about butchered but unburied, wouldn't mind for corpses to disappear faster. Except for player corpses for obvious reasons.

Yeah I thought of that but I am assuming that the error, means the server acts like they are on the bridge just not on the tile I happen to be on when I try to bury or pick them up.

I know assuming will probably bite me on my butt but hope springs eternal. 😆  I never thought it would simple fix I am just hoping it would be easier than fixing the "corpse stuck somewhere on the bridge that is unreachable" bug that has persisted for 4 years or so?

4 hours ago, LionIX said:

-1 on in general faster decay. Undamaged corpses are needed for the rebirth spell. And some are used as decoration. Maaaybe an off deed increased decay, but I'd rather just have being able to bury on bridge fixed. 

I am speaking of just the corpses stuck on the bridges. They take decay, it just seems slow in comparison to a corpse on the ground. However that could just be my perception.

Edited by Anunnaki

lol
i felt your pain last year
+1

i don't care anymore, let them gestate. But it should b fixed if it's a quick one.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

"fixed it".. reported as bug.. what it is.. 

Nice thanks!

• Like 1

Shhhh, they do not like to touch bridges code. All the bugs still exist and probably gonna exist for a long time.