Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

Did We Ping Wong Song?

ZCFLKw7.jpg

As I meander along picking sprouts hearing the creaking of the trees as they sway, I also ponder as well.  Of those thoughts, came "Player Impact on another Player" and "Open Note to Wurmians"

To round out the Trilogy I had recently been ruminating about chat.  I suspect more are in their own bubble now inside alliance chats or discord chats or simply not chatty but silently read along.  This could be the reason so few actually participate in server chat or the Global (GL) chat. 

As the participation dropped, PingPong and I,  had begun to fictionally manufacture scenarios and motives and plots done by one to the other as a way to create more activity and fun to read and hopefully others join in on.   Effort was also made to pull others in to elevate inclusion and being part of something bigger than self.   We'd have a blast in seeing what each would come up with as the next feigned drama accusation or scheme of havoc on the other.  All the while doing this in GL chat, we'd be laughing in pm's if we got a good burn in on the other.  I'd threaten him with transcendentalism and other lexicon finds.  He'd invariably close with a calvin and  hobbs wisdom, where he could always on quick recall find one to fit the situation.

Like any good thing, there is a closing time.  We may have exhausted the scheme/schtick/banter for a few times i'd get a side pm from someone thinking this was a real ongoing fight or sometimes in chat we'd be told to take our fight to pms, misreading and missing the skit of humor set in a sarcastic ever rolling dual.  Though unknown,  even likely things made their way to mods mistakenly on complaint, thinking we needed intervention.  The ridiculous bombastic claims and scenarios of ours were hopefully obvious as fake/fiction. A performed joke fails or is less funny if it has to be explained.  As ping is far more beloved and me not so much,  the wonder twin power activate will turn him into a skunksnake and me a twinkietoaster as a possible next act.

In a time where it is ever riskier to accidentally say the wrong thing that may get misunderstood. more joking and laughter is needed to cut some of the doom tension about.   With some regret the poke-a-thon, where ping constantly tried to take a larger share of the "dial-in-phone-a-thon donations" and sell me counterfeit tickets,  will come to a close.  Despite the Horror near the concession stand, we are thankful the #IAmSilverwolfe march was a huge success and liberated many.  We can only wonder what ever happened to Wilca when she was conned into selling me pings first in flight travel package.   The prevailing rumor still is strong that she has turned into a Sithe Lord on wild so be careful if your travels bring you that way.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 3

Oh, no you don't! I cannot battle the Ping monster alone! Not while suffering under the bite of his spider minions! You must remain on Cele to help protect the seals. They have voted twice on it already.

• Like 1

perhaps others can devise the next ruse and thereby avoid a pitfall we almost tarzan vined over til the donkey kong barrel bashed us into the mario mushrooms.

I'm quite sure there is a healthy mouse hole out there with a few devilish rabble rousing roosters of ruckus.   Let's see what machiavellian trope is offered up as well as who may be the unlucky participants

• Cat 1

^

I'd love the view(having deed with such) but.. I'd hate to move down to get some kills.. fml I'm lazy 😕 bring the hunting grounds to me

• Like 1

Even a slight smile brought flickering into the minds eye can be a time released healing tonic to wounds both old and new. Then as the years recede only perhaps a sadness will remain of toes squished when the thoughtless trodded through these realms unaware of those resting quietly by the wayside ever watching those in passing through the carefully tended forests of possibilities. The chatter of many voices in this wilderness can be disturbing to those who dwell there within the silence of tranquility which they prefer. Think not to change them into what you would wish them to be but rather know that some are not like you and your kind but nonetheless are part of and beneficial to the whole for the variation out of the sameness that they bring to it. What they think you may never know because their thoughts might shatter with the sharing into places beyond their comfort of retreat.

I see the light of introspection here searching for something which is not mine to reveal. Those who wander there must discover their own truths with so many seeming to mold them into their own experience to enhance their beliefs. As your Trilogy unfolds here perhaps these words might seem disjointed from the present but they are what springs to mind from the reading. Fanciful raindrops from the sky that will refresh some new thoughts sprouted perhaps and yet if nothing remains left behind from a life lived on one's own terms that will be enough for those that lived it. Even then it was to little effect to those who considered it beyond their worth to consider. Within all this harmony of contradiction you must find your own way or be swayed by every slight breeze of an other's thought, for what is pleasant to one is anathema to another.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Even a slight smile brought flickering into the minds eye can be a time released healing tonic to wounds both old and new. Then as the years recede only perhaps a sadness will remain of toes squished when the thoughtless trodded through these realms unaware of those resting quietly by the wayside ever watching those in passing through the carefully tended forests of possibilities. The chatter of many voices in this wilderness can be disturbing to those who dwell there within the silence of tranquility which they prefer. Think not to change them into what you would wish them to be but rather know that some are not like you and your kind but nonetheless are part of and beneficial to the whole for the variation out of the sameness that they bring to it. What they think you may never know because their thoughts might shatter with the sharing into places beyond their comfort of retreat.

I see the light of introspection here searching for something which is not mine to reveal. Those who wander there must discover their own truths with so many seeming to mold them into their own experience to enhance their beliefs. As your Trilogy unfolds here perhaps these words might seem disjointed from the present but they are what springs to mind from the reading. Fanciful raindrops from the sky that will refresh some new thoughts sprouted perhaps and yet if nothing remains left behind from a life lived on one's own terms that will be enough for those that lived it. Even then it was to little effect to those who considered it beyond their worth to consider. Within all this harmony of contradiction you must find your own way or be swayed by every slight breeze of an other's thought, for what is pleasant to one is anathema to another.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I uncharacteristically had to read that a few times to get it.  Quite a crafty dalliance amid the frawns and fauna did the dragonfly flit.  U.B.U was found carved into the sturdy oak who sways to no wind, and has had flowing water reroute around it.  yet all still know of it's presence.  careful of the rivers of consciousness as they contain giardia and other sending one on a different stream of thought and other.

As to my post, the cloth barding on horses always had me think of jousting.  It has long been a great source of entertainment 'cept for the curmudgeon

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

One good thing out of this is that Jpeg is in no jeopardy of being dethroned and will continue to hold his position as Wurm's #1 menace, and Spongle still remains wurm's #2 menace.  Tamat and Zethreal are making great strides in the dark realm creeping up these charts.  Onward and upward with the great work.  Honorable mentions to Grifo, Wucian, Darwin, Madnath.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Cat 1